• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EvilDead1987

Nov 4, 2021
South Eastern PA
Lovely topic OP

1. NES - My mom bought this for me on Christmas in 1991. The SNES was already out and she bought the cheaper console to see if I would like gaming
  2. SNES - Received this a few years later for Christmas as well. There's a great story here. My neighbor dressed as Santa and said the present fell off his sleigh, so he hand delivered it to my grandparents house where I was staying at the time.
  3. Gameboy - Loved this little system. Got it a few years after it came out and played it all the way into the 2000's
  4. Game Gear - Liked this one, but let a "friend" borrow it and he sold it behind my back. Got another one though
  5. Genesis - Got this at a flea market and it came with three games (Sonic 1 & 2 and some Taz game, which was awful). Those games plus Mortal Kombat 3 Ultimate were the only games I had with the system.
  6. PC - Obviously not a console, but still count it as our families first PC. My hated for PC gaming started here lol
  7. N64 - Oh the memories... I plan on making a thread about memories and I'll share it there
  8. Gameboy Color -Probably the least used system I own. But the screen is busted on it so can't use it now anyway
  9. PS1 - One of my favorites. Shaped what kind of games I enjoy in my adulthood
  10. Dreamcast - I got this refurbished like a few months after the system came out. Had a blast with it. Sad that it essentially killed Sega in the console business
  11. PS2 - My mom got this for me on my birthday. She put it on layaway because it was still very hard to buy one at the time. I had no games for it until the summer (My birthday is in February)
  12. Xbox - Liked this system a lot. Rented so many games for this console. Had a decent collection of games too
  13. Gameboy Advance - Much like the GB Color, Didn't play it too much
  14. GameCube - Only had like 4 games for the console. One of my dark spots for Nintendo consoles
  15. Xbox 360 - My first system I bought myself. My life didn't suck back then, so I look to this time with lots of good feelings
  16. PSP - I'm not a handheld person. Much like the others, didn't play it too much
  17. PS3 - I bought this myself when it was still new. So yes, I spent $600 on a console. Ended up being my favorite of the bunch that generation so it worked out great
  18. Wii - Loved a lot of the games, hated the motion controls
  19. DS - Got a lot of use out of this at work. Played Animal Crossing with some friends/coworkers
  20. Wii U - Oh boy... I hated the controller, but loved the Mii Verse. Seeing all those cool drawings were great. Had some good games too
  21. PS4 - One of my favorite consoles ever. Fantastic games for it
  22. Switch - One of my favorite Nintendo consoles. This was the last console I received from my mom. It holds a special place in my heart.
  23. PS5 - My current obsession. Love this console so far and was the last console I bought myself before my mother passed away. It was only about a month from buying this to burying my mom. Didn't get to show her the cool ass Dualsense.

Really enjoyed writing this. I've been working on a post myself about games, so I'll get to work and finish it soon.

ThePunisher

Oct 27, 2017
Gona include household consoles.
1. NES - don't remember when this was purchased but i remember playing the games; either before i was born or really, really young.
2. SNES - deff remember going to toys r us to get this one.
3. Genesis - can't remember this purchase, so might have been before the SNES. Sega channel was awesome and really enjoyed it.
4. Sega CD - don't remember this purchase either, but it was a thing.
5. N64 - firsts game was KI Gold, but regret soon followed and we returned it and got Mario 64.
6. PlayStation
7. PlayStation 2
8. Game Cube
9. Xbox
10. Xbox 360
11. Xbox one
12. PlayStation 4
13. Xbox One X
14. Xbox Series X

Arthoneceron

Oct 27, 2017
Minas Gerais, Brazil
Master System
Super Nintendo
Playstation 1
Nintendo 64
Playstation 2
Xbox 360
Wii
PS3 - Late lifecycle, also my last PS console.
Wii U
PC (My first PC game - GTX 980)
Xbox One
PS4 - my girlfriend one
Nintendo Switch
PC (My second PC game - RTX 3090)

My next one probably will be Series X.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
  1. Gamecube around 2003
  2. PS2 Slim around 2004
  3. Xbox 360 in 2006
  4. PS3 in 2007
  5. PS4 in 2014
  6. Xbox One in 2015
  7. Wii U in 2017
  8. Switch in 2017
  9. Xbox One X in 2018
  10. Xbox Series X in 2020
  11. PS5 in 2021

Some consoles i got on like impulse for to play like one game like Wii U for BoTW lol, because it was cheaper and seemed like a better deal than a switch at launch. One X i got for RDR 2 launch since it was the best console for the game... and then also used it a bunch for gamepass.

