Stronger fighter?

• Kratos

Votes: 893 55.5%
  • Doomguy

Votes: 715 44.5%

• Total voters

Linkyn

Oct 27, 2017
Kratos still has to get up close for the most part, so I'm going with the Slayer.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Doom Slayer.

I don't think people even realize how OP he is. He never needs to sleep or eat, he absorbs the power/essence of everything he kills, and he cannot be killed.

He's basically Kratos X 100 and is described as literally eternal. Like, he's millions of years old.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Doomguy can just dodge the axes n stuff and shoot him. Assuming either can be killed by normal means, I gotta go with doomguy. Those chain axes will be a bitch to evade though if he lets kratos get too close.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Kratos killed Hades, the God of hell. I don't he'll have trouble with one marine who gets trounced by basic Marauders of hell :p

Biteren

Oct 29, 2017
Hasn't the Slayer been to hell and back like 4 times at minimum? lol
lets count!

Doom 1 episode 2 and 3 are in hell
Doom 2 doomguy returns to hell for the last third of the game
Doom 64 doomguy goes back to hell fairly early in the game and stays there
Doom 2016 the Slayer already has a history and imfamy in hell at that point and returns to hell twice
Doom Eternal: Slayer returns twice in the game

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God of war 2018 kratos just about edges him out in the fight. Pre god of war 2018 kratos... good luck doomguy.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
The Doom Slayer is equivalent to something like One Punch Man, except he's always extremely pissed off. He's literally unstoppable, and his rage is so great that he cannot be tempted or persuaded away from his goal by anyone or anything.

Anyone thinking Kratos would win doesn't know much about Doom Guy.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Kratos is basically the Marauder, and I hate that guy. Dude could definitely put up a fight.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
The Doom Slayer is equivalent to something like One Punch Man, except he's always extremely pissed off. He's literally unstoppable, and his rage is so great that he cannot be tempted or persuaded away from his goal by anyone or anything.
That just perfectly described Kratos lol

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Ha ha, what a question.

Let me point out that I (and I'm sure all of you) died plenty of times while playing as both characters. Their stories may say how badass they are, but in actual practice, they die pretty damn easily. Those deaths officially didn't happen, I suppose, but don't you find it extra frustrating when you die, especially to some wimpy zombie, in a game where your character is supposed to be basically unkillable?

Anyway, all that said: Doom Slayer has IDDQD (God Mode), so if he's having trouble, he can just cheat his way to victory.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Kratos would make it about his dumb fucking angst with little recognition that everything awful in his life is his own fault.

Meanwhile Doomguy is ripping cacodemons apart one second, then fistbumping minifigures the next.

tenor.gif

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We don't know if conventional scifi weapon works on Kratos. So probably doomguy > bearded kratos , angry kratos > doomguy.

For real though, they probably gonna bang each other.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
That just perfectly described Kratos lol
Nah, Ares tricks Kratos throughout the first game, Pandora makes Kratos question killing Zues, and lets not even talk about 2018 Kratos.

The Doom Slayer doesn't even sleep and has been nonstop killing demons for an almost infinite amount of time. Also, he absorbs the power of everything he kills.

Oct 27, 2017

Anyone thinking Kratos would win doesn't know much about Doom Guy.
There is nothing in Doom that says he can survive being killed then return from death. That's the biggest problem he has.

Kratos surpasses him in speed, in his health and can never be killed. He is able to adapt to any situation and use anything to accomplish his goal.

I love Doom guy but he is definitely not strong enough to take down Kratos or any greek god in general.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Kratos, he's a literal God and he killed literal Gods. Nuff said.

Oct 27, 2017
Doom Slayer.

I don't think people even realize how OP he is. He never needs to sleep or eat, he absorbs the power/essence of everything he kills, and he cannot be killed.

He's basically Kratos X 100 and is described as literally eternal. Like, he's millions of years old.
I mean it's borderline canonical at this point that doomguy is immortal so long as he keeps fighting. Especially if you want to get real metagame, he's able to heal and equip from bosses without killing them either, so long as he's hurting something he can go forever.

He'd absolutely wipe the floor with old man Kratos from 'GoW 18, and could probably take GoW 3 Kratos so long as he had room to move.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
There is nothing in Doom that says he can survive being killed then return from death. That's the biggest problem he has.

Kratos surpasses him in speed, in his health and can never be killed. He is able to adapt to any situation and use anything to accomplish his goal.

I love Doom guy but he is definitely not strong enough to take down Kratos or any greek god in general.
The Doom Slayer absorbs anything he kills. Kratos would cease to exist if he were killed as his very essence would be absorbed. The Doom Slayer can also never get tired, and can move faster than Kratos has ever moved in a God of War game (like a constant 40-45 mph? Not factoring in dash speed).

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Seeing as Doomguy seems to be constantly on the verge of dying or running out of ammo unless he has a lot of small fodder enemies to kill I'd say Kratos has a advantage in a one on one fight. Eternal era Doomguy doesn't seem very durable either and can't take many hits before going down whereas Kratos can take a lot of punishment.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
Seeing as Doomguy seems to be constantly on the verge of dying or running out of ammo unless he has a lot of small fodder enemies to kill I'd say Kratos has a upper hand in a one on one fight. Eternal era Doomguy doesn't seem very durable either and can't take many hitsb efore going down whereas Kratos can take a lot of punishment.

Idk breh on the equivalent difficulty in 2018, Kratos is also really squishy

Oct 25, 2017
doom guy has the crucible sword now too which slices anything short of a titan level demon in half without breaking a sweat, and immobilised immortals via stabbing into them

Oct 27, 2017
The Doom Slayer absorbs anything he kills. Kratos would cease to exist if he were killed as his very essence would be absorbed. The Doom Slayer can also never get tired, and can move faster than Kratos has ever moved in a God of War game (like a constant 40-45 mph?).
Actually that's false.

Demons he kills return to hell, get stitched back together and returned to action. That was established in Doom 4. What revives them is argent energy which is what Doom guy can absorb (and Kratos doesn't use this energy so Doom guy can't absorb his energy ). Kratos can also absorb the energy fd his enemies wether it is argent or anything. That's how he gets multiple power of gods in the games.

Kratos can absolutely move faster if he decides. He got the boots of hermes which is canonical really really godly fast

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Until this thread I always thought Doomguy was just a random space marine in a suit. Gotta read up on that.

Oct 27, 2017
Bro doom 1 (1994) episode 1 ending you die and go to hell then you fight back to the world of the living unless I'm misremembering
You barely scrape by in the first episode. It was established in the code that he is teleported to Deimos with barely any health but enoughh to survive his encounter. He wasn't sent to hell in that one.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Kratos would make it about his dumb fucking angst with little recognition that everything awful in his life is his own fault.

I think you need to play the newest GoW. ;) He's well aware he messed it all up and there is nothing he is more afraid of than his son making the same mistakes.