Oct 27, 2017
Nottingham, UK
Also, if anyone hasn't played or heard of Jungle Speed, get yourself a set.

Just watch your knuckles and any delicate glasses/windows/mirrors near where you are playing haha

s15152_1024x1024.jpg

Obi

Oct 27, 2017
Been seeing Carcassonne mentioned a lot. It's my all time favorite too. My best friend has all the expansions so we use his set, but I've been wanting to complete my own copy. Having a bit of trouble though. The Inns and Cathedrals set has been sold out everywhere. Anybody know what's up with that? I need my big meeples yo.

Apoplectoad

Mar 15, 2019
I've got a crippling warhammer addiction, so that, and well...warhammer underworlds is probably my favorite tabletop game ever. I also love mansions of madness and gloomhaven, they're the first games that I've ever played that could be described at atmospheric. I'm like chomping at the bit for Age of Sigmar: War Cry, it looks amazing.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Probably Dominion + Expansions overall. With the expansions especially it really feels like every single time you play it you are playing a different game because of the ways the cards interact with each other. Like sometimes you just have a ton of attack cards, or sometimes a ton of cards that give you a lot of money, or sometimes you're just constantly racking up VP. It's the one game that I never really get sick of. I have been really into/craving a lot of Terraforming Mars lately, so if you ask me right now, "If you could go home and play one table top game right now", it would probably be that one.

Other favorites include; Castles of Bergundy, Takenoko, Jaipur, Terra Mystica, Splendor, Grand Austria Hotel, Le Havre, Patchwork...basically all the Uwe Rosenberg games, and fuck it, Jenga still great.

EmptyWarren

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I like Lord of the Rings The Card Game a lot. Mostly because it is a game I can play solo and just have fun journeys on Middle Earth. ALSO, Journeys in Middle Earth is a game that just came out and is super fun.
pic4530974.jpg

Blood Bowl Team Manager is an absolute blast to play as well.
pic1222746.jpg

And then there is the GOAT. The time eater, the relationship ruiner, the cardboard anger aneurism: TALISMAN.

talisman.jpg

My absolute favorite board game. And with the expansions it just gets better and better. Never sleep on it if you have the chance to get it.

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Cards against humanity. Not only is playing in hostels a good ice breaker but playing with people with limited English added something extra to it, one poor girl said she knew what dick was before asking "but what's a Cheney"?

One game back home was so funny in spawned several injokes that are still with us over a year after we played, probably the most I've laughed since I was a kid that night.

Oct 25, 2017
Euchre, easily. Although it seems like the only people who know how to play are from Indiana or have known people from Indiana who taught them.
I learned it in eastern Iowa and love it too. I've heard it described as "Bridge for Idiots," and I actually kind of love it for that, there's strategy, but not so much that you have to get a degree in the game to understand it.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Are you me? When I play with my family they often have to place goalposts to make sure I don't steal terrains on the last turn, don't make their cities unfinishable or I don't take their points away by connecting 2 men into a town to close it myself. Like I can not do these things in my family anymore because of the excessive amount of salt that comes out of it, and then I get pissed off myself when they do it though, after which I turn my fuckery up +200% and do my best to have more points in any way, be that earning 'em myself or simply denying it from others. The expansion packs in that are helpful, because one of 'em adds a city block that makes the town worth +50% if it's closed but a whopping 0 if it isn't finished. Guess who loves to add that block to enormous cities someone else is building with only few turns left... lmao.
My wife doesn't want to play anymore. The dragon expansion lets you 'eat' men, amazing too fuck with players too

Deleted member 49179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
There have been so many swears in my house, lol. I am a really vile player in Carcasonne. Nabbing territory is one thing, making a big city unfinishable by placing an adjacent tile with roads is another.

Best thing is when you take over a field without the others realising at first. Few times a friend started counting 'his' points only for me to go 'dude, no.'
Are you me? When I play with my family they often have to place goalposts to make sure I don't steal terrains on the last turn, don't make their cities unfinishable or I don't take their points away by connecting 2 men into a town to close it myself. Like I can not do these things in my family anymore because of the excessive amount of salt that comes out of it, and then I get pissed off myself when they do it though, after which I turn my fuckery up +200% and do my best to have more points in any way, be that earning 'em myself or simply denying it from others. The expansion packs in that are helpful, because one of 'em adds a city block that makes the town worth +50% if it's closed but a whopping 0 if it isn't finished. Guess who loves to add that block to enormous cities someone else is building with only few turns left... lmao.
My wife doesn't want to play anymore. The dragon expansion lets you 'eat' men, amazing too fuck with players too

Aggressive Carcassonne is best Carcassonne!

I usually play with only two expansions: Inns and Cathedrals, and Traders and Builders (sometimes I also throw the River in there). When somebody is working towards a huge city that happens to have a Cathedral in it, you can be sure I'll try to either steal it, or make sure the other player is never able to close it.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
If you can even count it as a "board game"... but Gloomhaven has already been entertaining us for over 300h or so.

GestaltGaz

Oct 28, 2017
pic4048433.jpg
Spirit Island lately. Each game is so different based on the character you play and the combinations you can have with the team.

But the best times have definitely been with Battlestar Galactica. Having someone actively work against you and the suspicions and betrayals are tense. One player is a cylon and tries to sabotage the team, only they are anonymous. They shrug it off as bad luck or the fact that they aren't good at the game, by the end you are locking up random people in the brig and can't trust anybody.
images

leafcutter

Feb 14, 2018
81PEGmf8V4L._SL1500_.jpg

51CGR%2Bty83L._SX466_.jpg

PLDDOW01.jpg

Three very different games, but probably the ones I've had the most fun with in the past few years. Dead of winter is super difficult but really fun and engrossing. Boss monster is a little lighter but there's still a lot of depth. Epic spell wars is a beer and pretzels game.

Outside of ttrpgs these are what my gaming group plays the most.