Gamecube was my first console because i wanted to play MGS Twin Snakes. I didnt have any consoles during childhood since my parents thought they were useless things only used to play games on. With a PC you can at least do spreadsheets and play games on, so shared a decent pentium PC with my brother growing up.

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
GB (one for me and one for my brother)
Co-own N64 with my brother
GCN
Nintendo DS
Wii (sold off to brother)
[THE PC YEARS]
Xbox Series X

TheKid

Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area
Nes
Snes
gameboy pocket
Gameboy color
n64
Ps1
Ps2
GameCube
Ds
Ds lite
Dsi
Wii
Xbox 360
Ps3
Pc
Dreamcast
Ps4
Xbox one
Xbox series x

Euan_1981

Apr 23, 2018
Atari 2600
Amiga 500
Gameboy
Megadrive
N64
PlayStation
PlayStation 2
GameCube
Xbox
Xbox360
PS3
Vita
PS4
Switch
Ps5

YoungGunsII

Banned
Apr 23, 2019
Denmark
1) OG GameBoy
2) PlayStation
3) PS2
4) Xbox 360
5) PS4
6) PS4 Pro
7) Xbox One X
8) Xbox Series X
9) Xbox Series S

I also had a PS5 for a very short time. But I regretted buying it, so I sold it again for a small profit.

MortIIs

Oct 27, 2017
ZX Spectrum
PC
SNES
PC
Play 1
Dreamcast
PC
GBA
GameCube
Wii
Xbox 360
PS3
PSP
WiiU
PS4
Switch

Blairbat

Oct 29, 2017
Sacramento, California
Dreamcast when I wasss 6
Nintendo 64 when I was 5 to 27! Still have it.
PlayStation 1 when 6 to 9
Nintendo GameCube from 8 to 10.
Xbox OG from 10 to 14!
PlayStation 2 From 13 to 20!
Shitty dells pc from 13 to 20.
5 Xbox 360s from 13 to 19. Yep! 4 of them got red ring.
Xbox one when I was 19
Alienware laptop at 22.
Another Alienware laptop at 25!
A Nintendo switch at 27….it's my sisters though. But I borrow it!
Aaand that's about it.

Just got my shitty Xbox one and Alienware laptop now. And the dusty Nintendo.

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
Game Boy
Nintendo 64
Game Boy Color
SNES
GBA
GameCube
Dreamcast
Mega Drive
Nintendo DS
Xbox 360
Wii
PlayStation Portable
(Since here I have access to a PlayStation 2, because of my then-girlfriend-now-wife)
NES
Saturn
Neo Geo Pocket Color
Virtual Boy
32X
Nintendo 3DS
PlayStation Vita
Wii U
Master System
PlayStation
Xbox One
Xbox
Game Gear
Nintendo Switch
Xbox One X (my first Xbox One broke)
PlayStation 3
(PlayStation 5, sold it in the meantime)

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
NES - My dad bought this for me. Got me into gaming and it's my favorite hobby to this day.

SNES - My dad got me this as well a couple of years after launch. Blew my little mind. Grew up with it.

PS1 - Last console my parents brought for me and my brothers. Loved it and locked me into PlayStation since.

PS2 - Bought this one myself. Again, amazing games. Sheer amount of quality and quantity was unmatched.

DS - Picked up a DS to play all the GBA Castlevania games along with the DS ones. Ended up loving it. Some great gaming with my DS Lite!

PS3 - Got this a year after launch. Slow start but once the hits came, they kept coming.

PSVita - Bought this soon after launch. Had a great time with it even if it was dropped by Sony pretty quickly. Indies really helped it shine!

PS4 - Might be my favorite console. Loved it since launch. Still gives me great games even though I'm playing them on my PS5 now.

PS5 - My current console. And second in a row Day 1. Wonderful experience so far. Sheer amount of games I have access to is awesome even though most are PS4 games lol. Still, terrific next gen exclusive games available and excited for so many more.

Switch - Don't play this much but there are exclusives on it that are impossible to ignore.

Shiz Padoo

Oct 13, 2018
My first device was a Spectrum +2 which my parents hoped I'd learn some computing with, but I was only interested in games. It lasted about 5 years before developing problems, so I received my first console for a birthday in the very early 90s.

That console was a Sega Master System II with Alex Kidd in Miracle World built in. One of my grandparents gave me pocket money at the time, so I was able to buy quite a few games for it. Highlights were the Sonic games and Super Monaco GP II.

After this I tried handheld gaming and added a Game Boy. Amusingly, I decided to buy this huge arcade cabinet thing for it with a better speaker, a light and magnifier, which made it more of a tabletop or laptop setup. But it worked and was good.

