• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LeroyOctopus

Oct 29, 2017
There are a ton of these out there right now, as a lot of people have pointed out. I don't think any of them have been as big of a hit as some of the bigger indie pixel art games though.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are a ton of these out there right now, as a lot of people have pointed out. I don't think any of them have been as big of a hit as some of the bigger indie pixel art games though.
given the increase in effort needed to make good 3D anything, there just hasn't been much of a "3D boom" as there was for 2D retro games. even matching the scope of PS1/N64 games is much more of a daunting task. so making it good on top of that seems to be a big ask, unfortunately

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
So the guys who are making Ion Maiden announced they're working on another new shooter using the Quake 1 engine.

Coríu

Feb 27, 2018
Asturies
Not strictly PS1-inspired, but I'd say it somehow looks a bit closer to PS1 platformers rather than recalling something like Banjo-Kazooie. I guess it's mainly down to the texture detail.