Votes: 197 30.2%
  • Just Doom!

Votes: 97 14.9%
  • Neither.

Votes: 136 20.8%

• Total voters

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I wish I could but I think I might just wait for RE3. Animal Crossing is tempting though. I've never played one.

FreddeGredde

Oct 27, 2017
Only got Animal Crossing. Have tried the older games but never gotten into them at all, but this one is COMPLETELY different for me!

Already spent more than ten hours, because there's so much to do and so much you can do to personalize your island already within the first days.

I'm obsessed.

clickKunst

Dec 18, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Minimising my time outside and these are titles I'd want to put on the shelf. Nintendo and Zenimax are big enough companies to weather the storm. Once this storm passes, I'll pick them up cheap during the Boxing Day sales.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Don't have a Switch and waiting for a sale on Doom, hardly ever buy games day 1 anymore and have a giant backlog.

VZ_Blade

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Grabbed AC, planning to get Doom later this year - I need a beefier graphics card for it.

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Grabbed Doom on Day One and I will probably get Animal Crossing at the end of the month when I get money.

Soooo... both, I guess? :P

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
forgot about the one island thing so i guess i'll just watch my partner play ac? man

doom is fun

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Got both. Have been playing Doom more since the first day in AC is pretty locked down.

Willin

Oct 28, 2017
I got the games mixed up and accidently stuck a chainsaw in Tom Nook's head. 🤦‍♂️

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I got both. Originally I was only going to get AC and then wait for Doom to go on sale, but since I've been stuck at home due to everything going on right now with the virus I figured I might as well pick up both.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I got DOOM. My partner got Animal Crossing.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Looking at those results, the allure of spending time away on a tropical island surrounded by adorable animal friends is just too much for most to resist at the moment!

I got myself both games, seeing as they're both great at what they do. Doom Eternal is high octane demon crushing to satiate the angry metalhead in me. While Animal Crossing is a nice mellow title to pluck away at while winding down from an anxious day.

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
I got both, was unsure about AC and thought it wouldn't be for me but it's incredible. As a result, I have barely touched Doom.

Last edited:

Bahlor

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I wish... can't justify full price titles at the moment. So both titles have to wait, but we're really excited to play both games as soon as possible. But we watch a lot of gameplay videos on YT. COVID19 sucks.

EDebs1916

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I got Doom Eternal and 64 for me and Animal Crossing the Animal Crossing Switch for my wife. It's the only video game she plays. She had a 3DS and now a Switch for just one game.
I'll pick up AC for myself likely after Doom and FFVII are done.

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
I would have gotten both, but I am away from my PC. So I just got Animal Crossing with one of those eshop coupons.

Will buy Doom later. Hopefully play it when the ray-tracing update is out.

Oct 27, 2017
Digital Doom and I'm waiting for my Animal Crossing to arrive in the post. Never played an AC game before but I'm just as excited to pull weeds and pole vault rivers as I was to slay demons yesterday.

bender

Oct 27, 2017
Both for me. Haven't tried out Doom yet. Add in Nioh 2, Doom 64, La Mulana and La Mulana 2 and I don't think any month will match March for quality releases. I wish I had something to play Half Life Alyx on as well. The timing is fortunate as well with everyone self quarantining.

Jun 17, 2018
Never played AC but really enjoyed Stardew Valley. They seem really comparable but I'm probably wrong, AC looks good but I'm concerned I might not enjoy it and don't want to drop ÂŁ40 if it's not for me.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Can't afford to get either. Eternal was supposed to be my bday gift to myself but had to cancel my order. Life sucks.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Would have gotten both if I didn't lose my job.
For quarantine without anything to do, Animal Crossing was the better choice.

Not to mention I'll probably get Eternal for 30 bucks in a year or so.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Skipped Doom as I didn't care for the last one. Picked up Animal Crossing and just bought Luigis Mansion 3 last week. Next going to get RE3 and FF7.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Got em both. Oddly I'm enjoying AC more and DOOM less when historically my preferences has been the opposite. Gonna have to see how this plays out.

Tpallidum

Oct 28, 2017
Just Doom for me.

I like the character Isabelle in Mario kart and smash but I never understood the point of actual animal crossing. So you get a house and the goal is to fill it with cool stuff doing chores that reset in real time?? Idk I guess for a certain type of player.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
I got Animal Crossing for my wife , who will hog the TV for the next week until P5Royal :P

Oct 27, 2017
Doom hasn't arived yet but I got AC as a gift. I haven't played much of it but it is good so far. Right now I am moree so busy with Doom 64 on Switch. This game is still a blast.

Oct 26, 2017
Just Animal Crossing. I thought Doom 2016 was fine enough but I just didn't have the motivation to keep playing. It felt a little exhausting, honestly, so I didn't bother with the new one

Yasawas

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't care about 2016 Doom so only bought AC but I do enjoy the contrast of potentially buying both. I seem to remember that New Leaf launched alongside The Last of Us, I remember buying them both on the same day.