Eventually, I sold the Master System because I fancied a Mega Drive and my parents wouldn't let me have more than one console. So, the SMS went and I got a Mega Drive II. I can't remember the year but it was either 1993 or 1994. It blew the SMS away. Sonic was bigger and faster, Super Monaco GP II was more realistic and had a career mode and I kept Revenge of Shinobi, one of the bundled games, all the time I had the console. And it had SFII!!

The Mega CD didn't interest me, so I stayed with the Mega Drive II until the 32X was announced. Received at launch and made use of the £50 cashback offer, the details of that escape me though. Of course, it was eventually a failure, but it remains one of my favourite consoles and had some amazing games. Doom, Virtua Racing Deluxe, Mortal Kombat II and B.C. Racers were the standouts for me.

After this I got my first PC and I swapped my Mega Drive II/32X setup with someone for something that I can't remember. Maybe an instrument. That left me still with the Game Boy as my only console.

PC gaming was OK, I mainly played Formula One Grand Prix and free demo floppies on magazines. But I missed my consoles. So in around 1997 I got a Sega Saturn for Christmas. Playstation was tempting but I'm a true Sega fan and couldn't resist Daytona and Sega Rally. NiGHTS was legendary, so too Sonic R, but I probably made the wrong choice going with the Saturn.

A couple of years later I'd sold the Saturn and Game Boy for some spending money during the school holidays and got my first Nintendo home console... the N64. A level above the Saturn and Playstation in my opinion. Everything looked so solid and weighty. So many good times spent playing both Zeldas, Mario Kart World Driver Championship and Perfect Dark.

Things start getting a bit murky now, because I started working and free time became precious. I think I got a Playstation next, which made the first time I had two home consoles at the same time. I got it for the F1 games and I wasn't disappointed. But also, Ridge Racer was good and the FF games.

Next up was another handheld. The Game Boy Colour and Neo Geo Pocket Colour launched close together and I had a decision to make. I went with the GBC and didn't really look back. I hammered Mario Golf and don't remember playing much else on it.

After that it's sketchy because I remember getting the Playstation 2 with Gran Turismo 3 but around the same time I think the Dreamcast was on its way out, so I decded to get one of those while I still could. So not sure which came first, but both had great games. GT3 needs no explanation and the DC continued with Sega Rally and Daytona.

Gamecube also launched around this time ish and I was anticipating it heavily because I'd been reading that it would be priced considerably lower than its competitors. And it was, at £130. Got one on launch day and loved it. The analogue triggers with the click were just as revolutionary to me as the resistive triggers on the Dualsense today. If all things were equali with multiplatform games I usually got them for the Gamecube because I found the controller more comfortable.

Between consoles I was still upgrading/replacing my PC as and when necessary. But I think by the time the Xbox and Halo launched, my PC couldn't handle the that version of Halo, so I got an Xbox and Halo. Mind blwoing to be able to play such a game on a console. Ultimately, the OG Xbox is my least favourite console. MS didn't send me a replacement power cable from that recall and then the HDD died.

I think I spent time collecting handhelds for a while, because I eventually got that NGPC and added a Game Boy Advance. Handhelds were never a focus, so this was a couple of years after it launched. It never clicked with me and has the worst Mario Kart IMO. Eventually sold it because the DS was on the way. Hugely anticipated because it was so different, I bought the console and some launch games. The only one I remember was Polarium. Over the years I replaced my DSes with the Lite and DSi XL.

Also added a PSP on launch day. I remember witnessing a GAME staff member literally putting down the DS when they demoed the PSP to me a few weeks before launch. The rest was history.

Now the big one. Nintendo Wii!!! I was totally into it. Pointer controls are still one of the best inputs for an FPS game. I'd say KBD/mouse for accuracy ad pointer for immersion. Gyro on a gamepad is a good middle ground. Anyway, the Wii blew me away and since getting the N64 I really got into Nintendo. I loved all the different uses for the motion controls, even if some of them weren't really necessary. And I will always defend Wii Music!!

After that we're pretty much set until present day. I added a PS3 when the price was a bit more sensible and I got a 360, suffering two RRODs. One I returned the console to the store and got a replacement. The other I returned to MS and they fixed it for me. I think I still have that console somewhere. I still have the black S model connected for games that arent BC on the One/XSX.

Wii U looked like it would be another hit but the thing that got me was the same look and feel as the Wii. I always felt that if it were marketed as a totally new console it would have done better. I really didn't mind the gamepad screen and prompts to look at it. I still have the console set up to this day. I got the 32GB model on launch day.

3DS at launch came next, which was a bit of a mistake due to the price, but I did get the extra games in compensation. Upgraded to an XL and then a New 3DS XL and also got a 2DS over time, which I still have. Added a Vita around this time, too.

