Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On top of how demented this person is I want people to realize thay calling the cops like this on a Black person is an act of violence.

Castform

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Florida, United States
She definitely meant to harm that man. She knew she wouldn't face consequences over it the same way she knew the rules of the Ramble didn't apply to her.

I'm very glad that she might face some professional consequences over this as she needs some major humbling and empathy development.

Twenty7kvn

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
he really needed to record this? Clearly the racism is awful and good for him to get it on tape. but what was he doing before that outburst? recording her walking her dog without a leash? why?
How about he told her to put a leash on her dog she starts acting crazy threatening to call the cops on him and then he starts recording. Why is it that black people always got to prove our innocents.

Last edited:

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
"Sorry if I offended anyone" is the worst sentence. May as well say "I didn't expect this reaction when caught"

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
www.cnn.com

White woman who called police on a black man bird-watching in Central Park has been fired | CNN

The white woman who called police on a black man in Central Park during an encounter involving her unleashed dog has been fired from her job, her employer said Tuesday.
The descriptions of the moments before the video started are hilarious. "This man, he was bird watching. He came out of the bush." And yet, soon after he starts recording, the lady charges him.

burnsy

Banned
May 31, 2018
You have it mixed up, it's a hostile environment when you're having interactions with racist pieces of shit like that.
Can't argue with that except I dont have it mixed up, every second person is a busy body with a camera phone. Americans display zero conflict resolution skills.

But since the only acceptable answer in this thread is to ridicule Karen I'm fine with sticking to that.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (2 months): concern trolling in a sensitive thread
If he didn't record this he'd be in jail right now

The police didn't show up. If he didn't record, neither we nor the police would even know his name.

It was a reasonable precaution by him, for sure. But 1) it didn't, in fact, protect him and 2) assuming it *would* have protected him in a confrontation gives NYPD the benefit of the doubt which... maybe I wouldn't.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
The police didn't show up. If he didn't record, neither we nor the police would even know his name.

It was a reasonable precaution by him, for sure. But 1) it didn't, in fact, protect him and 2) assuming it *would* have protected him in a confrontation gives NYPD the benefit of the doubt which... maybe I wouldn't.

they did show up?

per cnn

The New York Police Department told CNN when officers responded, neither Christian Cooper nor Amy Cooper were present. No arrests or summonses were made, according to NYPD.

OnionPowder

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL

It gives him an out to go home once they pick him up

It doesn't stop them from shooting him, but can prevent him from being held against his will with no evidence for longer periods of time. It's also impossible to know what would have happened if he wasn't filming. You most likely wouldn't have ever heard about it even if something happened. Filming and protecting yourself is never a stupid idea.

MAL

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 25, 2020
Its really in the same vein as people using the police for swatting people.

Just have zero sympathy for that lady. Reading the CNN article on the whole incident, the lady is saying that "her entire life is being destroyed right now." Well, hey, maybe don't try to destroy somebody else's entire life and karma won't smack you in the face? Some people are just complete assholes. That lady is getting what she deserves for her sociopathic behaviour.

This situation is total madness and I fully agree with everything you said in your post.

Aug 1, 2018
"my entire life is being destroyed right now!" - Says the person who just tried to destroy someone else's life.

ESJdyUXUYAAXsSr.jpg

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
This is someone who would weaponize the police on black people because they told you your dog needs to be on a leash. Why would anyone expect anything beyond "Sorry if you were offended proceeded by doubling down"?

These statements that come out less than 24 hours after an incident are never genuine. She figured out her deep underlying racism in like a few hours.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL

They did show up tho so...

RealCanadianBro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
he really needed to record this? Clearly the racism is awful and good for him to get it on tape. but what was he doing before that outburst? recording her walking her dog without a leash? why?

Why does it matter? She was walking her dog without a leash in a park that requires her to put a leash on a dog. He was telling her to leash the dog and she flipped shit resulting in what transpired in the video. Why is your concern more about him recording than her outburst that could have lead to his death?

Of course he needed to record this, otherwise white people wouldn't be outraged over this if they didn't see the dog getting choked to death. This isn't even a joke. Look at some of the posts ITT and on twitter. The concern about the dog and no mention of the black man that could have been killed because of white privilege is real.

Seriously, read the thread. PoC's safest option when confronting white people doing dumb shit/racist shit is to use their phones to record and provide evidence of the racist, vile shit that pops off around them and even then most of the time it gets dismissed in a court of 'law.'

Also her apology does nothing to address the fact that she used 'African-American' as a coded message to get the police to come weapons free.

This is the wrong question.

The question to ask is why, in a so-called civilized society, is immediately pulling out a camera the safest and most correct action to take for a Black man when approached by a belligerent white woman?

^Pretty much this.

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2017
Why does it matter? She was walking her dog without a leash in a park that requires her to put a leash on a dog. He was telling her to leash the dog and she flipped shit resulting in what transpired in the video. Why is your concern more about him recording than her outburst that could have lead to his death?

Of course he needed to record this, otherwise white people wouldn't be outraged over this if they didn't see the dog getting choked to death. This isn't even a joke. Look at some of the posts ITT and on twitter. The concern about the dog and no mention of the black man that could have been killed because of white privilege is real.

Seriously, read the thread. PoC's safest option when confronting white people doing dumb shit/racist shit is to use their phones to record and provide evidence of the racist, vile shit that pops off around them and even then most of the time it gets dismissed in a court of 'law.'

