• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I've got about 8 days off for Christmas so I'm gonna try and smash through a few games before year's end. My priorities are:

Shenmue 3 (about half-way through already)
Pokemon Sword and Shield
Astral Chain
Asgard's Wrath
Resident Evil 2
maybe Control if I find time

you lot?

Sadnarav

Nov 6, 2019
I'll never get throw it all but:
  • Draugen - 3h
  • Telling Lies - 04~08h
  • Eliza - 07h
  • A Plague Tale: Innocence - 12h
  • Control - 10~18h
  • Outer Wilds - 16h
  • Heaven's Vault - 20h
  • Pathologic 2 - 16~40h
  • The Sinking City - 19~24h
  • Sunless Skies - 32~60h
  • We Met in May - 30m
  • A Short Hike - 2h
  • Stillness of the Wind - 3h
  • Neo Cab - 4h
  • Islanders - 4h
  • Hypnospace Outlaw - 08h
  • Yuppie Psycho - 10h
  • Resident Evil 2 - 10h
  • Remnant: From the Ashes - 14~20h
  • Bloodstained - 13~19h
  • Streets of Rogue - 12~20h
  • Wattam - 17/12

Denzos

Jun 27, 2018
Dark Souls 3 (just gotta finish the last 2 bosses on DLC and final boxx)
Bloodborne (Orphan and final boss left)

Basically the bosses left lol

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Death Stranding and Monster Hunter World (PC).

I'm nearly done with Death Stranding, so I'm pretty confident I'll finish it before the 19th and in MHW I'm past Nergigante and have three monsters left, so not much to do there before I'll jump in with my mates to play Iceborne.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Days Gone. I started two days ago. Really tough for me to want to keep playing. It's often janky, glitchy with how zombies fall through surfaces, don't see you in front of them, or interact with other enemies, and it takes forever to load. Those are just the things that bother me off the top of my head. There's a pacing issue with this game where it doesn't propel me forward and I feel like I'm making no advancement. It's not refined and could've used more time in the oven.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Kingdom hearts 2 final mix (PS4)
Sly 3 (PS3)
The Legend Of Heroes Trails in the Sky FC (Steam/PC)
Fire Emblem Echoes (3DS)

Kh2 first before the rest

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Life is Strange 2

Started all over again this week and looking to finish all of it by next week

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
Working on a Platinum for Sekiro now. Really glad I stuck with it after the growing pains of the beginning of the game. On NG+ and it feels like a brand new game with all my skills and abilities.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Pokémon Sword and Luigi's Mansion.

I've had Dragon Quest XI S on the back burner for a while, but I doubt it's realistic I finish this year even if I make it my main focus.

OP
OP
shaneo632

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Days Gone. I started two days ago. Really tough for me to want to keep playing. It's often janky, glitchy with how zombies fall through surfaces, don't see you in front of them, or interact with other enemies, and it takes forever to load. Those are just the things that bother me off the top of my head. There's a pacing issue with this game where it doesn't propel me forward and I feel like I'm making no advancement. It's not refined and could've used more time in the oven.

Yeah I tapped out after 5 hours. That was enough for me.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
I've got Astral Chain and Luigi's Mansion 3 both around 40% complete, so I'll go for one of those (probably the latter, I see all these estimates of Astral Chain being ~15-20 hours but it feels like it would take me double that).

Amusingly I'm almost more focused on my plans for early 2020, was already planning an RE3 replay but now I'm going to be doing it much earlier than expected. Also been wanting to do a run through classic Shining Force (1, 2, Gaiden 1, 2, and 3), beaten all of them besides Final Conflict but I want to revisit the series in general.

Apr 24, 2018
Splasher and Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Been super busy and agitated with work lately and haven't felt like playing much on the weekends.

Doggg

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 17, 2017
Fire Emblem: Three Houses. I'm playing the final story line for me on maddening dfficulty. I'm glad I'm playing this story line last, as it seems the most interesting and maybe "canonical." I'm kind of surprised, though -- maddening seemed to live up to its name at first, but it feels like I've reached a point where the game isn't really that challenging anymore.

Last edited:

the lizard

Nov 1, 2017
Took a big ol' detour from all my other gaming/backlog-related plans to resubscribe to FFXIV in hopes of beating Shadowbringers. Haven't played since ARR post-game patch content, so I've had to play through HW and SB to get there... almost there now. Hoping to finish by the end of the year.

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Luigi's Mansion 3, which is fantastic so far. Should wrap that up tonight or tomorrow, and then will see how much Disco Elysium I can get through before going away on vacation

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
The end of the year is tricky for games since I'll be away from home for most of that. I'd definitely like to beat Smash Ultimate before the end though.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Axiom Verge, Monster Boy and Bloodstained RotN, which I should finish today.

KraytarJ

Nov 14, 2017
Link's Awakening (nearly done)
Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair
Resident Evil 2
Afterparty

Ideally also Death Stranding but that seems a bit ambitious at this point.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order

No rush to complete Outer Worlds though. Its perfect for when you got nothing to play.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Death Stranding's the only thing I've got any plans of trying to finish before year's end.

Jun 23, 2019
Ugh quite a few:

PS4

- Medievil
- Man of Medan
- Indivisible
- Judgement
- Dragon Quest XI

Switch

- Pokemon Sword
- DK Tropical Freeze
- Dragonball Heroes

BabyShams

Nov 7, 2017
Just finished Greedfall and Fallen Order last weekend.

I want to clean up Ys 8 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider before the end of the year.

Then 2020 will finally be the year I finish Trails in the Sky... yep... finally...

rewkol

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
No chance in hell of actually pulling it off, but I have 3 games I'm currently playing that I would like to beat soon:
-Daggerfall
-Pokemon Shield
-Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Golden Deer route

Seeing as I'm only halfway through the main quest of Daggerfall, and similar distances into the other two, I think I will still be going into January at this rate.

balgajo

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Probably only Disco Elysium if it's good enough fir my tastes. I was planning to play rdr2 but someone made a thread on Era about this game and I was really interested.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I'm never gonna get anything done at this point but Control was the last one I wanted to get finished before the end of the year. I'm just playing Borderlands 3 at a super leisurely pace and waiting to see what the winter sales are to catch up next year.

Adder7806

Dec 16, 2018
Just Red Dead 2. But I won't make it. Been trying for over a year. What's weird is I enjoy it while I'm playing it but have a hard time just starting it up.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Resident Evil 7 - so I can finish the entire numbered series this year!

Outer Wilds - The only major GOTY contender I haven't really played, other than Fire Emblem (which I know I will not like).

Zassimick

Nov 6, 2017
I have 5. Trying to get to 40 games beaten for the year. I'm at 35. Figure this is a good list for my availability to play. Might exceed it with ease because some of them are pretty short, but would rather accomplish with ease than strain to finish.
  • GRIS
  • To the Moon
  • Control
  • Asura's Wrath (plus DLC)
  • Sayonara Wild Hearts

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Nothing really. I want to make sure I get the MP trophies done in Driveclub before I can no longer do them, I am forcing myself to get through Hollow Knight as well, but I doubt I finish it before the end of the year. Kind of in a don't want to play much mood the last month or so.