I didn't get either the PS4 or Xbox One on launch day. By this time I was struggling for space to keep consoles!! Definitely the PS4 was the first of the two, only about 6 months after launch and it's still going strong. I only put it away last week when I finally got a PS5. The reliability was good, with only the bundled controller failing a few months ago.

Xbox One followed and it joins the Xbox as one of my least favourite systems. It's big and ugly and often got the worst versions of the console releases.

Switch is up next. Needs no explanation. Nintendo struck gold again. Added a Lite for proper portable usage.

Which brings us to the pandemic. I wasn't too interested in a launch day next-gen system and the chip crisis made sure most couldn't get one on launch day. So I waited until games I would want to play were available before I started my attempts to purchase them. XSX was easiest to get and I succeeded in July last year after 2 weeks of checking availability. PS5 was more difficult to come by. I would check retailers for a few weeks and then give up for a couple of months. Then I did some research into when Amazon puts them up for sale after a restock and it's usually a Wednesday around 0900. So I did about 6 weeks of checking every Wednesday until finally last week I got one. Too early to comment much on either PS5 or XSX as they are too new. But I'm starting to like the PS5 GUI more than the Xbox, which was the same with PS4 and Xbone.

Phew!

davidnolan13

Oct 27, 2017
north east uk
philips videopac -aka the euro magnavox odyssey 2

spectrum 48k- fuck rubber keys to death

master system 2 - the one with alex kidd, i got this when the mgadrive and snes were at their tail end. poor family but it was first brand new system.

snes - pre owned but so many good games, looking back i had some classics, link to the past, chrono trigger etc some one lent them and got jam all over them i remember which pissed me off.

n64- other than a handful of super amazing games i really didnt like the thing and put me off nintendo for a lot of years

ps1 - great system but i didnt get a memory card for about 2 months which made playing games tough.

ps2 - first console i bought myself brand new day 1, was broke out the box FML lol.

dreamcast- my brother got this as a present with the keyboard and everything, i got socks i think but he ran up a massive phone bill and i said id pay it in exchange for the dreamcast, he agreed, he lent it back a few months later and sold it to someone. I was fucking livid.

ps3 - i got it from a place called bright house which meant the price was nearly double , luckily it was a damn good console.

vita - why did i bother

ps4- the 2nd time i bought a console day 1. broke out the box Fucking hell

xbox one - hated it and i paid 500 quid for it just before the price drop all for sunset overdrive which i didnt like then sold it then i rebought a 1S later and loved it so bought a 1X.

switch- used it a lot at first but then it just sat there for over a year collecting dust, so sold it for what i paid for it as it was an early one.

ps5 - day 1 purchase , will it be 3 for 3 for broke out the box , no it worked great.

Series x - also day 1 purchase and very happy so far.

ive had gameboys, gamegears, and other systems over the years at various points. i lent Some fucker my DS advance when i was in the Army and i was away for the weekend and when i got back he'd been sent somewhere else and had taken my DS the thieving shit.

Swimble_87

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
My experience was..(born in 1987)

1. Atari 400 - a console my mum and dad had which I played a bit with them when I was young. Main games I remember from that are PAC-Man and Orc Attack, though there were others. One involved a mountain and had some sort of giant spider running around at the lowest level, I am pretty sure my fear of spiders originated there!

2. Atari ST - my brother's console which I played when I was slightly older. Key games I remember playing on this were the original Street Fighter, Rainbow Islands (probably my first "favourite game" as a kid), Verminator and Zool. Also James Pond.

3. NES - we bought this from a family friend - the only game I had for it was the original Super Mario Bros.

4. Master System - I had rented a Mega Drive over various school holidays and loved the Sonic games. We got a second hand Master System with Sonic 1 and 2 and…I was colossally disappointed. Don't think I appreciated / understood why they were different games at that age.

5. Atari Lynx - this was also my older brother's. Mainly played Ninja Gaiden and California Games on this.

6. PlayStation - a gift from my older brother for my 10th birthday. Croc was the first game I got for it - life long (so far) love of PlayStation followed.

7. GameBoy Colour - saved up myself the £64 needed to get this. I used it exclusively for Pokémon games - red, blue, yellow, gold, silver and crystal. And the trading card game.

8. PlayStation 2 - a "reward" from my parents after finishing 18 months of wearing braces. Came with Gran Turismo 3, Tekken Tag, Dynasty Warriors 2. Loved it. Sold my full collection and console while running out of cash at Uni (regrettable).

9. PlayStation 3 - another reward from my parents for completing secondary school exams / A levels. Came with Resistance and Motorstorm. The fat version - later replaced with a slim. I now have a super slim.

