Rae

Mar 7, 2019
Damn I hadn't seen the trailer for Stellar Blade until now but yeah... it's a very KR MMO feeling from female character design and the jiggling. Also, the related thread here is just giving everyone the side-eye being hyped for it except for the 2-3 people who mention the terrible choices made there.

4 gifts from Moogle

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 4 gifts from Moogle Moogle!

This is a three-day raffle that will expire in 72 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Going Under - Won by Scrappy-Fan92 Scrappy-Fan92 (7 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Ikenfell - Won by Vonocourt Vonocourt (9 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Sayonara Wild Hearts - Won by Foot Foot (15 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Wargroove - Won by kurahador kurahador (5 entries)

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
Edit: and speaking of designs, this game seems to be working backwards into making popular designs. Three Houses made a bunch of good designs with decent characterizations that the fanbase subsequently embraced and popularized. Meanwhile Engage comes off as a bunch of designs made by someone's parent who was trying to emulate what was popular with youths. Spoiler alert: crappy vtuber models isn't what makes vtubers popular and throwing in a bunch of classic characters & anime tropes won't help either.
Legit would not be surprised if no one from the new game end up being popular at all, then again will also depend on the story (not that i have much faith in it)

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
New Pennyblood character is adorable 😭 👍

Gorgeous mix of things here. But the beautiful palette, kinda chunky school uniform... Gosh, she almost looks like some American "Card Captor Sakura" from early the ~1900s with the school uni, rod, and bows.

I love her fluffy hair (and no bangs!), but really dig the hammer too.

Thanks for posting Tycho Kepler !

New character Candy, a young suffragette

Born in Eureka Springs, Arkansas in 1909. Now 14, she currently attends the Aaron School, New York's leading private academy for privileged young women.

Day and night, Candy fights as a passionate activist for political reform, prohibition, bolstering women's rights, and protecting the environment.

Her goal in the future is to continue her education at Barnard College and become the first female American president. Candy never gives up, and has a stronger sense of justice than most.

Candy can be opinionated and has a tendency to get carried away, making her the unpredictable trickster of the team. Her weapons of choice are Crandall Hammers.
Fcyx09iWIAAuzzJ
11b78f67ae934ed9fe7a6ff7354ee6f2_original.png
324013cdcd462e8116ead92f6f90fb90_original.png
dcd48b73e7ee22b8d9e9b317ac0d6a4a_original.png

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

She gets naked (or almost I guess) for all her summons, it's a series thing. I guess we can once again argue the merits or lackthereof of Bayonetta and it's shenanigans, but singling out this one Bayo 3 example is weird, it happens with every game, with every special move she does.

Started playing Atelier Ryza and it's much more egregious than I expected, Ryza herself is of course super sexualized even beyond the thighs, but like the very first lady you meet is

come on man... it's a real shame too because the game actually seems good, it's xenoblade 2 all over again, FML.

Last edited:

Foot

Mar 10, 2019

Gorgeous mix of things here. But the beautiful palette, kinda chunky school uniform... Gosh, she almost looks like some American "Card Captor Sakura" from early the ~1900s with the school uni, rod, and bows.

Born in Eureka Springs, Arkansas in 1909. Now 14, she currently attends the Aaron School, New York's leading private academy for privileged young women.

Day and night, Candy fights as a passionate activist for political reform, prohibition, bolstering women's rights, and protecting the environment.

Her goal in the future is to continue her education at Barnard College and become the first female American president. Candy never gives up, and has a stronger sense of justice than most.

Candy can be opinionated and has a tendency to get carried away, making her the unpredictable trickster of the team. Her weapons of choice are Crandall Hammers.
Fcyx09iWIAAuzzJ
LOVE.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Oh god, another kid character.

And a prohibitionist at that. Good luck becoming president, dear.

Design is alright. The baggy dress look isn't something you see very often. Last time was, ugh, Poppy from Star Ocean 4. She looks way less terrible, tho. Her weapon is pretty dope.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Being feminist in Korea has become almost like being an enemy to a large portion of the population. The division is crazy and the tide has seemingly turned in favor of the men. It's really fucked up and not very surprising that this story exists.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017

Fcyx09iWIAAuzzJ

Not a fan of child characters usually, but it's a really nice design! Primary color palette looks nice, boxy/oversized dress is cute, here's hoping the game treats her well.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
If I knew nothing else a bout Stella, the Chinese language would be my only clue that it isn't a Koei Tecmo game.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
If I knew nothing else a bout Stella, the Chinese language would be my only clue that it isn't a Koei Tecmo game.

It's Korean.