Also her apology does nothing to address the fact that she used 'African-American' as a coded message to get the police to come weapons free.

^Pretty much this.

Shit, I would have done the same thing.

I love how she uses the politically correct term while being racist as fuck.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, she seemed like she was trying to get him killed. She put on a terrified voice expressing a very false sense of danger, while emphasizing he was black. This lady is fucking trash, and her bullshit could have got someone killed.

oledome

Oct 25, 2017
Can't argue with that except I dont have it mixed up, every second person is a busy body with a camera phone. Americans display zero conflict resolution skills.

But since the only acceptable answer in this thread is to ridicule Karen I'm fine with sticking to that.
I agree that pulling a phone out to video interactions can escalate things, and I think if you want to make a general comment about that then ok, but in this context it's a mixed up comment to make (imo) where the hostility was coming from one place, and knowing how much racism there is in the world, if I were black in the US and could see things heating up with a Karen, I'd be pulling my phone out too.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017

You're embarrassing

And so are you.

And we know the police showed up.

Even if nothing happened to the guy (because he left instead waiting for the police to assassinate him) this recording highlights how white people know and will weaponize the police against black people over the most minor of quarels. This whole shit would be avoidable if she wasn't a dumb racist piece of shit. That's the whole crux of this. She doens't wanna follow the law and deal with this dude? Fine, walk the fuck away. That literally would be the end of it.

The shit you guys are doing is a joke.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Damn, that was pure malicious intent. Just wow. The way she made herself sound more distressed and mentioned that he is african american, specifically to create a certain image and response of the police. She perfectly understood the priviliege she wields.

Deleted member 4452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's always curious how these people feeling threatened for their life to the extent of calling 911 still take the time to move towards the so-called threat in a confrontational manner.

pechorin

Banned
Apr 13, 2020

Deleted member 5086

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To the people whose first instinct it is to come into this thread and JAQ off, I hope you know you're contributing to a hostile and unwelcoming environment for black people. The fact that this is happening even in a thread where the context is as blatant as this should not be surprising, but it still blows my mind.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
She should have to spend a few nights in a cell for wasting police time and for potentially endangering an innocent person.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why do they always say they're not a racist in their "apology"?

Also weird coincidence but both the man and woman's last name is Cooper? Strange.
Haven't you heard? Being a racist is equalivant of being called a slur. Hell being called Karen is considered a slur.... Acknowledging anything white people do is considered a slur so we all should continue to get our free pass and a pat on the head.

Shits been fucking transparent lately, it's not hard to see why white nationalism is on the rise

Deleted member 8901

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm sure it has been said many times in this 15 page thread but it's crazy when you think that there are probably hundreds of cases like these where the "perpetrator" doesn't have video evidence and was probably picked up / beaten / charged by cops on a made up story.

Like what is so hard about apologizing, leashing your dog, and then leaving? Or better yet, just follow the damn rules in the first place... but no, I'm white so I can do anything I want and no one's ever going to hold me accountable anyways.

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. That performative display of fake terror, the calculated intent behind those words, how natural it came to her to start playing up like this, and the casual physical abuse of the dog perhaps to make it even more convincing to the phone operator. This is like some rehearsed shit, likely because this absolutely isn't her first rodeo. How many innocent folks have had their lives ruined because of people like this and the misfortune of not having recorded actual video evidence of what had truly transpired? It boggles the mind.

She had a lucrative career and has in all likelihood thrown it away even when recorded, because that racist dopamine rushing through her brain wouldn't stop flowing. Have fun reaping the consequences, ma'am, though I reckon her life is nowhere near as over as it should be. Early forties, white, has a privileged educational background and there's no shortage of racist vermin who would happily offer her new opportunities once the dust has settled.

zon

Oct 28, 2017
I hope she loses everything because of this, you should suffer when you try to have a man murdered by cop. I wouldn't be surprised if she's done similar things in the past.

ps3ud0

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To the people whose first instinct it is to come into this thread and JAQ off, I hope you know you're contributing to a hostile and unwelcoming environment for black people. The fact that this is happening even in a thread where the context is as blatant as this should not be surprising, but it still blows my mind.
Thanks for saying this as it's driving me insane. I thought I was making it up in my head but its so obvious and right in your face that I just can't give them the benefit of the doubt...

ps3ud0 8)

Oct 25, 2017
I like when people make public apologies and they say 'my life is being torn apart!' as if that's the important part of the apology. It's very transparent.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
I'm just so fucking sorry. I'm not American, but I am white, and I'm overwhelmed by shame and disgust. The casual psychopathy Amy Cooper displays in this video is chilling, but the fact that we all know her threats only have weight because the police constantly murder black people at the pleasure of whites is fucking unbearable.

I can only imagine how this makes people of colour feel; especially those with children.

How do we stop this? How do we work towards fixing it? There has to be more we can do besides feeling impotent outrage.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just so fucking sorry. I'm not American, but I am white, and I'm overwhelmed by shame and disgust. The casual psychopathy Amy Cooper displays in this video is chilling, but the fact that we all know her threats only have weight because the police constantly murder black people at the pleasure of whites is fucking unbearable.

I can only imagine how this makes people of colour feel; especially those with children.

How do we stop this? How do we work towards fixing it? There has to be more we can do besides feeling impotent outrage.
You jail the police who murder innocents, and you jail people like her who attempt murder. That's gotta be a start.