10. GameCube - bought myself while at uni, pretty much just for Super Smash Bros Melee, Twin Snakes, Resident Evil remake and Resident Evil Zero. Also took the opportunity to get the special edition Wind Waker with the Ocarina of Time bonus disc. Sold when I was running out of cash towards the end of Uni.

11. Xbox 360 - I bought this purely for Halo 3 and the expansion game, together with Lost Odyssey. It never really caught my imagination (and was too caught up in my PS3 backlog) and I sold it after a few months.

12. PSP - mainly bought for Dissidia and Crisis Core. Loved those games - sold when the Vita came out.

13. Vita - primarily used this as a portable PS1 classics device, and for those PSP titles available digitally. I did have a few Vita games too but wasn't that invested in its main library.

14. PlayStation 4 - the first console I bought at launch as an "adult" - I think I only got Killzone with it as far as I can remember.

15. PlayStation 5 - bought several months after launch with Demon's Souls.

16. Nintendo Switch - bought for Smash Bros primarily, but gradually working on building up a collection of titles here too.

I am also in the process of rebuilding my old library of games - so I have, in the last couple of years, re bought a PS1, PS2 and PS3. I have also bought a Mega Drive (as I was denied in younger life! Ha) and my goal is to get the Mega CD and 32X attachments to "complete it". Also on my list is a Gameboy Advance and 3DS.

Great idea for a thread Op - thanks for making it!

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Although my family didn't not have anyone who was into gaming like me, we still had a Sega Genesis and that was my first Console experience but I was full immersed into video games at a younger age with PC. Consoles did shape my gaming history tho, after seeing games like Ratchet being played on TV, I was more inclined to buy systems like that while still playing on PC from time to time. 2 consoles did shape by love for gaming tho and those are:

PlayStation 2 - probably the console I have the fondest memory of, shaped my love for JRPGs with it introducing me to Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy and many other great series which would go on to be my favorite games of all time.

GameCube - never really owned this console but had it long enough to play some unique games and cement my love for Nintendo IPs especially the likes of Mario with Sunshine, Zelda and Animal Crossing.

Other consoles I owned in Chronological Order:

- Gameboy Advance

- PlayStation Portable

- Nintendo DS

- Wii

- PlayStation 3

- Wii U

- PlayStation 4

- Nintendo Switch

- PlayStation 5

- Xbox Series S

The Hobo

Oct 27, 2017
Gameboy
Sega Mega Drive
Gameboy Color
Playstation
Sega Saturn
Dreamcast
Xbox
Playstation 2
Gameboy Advance
Xbox 360
Nintendo DSi XL
Xbox One
Playstation 3
Xbox Series X

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
NES>SNES>N64>PS1>PS2>Gamecube>GBA>Xbox>Xbox 360>PSP>PS3>PS4>Switch.

GBA wasn't mine, but I used it enough. Switch isn't technically mine either, but it's in the household, I get games for it, and I play it.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
1. APV TV Fun System - Only system that was the household's and not strictly mine since I was three.
2. Atari 2600 - From this point on, all of the systems would have been purchased by me from either allowance/birthday savings, or when getting a job.
3. NES
4. Genesis - Day one.
5. Turbografx-16
6. Sega PBC
7. Gameboy
8. SNES - Day one.
9. 3DO - $700 SSF2T console.
10. PSX - Day one.
11. Saturn - Capgod console. Best controller ever too for fighting games with the controller revision (original Japanese version).
12. PS2 - Briefly, then returned for a GC. Joke was on me though!
13. Dreamcast
14. 360
15. PS3 - Bought a Slim in 2009 when there were finally games I wanted to play, plus the price drop. Bought it, Uncharted 2 and Demon's Souls in October. One of the games was worth a rental, the other worth the price of the console.

16. Wii - Used
17. Wii U - Day one, and what a complete waste outside of Zombi U.
18. PS4
19. PS4 Pro
20. PS5
21. Switch

Always wanted a PC too, and while I briefly had an Atari ST and a short stint with a C64, I never really had one of my own finally until '98, and it's been my primary platform for video games barring console exclusives.

Last edited:

John Caboose

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Always had a PC too.

PS1
Xbox
Xbox 360, numerous versions and revisions
(PS3)
(PS2)
Xbox One
(PS4)
Xbox One X
(PS4 Pro + PSVR)
(Nintendo Switch)
Xbox Series X

The ones in parentheses are non-primary and most likely sold-off consoles.

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
Listed in the order I remember:

Mega Drive
Mega CD
32X
SNES
Jaguar (!)

PlayStation <- wow these were exciting times
Saturn
N64 <- I actually don't remember whether the Saturn or N64 came first

Dreamcast
PlayStation 2

Xbox 360
PlayStation 3

PlayStation 4
Switch

KeyChainDude

Oct 28, 2017
1. PS1
2. PS2
3. PSP
4. PS3
5. PSVita
6. PS4
7. PSVR
8. Nintendo Switch
9. Xbox Series S

I also bought a used 3DS and XB1 at one point but I only played one game for each and then resold them.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
Gawd I've had so many consoles, this is going to be tough.

-Game Boy with Super Mario Land (which is still better than SMB1)

-Amstrad CPC 464 with my favourite game being a puzzle game called Oh Mummy!

-Dell 133 Mhz Windows 95 PC. I'm from the U.K. where during the SNES/MD era neither were particularly big. PC was the thing. Monkey Island, Theme Hospital, Red Alert, Doom. This was when I really got into gaming.

-PlayStation. My first home console. Tekken 2 was my first game, and the one I'm super angry I can't buy on PS4 right now.

-PlayStation 2. Natural progression from PS1, but during this same year I ended up buying the…

-N64 and Dreamcast and Sega Saturn, GameCube and later Xbox. Me and my brother got into the habit of buying and selling consoles to get other consoles. We rarely had them all at once. By far my favourite of all the above was the Dreamcast, which became my brothers main system.

-Game Boy Advance. My second most memorable Christmas ever was getting a GBA SP with Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.

-PSP and DS. By this point I was an FF mega fan so I had to have a PSP and a DS. DS sits alongside PS1/2 and Switch as my favourite ever consoles.

-Xbox 360. I was in uni at this point so the multiplayer Halo fun was a big selling point for the 360. And obviously Banjo Kazooie.

-Nintendo Wii. Absolutely one of the best consoles ever made and I'm happy that basically all the best Wii games have been coming to Switch in one form or another.

-PlayStation 3. Replaced my 360 with a PS3 for FFXIII, MGS4 and PS1 Classics. It was okay.

-Custom built PC. For the longest time I was so annoyed that PS4 wasn't backwards compatible, and the at Sony didn't care about PS1 classics, that I made a PC with the idea that it had the best legacy library. I built it as a console replacement with a Steam Controller, and it did a pretty good job. But I was always worried about it breaking, and that it'd get too expensive to build PCs in the future (which ended up being true) that I decided to sell the parts and buy myself a second hand…

-PlayStation 4 for a fraction of the price. This was exactly at the time when Sony were doing PS2 Classics so it seemed like they were respecting their legacy again (they weren't).

-Nintendo 3DS. I did get a 3DS at launch but I didn't keep it very long. Got a New 3DS nearer the end of its lifecycle. Great little console and I still play it. Nintendo handhelds are unsurpassed.

-Nintendo Switch. So up until this point I'd pretty much bought every console under the sun. But I skipped the Xbox One, and I skipped the WiiU. Switch ended up being the first Nintendo home console I'd bought since the Wii and wow. My favourite ever console….or at least top 2.

-PlayStation 5. As a console I like this as much as any PS since PS1/2. The UI is such an improvement over the clunky PS4 mess (unpopular opinion). I really only use it as a PS4 Pro+ though. I'm very much a remaster guy.

-Steam Deck. Bought and sold. Great as a handheld PC. Rubbish as a switch-like dockable device. Needs a bit of development so I'll pick one up in a few years.

Last edited:

Chie Satonaka

Oct 25, 2017
Oh geez.

Should I include console revisions, too?

Nintendo Entertainment System
Nintendo Gameboy
Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Nintendo Game Boy Color
Nintendo 64
Sony Playstation
Sega Saturn (purchased used for Shining Force 3)
Sega Dreamcast
Game Boy Advance
Sony Playstation 2
Nintendo DS
Nintendo Gamecube
Nintendo Wii
Nintendo DS Lite
Sony Playstation 3
Microsoft Xbox 360
Nintendo 3DS
Nintendo WiiU
Sony Playstation Vita
Nintendo 3DS XL
Sony Playstation 4
New Nintendo 3DS XL
Nintendo Switch
Sony Playstation 5

I want an Switch OLED next. :)

Last edited:

AristoCat

Oct 27, 2017
Played on SuperNintendo & Megadrive but those weren't properly mine so here is my list in order :

PlayStation
Dreamcast
PlayStation 2
GameBoy Advance
Xbox 360
DS
PlayStation 3
Wii
PlayStation Vita
PlayStation 4
Xbox One
PlayStation 4 Pro
Switch
Xbox Series X

Lirose

May 30, 2018
Gameboy
Gameboy Advance SP
NDS
PSP
3DS (have 6-7 total units of the NDS/3DS family and revisions)
PS Vita
PS3
WiiU
Switch V1
Switch OLED

The only console I regret buying was PS3 - only finished 1 game total. Was considering PS5 since I wanted to play Persona 5 on a newer console but since P5 will now be everywhere am considering an Xbox Series S instead as a Gamepass machine.

