Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People can't help themselves.

They want to believe he's arguing in good faith. :*(

Ironically, people are responding to the troll with convincing arguments and solid evidence. It's probably made this thread more informative to the random reader with incomplete knowledge.

I think trolling only works when it lowers the discourse through volume and generates circular arguments and frustrations. There aren't enough trolls here, this story is arrow-straight, no one's getting frustrated.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
It looks like most responses defending Trump make sure to include the phrase "quid-pro-quo." I suppose that's the strategy--draw laser focus on that specific phrase?
Let me post this one more time

...don't get caught up in all the quid pro quo stuff, that's exactly what the Trump admin wants, to set the terms of Trump's guilt to a subjective argument that's difficult to prove. Simply focus on what's proveably illegal and ignore the noise.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My favorite part is that he might have sunk himself in an effort to sink Biden, when the best way to sink Biden is to let him talk.

darkwing

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
how does a recall email even work anyway lmao

and the mention of deep state hahaha

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
What is Rudy Giuliani's official designation with the White House and Trump?

Trump sounds like he wanted Rudy to craft something with the Ukraine. Almost as a go-over-the-head of the DoJ and AG Barr with this goofy Biden investigation thing.

Is Rudy a NSA? Or just a lawyer?

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Let me post this one more time

...don't get caught up in all the quid pro quo stuff, that's exactly what the Trump admin wants, to set the terms of Trump's guilt to a subjective argument that's difficult to prove. Simply focus on what's proveably illegal and ignore the noise.
Definitely agree. It's the same thing with Mueller--keep repeating "collusion" (since you know that specific word is unlikely to appear in the report) and then claim victory.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah stop replying to someone who has a legitimate question. Fuck me for not being as smart as you, ass.

Also, did respond with very helpful replies.
No one here is going to pull up the exact law and your response after most of those helpful replies was still "show me where he broke the law" as if we're members of Congress. If you don't get it by now, that's something else.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How is there anything wrong with this? I know we all want Trump to be impeached and imprisoned but y'all are making this into something it isn't and just coming across as ignorant. What law is broken by Trump asking the Ukrainian pres to look into corruption?
OK, so, let's for the sake of comparison say your boss freezes your next paycheck. Two days after he freezes it, he calls you into his office and says that you've had a good relationship, that he's done a lot for you, but you haven't reciprocated. He then segues into telling you to fudge some accounting numbers for him. He doesn't mention your paycheck in exchange, but the implication is there.
Like, this is what the situation with Trump is:

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017

Trump sounds like he wanted Rudy to craft something with the Ukraine. Almost as a go-over-the-head of the DoJ and AG Barr with this goofy Biden investigation thing.

he is an informal cybersecurity adviser and part of trump's legal team

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, Trump wants oppo on Biden, a likely presidential opponent, and Biden's son Hunter, happened to be working for a corporation in Ukraine. Trump believes that Ukraine may have evidence that as VP, Biden pressued Ukraine to help his son avoid prosecution for possible crimes. What crimes? They don't know, but they want an investigation to uncover any.

They want an investigation so that they can invent all sorts of stuff that this investigation means. Look at Benghazi. They don't hope for crimes. They need an opportunity to invent some.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania

giphy-downsized-large.gif

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017

Rudy is Trump's personal lawyer, which is a blatant conflict of interests. Its just another the GOP won't hold him accountable for.

Oct 27, 2017
From the transcript
CAUTION: A Memorandum of a Telephone Conversation.· (TELCON) is not a verbatim transcript of a discussion. The text in this document records the notes and recollections of Situation Room Duty "Officers and-NSC policy staff assigned to listen and memorialize the conversation in written form as the conversation takes place. A number of factors can affect 'the accuracy of the record, including poor telecommunications connections and variations in accent and/or interpretation. The word "inaudible" is used to indifate portions of a conversation that the notetaker was unable to hear.

so I guess this admittedly isn't very reliable

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Ironically, people are responding to the troll with convincing arguments and solid evidence. It's probably made this thread more informative to the random reader with incomplete knowledge.

I think trolling only works when it lowers the discourse through volume and generates circular arguments and frustrations. There aren't enough trolls here, this story is arrow-straight, no one's getting frustrated.

I genuinely don't think that person was trolling... Why does this happen so often on forums? I think the guy was seriously asking what the crime was. Some people aren't 100% informed on this stuff. I would imagine to the average person, they don't really understand the gravity of what is in this "transcript"

ivantod

Oct 27, 2017

Ahahaha I love it when people are being optimistic about being able to recall an email... I still remember back when I was working at a place that used Outlook for email and it just pops up the dialogue "SoAndSo would like to recall this email, Yes/No" and you can just click on No and keep it lol.

Apart from that, nothing would give me more pleasure than if that asshole Barr also gets caught up in this.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
I really don't think that's it but something happened. The man went from being a never-Trumper to being a Trump-asslicker in the span of 24 hours and just after a mysterious golf outing with Trump.
The obvious answer is that he just likes access. He'll do anything for it.

There's a really revealing interview where the interviewer just straight up asks him why he changed and his answer is basically "He's the president, so I want to be the guy the president counts on."

Here's the original but you need an account: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/25/magazine/lindsey-graham-what-happened-trump.html

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
LMFAO, oh, wow.

First with him & Rudy Giuliani admitting to it on National TV, then with Trump himself revealing this transcript.

He's dumb as a brick. Trump is his own worst enemy.

ultracal31

Oct 25, 2017
i saw on cnn that trump is supposed to meet the Ukraine president today at 2:15 pm est

Trump: now I want you to tell the fake news that I didn't say quip pro pro

Ukraine president: um...you didn't say quip pro pro which isn't even a term or saying?

Trump: see? Fake news again people

UP: you did ask us about Biden though

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ahahaha I love it when people are being optimistic about being able to recall an email... I still remember back when I was working at a place that used Outlook for email and it just pops up the dialogue "SoAndSo would like to recall this email, Yes/No" and you can just click on No and keep it lol.

Apart from that, nothing would give me more pleasure than if that asshole Barr also gets caught up in this.

I would ignore 99% of those emails but 100% of people read 100% of "recalled" emails.

May as well call it Streisand Effect Mode.

Contramann

Oct 27, 2017
Like you said he's just a lawyer. Meaning it's pretty hard to defend the whole affair considering how much Rudy looks like he was going to be involved.

So how the fuck does Trump give Rudy the power to assist in some international investigation ahead of the DoJ?
He really can't, which is what makes this even worse.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
There was quid pro quo Adam. He just didn't use those exact words.
If you watched the conference he did, he clearly said there was quid pro quo. This was a response to a reporter that asked him to respond to this Republican talking point and he was like, yes there was, but, even if it wasn't directly stated...

Schiff did a fantastic job at explaining why this is bad. I hope he becomes the front speaker on this at least for now.

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So how the fuck does Trump give Rudy the power to assist in some international investigation ahead of the DoJ?

He's a fucking dumbass surrounded by fucking dumbasses. I don't think anyone in his orbit has a clue about anything. Barr pushed for this memo that links him to all this mess to be released over objections by Pompeo. It's just.... a bunch of dumfucks walking into walls I guess.