• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 24, 2019
I love these recent Resident Evil remakes and I honestly wouldn't mind seeing more of them. Personally I would be open to any and all games they want to remake. However, I understand that sentiment is probably pretty split on this topic.

Some people think it would be stupid to remake 1 again, and that it still holds up extremely well.

Some people think 4 shouldn't be touched because it still holds up and a remake could only ruin parts of what's special about it.

Some people think 5&6 shouldn't get remakes because they're the black sheep of the franchise and couldn't be salvaged even if they were remade.

Some people think 0 & Code Veronica are too inconsequential/mediocre to waste the time and resources to remake them.

So where is your personal line? Which REmakes should and shouldn't be made and why? When would Capcom cross the line from doing awesome restorations/reinventions into lazy cash-grab territory for you?

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Code Veronica is definitely not inconsequential in the least. It's a great game with tons of potential for a remake.

Code Veronica deserved a remake more than 1 & 2 did. That's the whole point of a remake, to take what's good and make it even better.

Code Veronica and 4 is what is worth remaking and then move on.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
Code Veronica and then stop.

0 is trash anyway and I wouldn't want to replay it in any form.

REmake is fine as is, and so is 4.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
RE3.

RE4 onward are already 3D and don't need full remakes.

RE2 and 3 were the only one's without recent versions. Even Code: Veronica has a MT Framework based version and is a 3D game which can be easier to remaster than fully remade.

DGenerator

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto, ON, Canada
People still lie to themselves about how the movement in RE2 + RE3 is horrendous and not gameplay design in touch with the survival horror elements of thigh corridors and precise movements required, so I think RE3 should be the last mainline entry.

Give me Outbreak remakes, tho.

Oct 25, 2017
As long as they respect the game's intent, I'm fine with any remakes.

What would be a bummer to me would be to see RE5 Remake being more grounded, without over the top Wesker, focused on horror and with low enemy variety. That would be trash.

The story of RE really isn't that special to be worth remaking while not keeping a single design aspect. If they just want to make a new horror game with the awful RE Engine Chris, just do that instead, and call it RE8.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
After Code Veronica I think we are good for a while. Everything else is available on modern systems in about as good a format as one could hope for.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I don't think they should remake Resident Evil 4 or anything that followed.

I'd be fine if Code Veronica was the last one. But I don't think Resident Evil 4 should be touched at all. Very rare does this industry see a game as nearly perfect as that one.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Keep on going. I'd love to see them radically reinvent classics like RE4, it's one of my favorite games of all time but the original isn't going anywhere. Giving it more of a proper survival horror vibe would be neat imo.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Let's do an RE7 style remake of the original (IN VR!) and an RE2 style remake of CVX and RE4 and call it.

At least for now.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
I hope 4 gets a remake where you can move whilst aiming like the RE2 remake. I know the original is made with the restriction of being able to move OR aim, but it just doesn't feel good to me.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
RE 0 - Definitely needs to be redone. The partner system just doesn't work. It is also a test balloon for...

RE 1 RE - Mayyybe? If 0 works out, 1 could be done too.

RE 4 - Basically pull a Shadow of the Colossus here and make it more or less beat for beat.

RE 5 - Make it better

RE 6 - Scrap the whole damn thing and try again.

CV - I do love Claire and all but... ugh, Steve... and ugh, the Alexio twins...

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Code Veronica. There are cool ideas in there that would shine in a more accessible AAA remake. It would also allow us to see Wesker at least one more time, and could feature nice brother-sister scenes between Chris and Claire.

ggdeku

Oct 26, 2017
Not until they give us REmake style versions of 2 and 3 with tank controls like god intended.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Assuming they're developing a remake, a new numbered title, and maybe another Revelations, I would hope the remakes stop at either Code Veronica X or if they really want to, 0 and REmake.

Once the remakes are out of the way, I would want more games that take place in the past, similar to RE0. They can continue with RE8/9/10 going into the future but I'd love to continuously explore other stories in the 90s and 80s. I see no reason why they can't make new games that take place during this time.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Resident Evil 5, as much as I love Wesker in that game, it really makes me feel queasy when you go through a swamp with Africans throwing spears at you. It was bad then, and somehow got worse over time.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
With RE5. So much potential, not enough delivery.

RE6 is not even worth remaking, let it rot in a pit.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
RE4 doesn't need a full remake. Just a graphics overhaul would be fine. It's damn near perfect gameplay-wise.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Remake Outbreak and Code Veronica. I don't think the rest need them. RE4 is still fun to play, same goes for RE5. RE6 sucks and nobody wants that or RE0 for that matter. RE1 already has had enough re-releases/a remake.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
I rather them move on after this one and put their efforts into bringing back other IP's developed in RE Engine (Onimusha, Dino Crisis) much more exciting.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Code: Veronica could really use it.

And I think I would stop there. REmake is perfect as it is, no need to "remake the remake" (as Jeff Gerstmann might say). RE0 is a bad game and I wouldn't bother with remaking it to try and make it good, I would just make something else entirely. RE4 holds up really well and I don't really see the need for a full-blown remake.

ErichWK

Oct 25, 2017
Sandy Eggo
I think Code Veronica should be the last one they remake. 4 still holds up. Code Veronica....could use some work and rewriting, haha

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
Remaking RE4 would be pointless. A version with spruced up graphics is all they need to do. REmake is already perfect. CV is not worth bothering with.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Code Veronica next is absolutely mandatory. Beyond that... I dunno. I think 4 could be really good using this engine and style. Past that, things start getting shaky for me pretty fast.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
After RE 1, CV, and then finish with 4.

I don't mind the remakes. I know Cap is also working on RE8 at the sametime.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
They are doing REmake 4 and people are going to buy the shit out of it next gen. Anything after that is anyone's guess. I would love to see a Devil May Cry 1 Remake though that modernizes the gameplay and also adds Lady in some way to the story

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RE4, get rid of stupid crap like giant robot statues, fix the dogshit balance the game has that makes Leon have near infinite ammo and healing, fix the awful cheese script and one liners that only a 10 year old should find cool, cut out half the castle and island levels. Ditch stupid flips and stuff that not realistic at all. Give Ada a different name since it was just a false name that her RE3 epilogue say goodbye to.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RE 4 on PS5 / Scarlett would be incredible, and a perfect place to stop. No need to ever talk about RE5 or RE6 again,