• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Celery

Cheap and extremely low on calories (1.5kg = 200 calories)

how-much-calories-in-celery.jpg

If you can't eat it by itself pair it with hummus or whatever dip you like.

Eat that much a day and you can come like Peter North* as a bonus.

*according to him anyway.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
In the morning i have

Oatmeal
3 Scrambled Eggs
Peanut Butter sandwich
Bowl of oatmeal
Chicken breast
Banana
Bowl of spaghetti
Almonds*

I combine breakfast and lunch together so i dont get hungry before or after i go gym, or during lectures

Protein shake after

Never get hungry anymore

Edit : and almonds are good fat which helps reduce hunger

Last edited:

Extra Sauce

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe watermelon? It has so much water that I end up feeling like my stomach is going to explode if I go to town on one.

Deleted member 33887

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 20, 2017
In the morning i have

Oatmeal
3 Scrambled Eggs
Peanut Butter sandwich
Bowl of oatmeal
Chicken breast
Banana
Bowl of spaghetti
Almonds*

I combine breakfast and lunch together so i dont get hungry before or after i go gym, or during lectures

Protein shake after

Never get hungry anymore

Edit : and almonds are good fat which helps reduce hunger

This is approximately 1500 calories of food (not including the shake) unless your portion size is tiny.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
This is approximately 1500 calories of food (not including the shake) unless your portion size is tiny.

Keep in mind i weight train 4-5 times a week, am 21 so metabolisms high, im bulking and im 6'3.

But any combination of three of those foods should keep hunger away for a while. Atleast for me

When i ate unhealthy i was always hungry and always eating bad food

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
A bowl of oatmeal, mashed potatoes, pasta, or polenta is probably the way to go. All of them cheap and very filling.

Try eating your meal a little slower too.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Most of the suggestions here are bad. You need something that is going to keep your insulin low. Carbs are going to make you hungry soon after. Big green salad with a creamy dressing and protein would do the job.

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
OP, what is your activity level like? Has it changed recently? A person who's dragging logs out of the woods by hand everyday has a very different nutritional requirement than someone holding down a desk.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
You need to go see a doctor. What you're describing is not normal in the least. You also likely have a fucked up eating schedule so you have trained your body to expect food constantly.

The food that makes you feel most full is typically worst for you, so unless you want to be fucking huge you need to figure out your diet.

Last edited:

Juturna

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fat and protein. People suggesting simple carbs are crazy.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Beans will do it and they're not that terrible for you. Cook them up with some smoked pork jowls and serve on brown rice if you really want to feel like you've eaten.

Last edited:

Waggles

Oct 26, 2017
The only thing pizza fills me with is self loathing.

Costco pizza aint nothing but an afternoon snack.

water_wendi

Oct 25, 2017
I can eat like a black hole.

I am thoroughly convinced that if I had no self-control, I could eat myself to death in a matter of a week or 2. There's literally no stopping me.

It usually starts with my first bite of the day. So I typically skip meals. Because as soon as I have something it begins.

It's not fierce hunger pangs. It's just these little suggestions. It's too easy to snack my way to......well not to satisfaction. Because I'm always hungry. I'm typically going to sleep hungry.

Maybe it's not normal.

I need a quick, cheap, food that fucking kills this hunger. It doesn't need to taste good. I'm tired of being hungry.
Its not normal to feel hungry all the time like that. If you are tired of feeling that way consider changing your way of eating. Personally ive had much success eating keto (no sugars/carbs, lots of green leafy vegetables, quality fats/protein).

Jun 7, 2018
It s niche, but a Castelnaudary cassoulet. Heavens on Earth.
Import that baby:
280x280-1518211296-040405814a.jpg
Mike knows.
Cassoulet is one of tne world's great dishes.

I think, for me, a large part of something feeling filling is that it's also satisfyingly tasty and full of flavour. A breakfast burrito with eggs, chorizo, peppers, onions, cheese, sour cream, salsa, lime and hot sauce is probably the most filling home-cooked meal I can think of in that sense.

Something easy to make up a big ol' batch of, good to eat hot or cold whenever yoi're hungry, and massively filling, is a boldly dressed and seasoned, roasted butternut squash couscous, with nuts of some kind (say pine nuts, pistachios, cashews or walnuts, whatever really) strewn through it.

Simple, hearty Chinese food is super filling too. A big bowl of something like this, with a portion of dumplings on the side, is cheap, nutritious and never leaves me hungry.

photo2jpg.jpg

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
Self made bread:

450 ml of lukewarm water not warmer than 50 degrees
1 packet of dry yeast
1 tsp salt
1-2 tablespoons vinegar
150 g seeds, kernels or nuts e.g. Linseed, sunflower seeds and walnuts...
500 g of whole wheat flour, e.g. Spelt

Tell me how much you can eat of that. :P Isuggest to go slow at the beginning as healthy bread can be a bit overwhelming for your belly. It'll cleanse your body for sure and you might end up with a bit of bellyache as your body is not used to it.