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Genesis
N64
Dreamcast
Gamecube
PC
Xbox 360
PC
PC with Wii U as a secondary device for exclusives
PC with Switch as a secondary device for exclusives

also various gameboys and a 3ds somewhere in there

PC is my preferred method of playing games and a Nintendo console on the side gets me pretty much everything else I even slightly care about so I see no reason to switch this up in the foreseeable future

I do plan on buying a VR headset as well at some point in the next like year or two though, I got a CV1 Rift that I never really used much because the wires and such annoyed me too much and i've basically just been waiting for the tech to mature a bit before buying a new headset, I almost bought a Quest 2 when that released but a couple reviews scared me off but i'm thinking it's time soon whenever new stuff comes out

Last edited:

ShackD

Oct 27, 2017
Genesis
GameBoy
PlayStation
GameBoy Color
PlayStation 2
GameBoy Advance
Xbox
Nintendo DS
Xbox 360
PlayStation 4
Switch
PlayStation 5

T.I (uh oh)

Oct 29, 2017
Mega Drive
N64
Gamecube
Wii
Xbox360
Wii U
XboxOne
Switch

Will eventually get a Series X when Perfect Dark, Mortal Kombat 12 or Banjo Kazooie ever come out.

Shiz Padoo

Oct 13, 2018
Seeing how mine look in list-form, roughly in order. In between these are at least 5 individual PCs of varying standard.

Sinclair Spectrum +2 128K
Sega Master System II
Nintendo Game Boy
Sega Mega Drive II
Sega 32X
Sega Saturn
Nintendo 64
Playstation
Playstation 2
Sega Dreamcast
Nintendo Gamecube
Game Boy Colour
Neo Geo Pocket Colour
Microsoft Xbox
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS Lite
Nintendo DSi XL
Sony PSP (x2 because I added the special FF edition)
Nintendo Game Boy Advance
Nintendo Wii
Sony Playstation 3
Microsoft Xbox 360
Nintendo 3DS
Sony PS Vita
Nintendo 3DS XL
Microsoft Xbox 360 Slim
Nintendo Wii U
OUYA (forgot this one!)
Sony Playstation 3 Super Slim
Nintendo New 3DS XL
Sony Playstation TV (forgot this one, too!)
Sony Playstation 4
Microsoft Xbox One
Evercade
Nintendo Switch
Nintendo Switch Lite
Microsoft Xbox Series X
Sony Playstation 5

Micro consoles:
Playstation
Mega Drive
PC Engine
Evercade VS

Yorker14

Apr 27, 2022
Sydney, Australia
Atari (believe it was my Mum's from well before I was born), PS1, Wii, PS3 Slim, PS4, PS4 Pro, PS5

Never owned a handheld myself but my sister had a Nintendo DS which I played occasionally.

Never owned a PS2 and didn't get a PS3 until midway through its lifecycle (mostly gamed on PC during those years) but my best friend at the time had both so I often played at his house (was also able to borrow the PS3 for three months at once stage when he went overseas).

Looking at people's list here, either my family far had less disposable income growing up or everyone here is much older than me lol.

Scruffy8642

Jan 24, 2020
Gameboy, PS1, GBA, PS2, GC, DS, PSP, Wii, PS3, 3DS, PS4, Switch, Vita, Wii U, PS5.

Got a Vita and Wii U primarily for emulation, hence why they're so late. Basically owned every Sony and Nintendo console post 2000. Never had an Xbox. Not particularly against the idea, but I don't have enough time to play the games I have between Nintendo and Sony consoles, so there's practically no chance of me actually playing anything on an Xbox if I got one anyway. Same with PC. Not having nostalgia for any of their IPs also plays a big role in me not having as much interest as well. Would like to get one someday, but I just don't see it happening any time soon. Don't know how people manage to have all the consoles + PC and actually use them all.

desmondcs

Banned
May 9, 2018
Michigan
I can remember Atari consoles & Sega Master System being around, but my 1st console was the NES. So, I think my timeline is:

NES
Gameboy
SNES
Saturn
PS1
Dreamcast
Gameboy Advance
Wii
DSi
PS Vita
PS4
New 3DS XL
Switch
Switch Lite

I ducked in & out of gaming when things didn't interest me. I was kinda salty when the Dreamcast died, but I would play stuff when I visited friends or relatives that had PS2 or GameCube. This is about when I went heavy into emulation and visiting the few remaining arcades near me. In the end, I think I played most consoles either from a friend that seemed to get everything, I remember watching an episode of Full House on a Turbo Express with the tv tuner, or at very least a kiosk at a store or Blockbuster.

