• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which one should come back?

• Resistence

Votes: 213 41.3%
  • SOCOM

Votes: 132 25.6%
  • Killzone

Votes: 171 33.1%

• Total voters

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Resistance 1 remake, purely because its the only franchise I know of with a level set in Bracknell.

It was a dark dingy hole of a level.

So it captured the spirit of Bracknell.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
They had something with Resistance from a story perspective. The 1950s taken over by aliens? I loved the idea. Lets revive it and give it a bit more. Hell, even take it further, make it the 20s or 30s or something. They can pull it off. Imagine a new Resistance with an old radio station playing like a Fallout game, imagine if the story's good, imagine if you cared about the characters.

Man they really had something.

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
When you said "shooter" I immediately thought Omega Boost. I'm sticking with it being the one to revive.

Randy Savage

Banned
Feb 6, 2023
All of these are kind of mid but I'd be down for a socom battle royale. I've always wanted a more tactical br game. The closest we have is pubg but I can't stand playing that anymore and I'd like to see a AAA studio take a shot at it. I was thinking ghost recon should do it but socom could actually work.

Buzzkiller_20

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Killzone Vs. Resistance. A crossover you didn't see coming. And 100% Canon. Would be pretty cool me thinks.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
I'd love a PS4 or 5 collection of both Resistance and Killzone. Pity most are stuck on PS3.

Ikon

Oct 26, 2017
Hard to choose, I would love to see something build on the multiplayer of Killzone 2, but I also really want to see a game continue the story where Resistance 3 left off.

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Voted for Resistance but would be extremely happy with Killzone.

Socom had its time but the industry is beyond that sort of "rah rah America!" type of realistic shooter.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
Killzone 2's multiplayer is one of my favorite memories of the PS3 generation and I hate that no one learned from it with multiple shifting objectives throughout a match. The classes were fun to play too.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
Killzone 2's multiplayer is one of my favorite memories of the PS3 generation and I hate that no one learned from it with multiple shifting objectives throughout a match. The classes were fun to play too.

That game seriously ruled.

Give us another Killzone like that. It's really very good.

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
Killzone 2 ruled. So Killzone.

Great dark aesthetic, iconography, and cool sounds. Loved the way the grenades, shotgun, and all the weapons looked.

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
I never cared for any of those games but a new Resistance would grab my attention more than Killzone or SOCOM.

Oct 27, 2017
Resistance. Lean into the horror and bring back 8 player co op. Hell just give us remasters:/ Sony were cooking that green.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Resistance has the most appeal in its premise to me. I'd like to see the series revived under current hardware and storytelling conventions.

Trey2Deebo

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2022
I miss SOCOM 2. That was the most fun I've ever had online gaming. If they could bring it back with a remake, that would be awesome.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
There's been too much time passed since a Resistance game, and I really think it could have some potential for a reboot if not a BluePoint style remaster.

EDIT: I meant in comparison to Killzone. Shadow Fall has still been lingering a bit esp with a lot of people only just now experiencing it. Resistance is something, as others here have said, that a lot of people missed the boat on and can't play now without a potentially subpar streaming experience.

Xeonidus

ā€œFuck them kids.ā€
Oct 28, 2017
That was one one of the most fun multiplayer modes. Kept you on your toes. I wish CoD had a mode similar to it.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Killzone 2's MP where the game mode changed each round fucking ruled and I can't believe no one else has done it since

It's been long enough to wash away the stink of Shadowfall

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
None. Do something new I suppose but I don't think I've ever been impressed with a Sony FPS so I'm not bothered if they wouldn't. But of course they will and they should.

Oct 25, 2017
1. Socom
2. Syphon Filter
3. Warhawk
4. MAG

Killzone
Resistance

Killzone & Resistance are both examples of their main sequels fucking up the story so bad it killed the franchise for me,
they also both have PSP spinoffs far better than most games in their franchise.

KamenSenshi

Nov 27, 2017
Whenever Sony says they need COD I just think of SOCOM. They had the big console military shooter before it was a thing and during its rise so that one first. Second and to a lesser extent with stuff like PUBG, MAG. They could create a new iteration of SOCOM with some Unit 13 story mode and it would do well.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Resistance but better designed, and not goofy like 2. Never played 3 but people said it was very good. I found 1 very boring, 2 was a bit better but a mess and super silly.

Killzone would also be good but I prefer the alien element of Resistance.

hydruxo

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 25, 2017
SOCOM has so much potential as a tactical MP shooter like R6 Siege. I'm surprised Sony hasn't tried to revive it tbh.

Oct 25, 2017
SOCOM has so much potential as a tactical MP shooter like R6 Siege. I'm surprised Sony hasn't tried to revive it tbh.
Hell they were already on the right track with Confrontation the execution just killed its GAAS model almost immediately since the DLC got delayed like a year to fix the actual game.

Now with R6 showing an even better more sustainable model they really should look to that.

COD in 3rd person just makes me miss Socom even more

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=339FCHxThbo

Last edited: