• The Last of Us: part 2

Votes: 346 25.4%
  • Final Fantasy VII remake

Votes: 307 22.6%
  • I will get both at launch

Votes: 708 52.0%

• Total voters
Oct 27, 2017
Both for sure. The Last of Us and FFVII are my joint favourite game of all time and respectively TLoU2 and FFVII:RE are the most I've anticipated game releases in years.

Deleted member 38050

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Last of Us 2 looks like a miserable and violent slog and I'm at a point in my life now where I just can't bring myself to be interested in stuff like that. I also thought that gameplay-wise the first game was utter shit. So I'll skip it altogether and have a fun time with FF7 instead.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Well, we'll lhave 10 days to finish TLOU2 before FFVII release. That's "plenty" of time to finish the story.

And most of us already know the story of FFVII, so there's less urgency i'd say.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
No sneering intended but I'd rather just wait for all of the FF7 remakes to be done then get them all. Added bonus the first part (s) will be hella cheap. If they ever get around to doing all of the story.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
A remake as well as a sequel to two of my favorite games of all time? They're both already preordered.

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
Last of Us 2 is a day one buy.

I'm not sure about FFVII-R. The original is probably my favourite game of all time but I'm not sure I like how the gameplay looks in the remake. It sure it beautiful to look at though.

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
Both, 2 of the highest profile games this gen that look amazing. Predicting a mid-high 90s Meta score for TLOU2 and low 90s for FF7R.

Both will get outsold by Cyberpunk anyway, individually.
Are you serious? TLOU2 has the potential to outsell Cyberpunk on all platforms combined, we're talking +20M sales here, Cyberpunk is a new IP, it's not Witcher 4.

If I had to pick one, I would kick FFVII off a cliff immediately.
Thats not what the OP asked.

Gure

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Both. I'll finish the single-player campaign in TLoU2 then jump into FFVII: REMAKE, platinum it and go back into multi for TLoU2.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Both if I can manage to find four cheap (10.-) games to trade-in at GameStop. Probably none if I can't ;(

Oct 25, 2017
The GOAT of us, obviously. FF7 looks amazing, but tbh I think I'd rather just wait for all of it to be out before playing. If it was complete I'd be buying both though.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
There's no way I can afford both at launch and it's killing me. It's a really tough choice but I'll go with TLOU.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Both.

2 of the biggest games this gen and both look to be high quality. Also perhaps the gens swan songs. It's going to be a blast.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Not super interested in TLoU2. Will wait for the remaster on next gen I think.

FF7R is day 1.

Nov 15, 2017
I got about 8 hours into the first Last of US then didn't play it again. I bought the HD version about a year ago and have been meaning to give it a proper try. Presumably they is no point touching the 2nd one til I've played the first.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Both.

FFVIIR is my most anticipated game, and TLOU is a close second.
I know that if i wait i will get spoiled on basically everything.

So i will have 10 days to rush through it lol

Arion

Oct 26, 2017
FF7 can wait since there is no fear of story spoilers. These days the main reason I buy or watch anything day one is to avoid getting spoiled. Kinda like getting a spoiler vaccination.

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
I never played FF7, but apparently this remake only covers a portion of the original, so I think I can wait.
TLOU2... I did not like the first one at all but I want to try this second title and hopefully, like it.

Night Hunter

Dec 5, 2017
I'll get TLoU Part II at launch and wait for an update on Remake Part 2 before jumping into FFVII. Especially because I liked the stuff right after Midgard a lot more than Midgard itself.

God I hope XVI goes back to a fantasy look.