She gets naked (or almost I guess) for all her summons, it's a series thing. I guess we can once again argue the merits or lackthereof of Bayonetta and it's shenanigans, but singling out this one Bayo 3 example is weird, it happens with every game, with every special move she does.

Started playing Atelier Ryza and it's much more egregious than I expected, Ryza herself is of course super sexualized even beyond the thighs, but like the very first lady you meet is

come on man... it's a real shame too because the game actually seems good, it's xenoblade 2 all over again, FML.

There's just so much to unpack here.

Upon reflection, I didn't give the Penny Blood character enough credit, aside from being a rich prohibitionist. That design is a masterpiece. The Ryza character is a tragedy on so many levels.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada

Her design is rock-solid (though at first I thought her hair was a weird helmet), and I'm looking forward to the reveal trailer when we can see Marisa in action. I also appreciate the muscle definition and mass this character is sporting, as it was one of the things SFV had gotten right with it's female cast (even the leaner female fighters sport defined musculature) and was worried it would be taken away when the game was going to skew closer to stylized realism.

I'm definitely seeing her being a grappler, but I can also see this character studying under Kick Jitsu (which mixes techniques and methods of Kickboxing, Grappling, Pankration, Hapkido, and Jujitsu), which was born in the mid 1980's and the discipline is widespread across the region to this day.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
I won a giveaway, thanks Moogle! Really love to see Giftbot used as intended for community threads like that.

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
Her design is rock-solid (though at first I thought her hair was a weird helmet), and I'm looking forward to the reveal trailer when we can see Marisa in action. I also appreciate the muscle definition and mass this character is sporting, as it was one of the things SFV had gotten right with it's female cast (even the leaner female fighters sport defined musculature) and was worried it would be taken away when the game was going to skew closer to stylized realism.

I'm definitely seeing her being a grappler, but I can also see this character studying under Kick Jitsu (which mixes techniques and methods of Kickboxing, Grappling, Pankration, Hapkido, and Jujitsu), which was born in the mid 1980's and the discipline is widespread across the region to this day.

The hair is supposed to mimic the roman legionaire helmet

160-1609105_roman-helmet.png

So she might have traditional greco-roman wrestling moves. Lots of grappling and takedown moves.

Servbot24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watched my wife play Diofield Chronicles demo yesterday - very impressed with the character design and artwork so far!

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020
After 2 years and more than $3 billion in revenue, Genshin Impact is about to release their 3rd female character who wears pants (extremely tight pants, given the comparison).

Pretty sure it's the same artist Hyung-tae Kim, who's the leader of this developer studio Shift Up. Probably also the artist for this mobile game and then Magna Carta.
1607056661_146_NIKKE-The-Goddess-Of-Victory-del-estudio-de-Hyung-tae-Kim.jpg

E_IT_6AVIAII1Rn.jpg
The static picture does not quite capture how bad it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azdWocwNH5A

Last edited:

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Loli? Check. No pants? Check. Pigeon toes? Generic moeblob face? Check. Belts and straps EVERYWHERE like a Nomura parody? Check check check.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

Wo Long Fallen Dynasty

by Team Ninja have demo out with chara creator, similiar to Nioh, the armor are usually armor, except in the demo there is one that is not armor.

The demo similiar to PSO2 NGS set body type as Body type 1 and Body type 2, and the full game will allow player to choose own pronoun.

In the full game, hope there will be Miao style outfit~

Body type 1 starter outfit
d8EW0BN.jpg

gchAUV0.jpg

hB11CZO.jpg

UZXr9FW.jpg

xjdAOdr.jpg

Body type 2 starter outfit
Oxxh7Ow.jpg

R7jwTXQ.jpg
2AJ2AJY.jpg
mhL6Vz7.jpg

vdEH9l8.jpg

Armor ingame are yellow turban army outfit and a fanservice type ceromonial armor thing
9zhR7bq.jpg

jwwVW3o.jpg

RlobLHM.jpg

MMDtSYF.jpg

SKxlpA4.jpg

ConVito

Oct 16, 2018
Bit of a disconnect with a couple of the outfits, but overall I dig how similar they are between body types.

Personally, those in-game shots are giving me Elden Ring vibes, which honestly kills a lot of my interest. Hope it's just the look. But that's not what this thread's about anyway.

Aug 29, 2020
Speaking of Star Ocean, the demo for the new game is out and the main heroine is lovely in her puffy armor:

Unfortunately the other women who (briefly) appeared were more or less embarrassing:
latest
They all looked even worse in 3d.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Still know to wait to see the back of any armored character now. Not the biggest fan of heels either way, but looks decent though from the front at least.