• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which one should come back?

• Resistence

Votes: 213 41.3%
  • SOCOM

Votes: 132 25.6%
  • Killzone

Votes: 171 33.1%

• Total voters

Chippewa Barr

Powered by Friendshipâ„¢
Aug 8, 2020
I came stealthily in here to make sure SOCOM was a poll option, voted for it, and then extracted.

No one saw a thing 🪖

CosmicGP

"This guy are sick"
Oct 28, 2017
None of them, but if I was forced to pick it's Killzone. I think the setting and lore is just sufficiently unique and yet familiar to cod.

Not done by Guerilla though, let them stick with Horizon and find another dev that's good at shooters to do it.

Apr 29, 2022
Neither?

This comparison always seems to forget that COD is what it is due to the cash it brings in. It is a juggernaut, plain and simple. Quality is subjective, but they usually deliver on thier top spot.

Saleswise? Sony could make a new one for all 3 and it would still sell maybe half of what COD makes.

Jan 4, 2018
Bring back Resistance !

But something gritty like Fall of Man. It had the best vibes of the series.

View: https://youtu.be/1azn7bMKdvg
175-1753490_resistance-fall-of-man-resistance-fall-of-man.jpg

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
I voted Resistance.

But the idea that any of these, or any other game series, could compete with Call of Duty is absurd. They're not going to sell 15+ million units a year + DLC + a successful F2P offering.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Whenever Sony says they need COD I just think of SOCOM. They had the big console military shooter before it was a thing and during its rise so that one first. Second and to a lesser extent with stuff like PUBG, MAG. They could create a new iteration of SOCOM with some Unit 13 story mode and it would do well.

When Sony says they need Call of Duty, they aren't saying they need a military shooter. They're saying they need a game that can sell minimum of 15 million copies a year.

SOCOM isn't going to come anywhere close to that.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
They should remake Resistance 1 and remaster the rest (include mp with the coop from 2). I always liked the concept of those games but never really cared for the execution of them.

Runner up I'd say bring back Socom. I'm not really into military shooter games, but I enjoyed my time with bits and parts of the super flawed Socom 4. I thought it was cool that you could give your squad orders in story mode, but they were unfortunately dumb as bricks on the harder difficulty. I also enjoyed the stealthy missions more than the core shooting ones.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Probably Killzone as I feel it's sufficiently different in feel from other FPS' that it'd be a genuine alternative.

Igorth

Nov 13, 2017
Insomniac must be really busy right now so probably Killzone, its my favorite pick also

Menchin

Apr 1, 2019
Resistance had the coolest premise but it was limited by the trends of the time, so I voted that

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
They'd be stupid to revive any of them but it says a lot that the best one is currently polling last.