Gamesadict

Oct 25, 2017
SNES
N64
GBC
PS2
GBA SP in 2003
NDS in 2004
PSP in 2005
360 in 2008
PS3 Slim in 2009
360 Slim in 2011 because the previous one died

-- 11 years of nothing --

Switch Lite a month ago.

PSP was a big deal, it was the first console I bought with my own money. Almost happened with the DS but was told to not worry about it (I asked one be imported from the US) and instead take it as Christmas gift.

Almost bought a PS4 and then a One, but I'm glad I didn't go through with either, both companies moving to releasing on PC has been the ultimate reward to my patience.

Switch happened only because I want to play Pokemon games again and the more recent Mario games too. Currently catching up on BOTW.

Panam

This guy are sick of Unshakable Resolve
Feb 3, 2021
Had most of the Nintendo consoles on release. Never had a GBA or Wii U.
Sony consoles on release too except PS4 which I bought for FF15. No PS Vita.
Got an Xbox 360 for GTA 4, but never really played anything else.
Also got a Steam Deck that will see some action next week.

| TrusT |

Apr 19, 2020
Commodore 16
Spectrum 48k
NES
Game Boy
Mega Drive
Super NES
Mega CD
Amiga 1200
Amiga CD32
Panasonic 3DO
Atari Jaguar
Saturn
PlayStation
Atari Jaguar CD
Nintendo 64
Game Boy Colour
NeoGeo Pocket Colour
Dreamcast
Game Boy Advance
PlayStation 2
NeoGeo AES
GameCube
Xbox
PSP
Wii
Nintendo DS
Xbox 360
Playstation 3
Nintendo 3DS
Wii U
Xbox One
Nintendo NEW 3DS
Playstation 4
Switch
Xbox One X
Xbox Series X
Playdate - coming soon

There's a couple of self built PC's in there somewhere, an early Voodoo2 and a Shuttle. My current PC is slightly more powerful than a toaster so not much gaming going on there. Plus a mix of various arcade cabs. I've still got everything apart from the Launch Xbox One, PS4 and old PC's.

G_O

Oct 28, 2017
NES - Megadrive - SNES - Gameboy - N64 - N64 (again) - PS1 (only ever 2nd hand console) - GameCube - Wii - DS - X360 - PS3 - 3DS - Vita - PS4 - XB1 - Switch - PS4 Pro - PS5 - XBSX - Switch OLED

so from the 3 out of Nintendo, MS and Sony I missed out on Ps2, OG Xbox, and a bunch of Nintendo handheld (virtual boy, gb colour, and advance)

also only ever owned 1 sega console

edit - forgot that I did own. A wii-u too, an easy one to forget as it was easily my least played ever console.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Atari 2600
Sega Genesis
Sony Playstation
Sony Playstation 2
MS XBox 360
Sony Playstation 4
SNES MIni (does it count?)
Sony Playstation 5

During thepost Ps2 era years i was surprised by how much Sony failed to attract me and how much MS did everyrhing that i wanted to. The moment i decided to switch to MS was when they announced Last Odyssey, they had FF XIII on 360 too, Fallout3, the Xbox LIve indies, every single multiplatform game was better looking and better running on it.

It was also much cheaper (Arcade version).

oggob

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Family Consoles, which were shared with Brother, no clear ownership.
Atari 2600 -> Commodore 64 -> NES -> Mega Drive

Transition to Personal... still shared with brother, but I was the owner
Playstation -> Playstation 2

Solo Purchases
PlayStation Portable -> Playstation 3 -> Wii -> Xbox 360 -> PlayStation Vita -> Playstation 4 -> Playstation 5

My Family consoles...
Xbox One S - Given to son
Switch x2 - Given to son and daughter, there is a third switch that the wife has access to, but that is more on extended loan

EndlessSummer

Mar 21, 2022
Gameboy
Playstation 2 Slim
Playstation Portable
Nintendo DS
Playstation 3 Slim
Nintendo 3DS
Playstation 4 Slim
Playstation 4 Pro
Nintendo 2DS XL
Playstation 5

I also owned a 360 and an xbone but I ended up selling them.

Last edited:

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Stuck in some computers...

Grandstand 3000

Atari VCS

ZX Spectrum 48k

Amiga 1200

Playstation

Xbox

Xbox 360