Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
During my teen years , I used to have many addictions (smoking cigs/cigars/weed , occasional coke, soda, cutting myself, etc) and quitting cigarettes was by far the hardest one to quit, all the other ones I quite cold turkey quite easily but cigs were different , they have a certain quality that just gave me a calm euphoria that I could not get anywhere else (besides cutting, but I had to give it up after it became too obvious).

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Alcohol.

Couldn't bring myself to stop until I hit absolute bottom. It was a core component of other lingering issues I had.

I am fortunate and cigarettes never hooked me.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
It's soda.

Quit last April, though I'll have one every now and again (literally a 16oz a month). My soda consumption was off the charts and I needed to do something about it.

Oct 25, 2017
Cigarettes. Quit 15 days ago, still think about it pretty much non-stop all day. Hope it gets easier at some point.

It does.

It's a toss up between smoking and alcohol for me. I think the hardest thing is, right now, I have no "unwinding" outlet. I was an alcoholic for many years, so I can't even drink now for obvious reasons to relax. Smoked for 10 years, around 1 year quit now (as opposed to nearly 10 years quit from drinking), so I guess cigarettes are a 'fresh wound' for me.

OP
OP
Baphomet

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
3 years this June for me. I still think about it everyday. It won't go away.
It will go away, I stopped smoking at around 27 after starting at 15 and my cravings stopped after about a year, it depends on the persons mental strength (I'm not calling you weak or anything , it just takes time, some longer than others).

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
It will go away, I stopped smoking at around 27 after starting at 15 and my cravings stopped after about a year, it depends on the persons mental strength (I'm not calling you weak or anything , it just takes time, some longer than others).
I know.
3 years later, every time I drink, play games have a good meal, it's all I think about.

I thought about it today to be honest. I was going to smoke today. I'm going to the gym instead.

Aria

Nov 21, 2019
Biting my nails. I don't know why but when I'm coding my hands just go to my mouth. I managed to stop for almost a year and then last week smashed through all of them. Regularly trimming them seems to help but one day I forgot and then they're gone :(

Oct 29, 2017
Visiting news feeds. I will have some days where I need to socialize and I will visit era, reddit and facebook. I usually stay signed out of these sites to make it less currated for me. See ya!

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
3 years this June for me. I still think about it everyday. It won't go away.
It depends on the person. I quit a little over 2 years ago and can count on one hand the amount of times I've been tempted to light up since I quit(well after the initial effort it took) . I don't ever think about it anymore.

Now the dreams for the first 6 months were virtually always about smoking.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pop.

I can drink 12 cans of coke in two days. It's gotten so bad that I was throwing up in the morning if I didn't have any. I've gone almost two months now without buying any and I've only had Pepsi at work since.

Hopefully I can keep at it and also kill some of my other bad habits this year aswell.

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
Sugar easily. Pure poison that is socially acceptable makes it so easy to become addicted to.

OP
OP
Baphomet

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
I may sound mean saying this but I truly believe any addiction can be overcome , those who don't simply have weak mental strength.

Barberetti

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Well smoking I guess, as it's the only addiction I've quit. Smoked 20 a day for 20 years and quit one night cold turkey. That was 13 years ago, and never had the urge to have a single puff since stopping. I found it pretty easy actually.

Alcohol on the other hand? There's no way I'm giving that up. Don't want to, I enjoy it too much lol.

dosh

Oct 25, 2017
Cigarettes. Quit 15 days ago, still think about it pretty much non-stop all day. Hope it gets easier at some point.
Ho trust me it does. I even used to have nightmares where I saw myself smoking the first few months after quitting.

And to answer OP, that would be cigarettes as well. My only addiction actually, but it took a long, long time to finally beat it.

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
Video games and weed. I use THC carts so it's hard to stop when the negative stuff isn't there except my own will to stop stopping me.

OP
OP
Baphomet

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Not everyone is as strong as OP who can go cold turkey on his occasional High School coke habit LOL.
hehe I know right :p , I mean it felt good when I did it , but I never had a want to keep doing it consistently , I did it a few times ,and then I said "nope not for me" and stopped.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Picking the skin off my thumbs. It's miserable 😖

BojTrek

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Gambling... up $3000 two weeks ago in a nice $400 here $600 there... and gave in all back plus $1000 in 2 hours last Friday. Very destructive behavior...

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
Probably soda. I just can't eat some meals without soda (hamburgers, pizza, steak etc.). I have cut down my consumption though (by eating less of those meals lol). I also guess snus but I only use it for few months at the time because it's not sold in Finland and I am not addicted enough to go alone to Sweden buy more when I ran out of it. I only buy it when I go to Sweden with my friends (by ferry) so like once or twice a year.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Nicotine by far, I stopped smoking cigarettes and switched to vaping. I've quit heroin, cocaine, and drinking, but I have never been able to fully kick nicotine.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Food. I can be great in my breakfasts and lunches, but when dinner comes around I engorge myself. I have been bad with my amounts, as a short man I should be eating a fuckton less as my body needs less but I have more food than a lot of people. Even if it's healthy stuff I go into excess.