• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
What's a (gaming) hill you're willing to die on?

I have a few:

1) Resi 6 is a good game with amazing 3rd person shooter mechanics
2) BoTW would be a worse game without weapon durability
3) If a remake is 1 to 1 with nothing but better graphics to offer over the original, it's probably unnecessary
4) The Order 1886 was a 7/10 game
5) You should have been able to disable the DS4 lightbar

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Death Stranding is literally the worst game I've played to completion.

MarcelloF

"This guy are sick"
Dec 9, 2020
Crash Bandicoot is lame as hell. Sonic Adventure is better than any of them. All of Sonic's supporting cast are better than Crash and his supporting cast.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
FIFA games are good and it's weird how people who don't play FIFA or sports games get really upset about its existence.

ping33

Jul 28, 2021
Invert Y is the logical and superior choice, you're controlling the head/camera... I push my head forward to look down and backward to look up irl.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
The vast majority of Bayonetta's "gimmicks" are just forcing the player to adapt to a new situation in order to communicate a different aspect of the combat. It's because the combat is so deep and has so many facets that they're there, not because Platinum didn't have confidence in it.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
That Loonatics unleashed was ahead of its time

Crap, now I gotta quickly think of something actually meaningful to say
errrr, the last third of Dark Souls is actually still pretty good outside Lost Izalith, yeah, that'll do.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Tales of the Abyss is a great game with the best cast and story in the series. For some reason, I've seen people hating this game for years and I just don't get it. I thought the story was very intriguing and unique, and I use the "Seventh Phonon" phrase in my everyday life to this day lol.

Last edited:

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
After the 16 bit era, turn based battles became too long (loading, animation, effects, etc). They were supposed to be fast and fluid. The only choice was to simplify or get rid of them.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
This thread is basically just a rebrand of the "Your controversial gaming opinions?" thread and I am willing to die on this hill.
EDIT: Goddangit Manu

Violet Wren

Oct 25, 2017
Breath Of The Wild is a joyless, anxiety filled experience with no payoff or reward for fighting with the mechanics long enough to finish it.