ddc226

Oct 28, 2017
I want to get DW Gundam Reborn but 40 for the game and 30 for the full dlc pack...oof.

I hear ya, but I'm gonna bite the bullet this week, I've been meaning to pick this up for a long time, and now is a good time to do so. Been recently diving back into Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3, and forgot how much I enjoyed it. Can't wait to play this one!

J.Devesh

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Some only digital games in Europe for PSVita (Don't know in USA):
- Soul Sacrifice Delta
- Summon Night 6
- Muramasa Rebirth
- Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth
- Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
- Ragnarock Odyssey
- Ragnarock Odyssey ACE
- Exist Archive

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
I've read this on Sony's website so not doubting the source but this sounds like you need to download the game before the store closes. Why are cross buys different to regular purchases or an I missing something and is everyone also downloading games before the store closes too?
I'm guessing it has something to do with processing the license for the other platform. That's part of the "store" and not automatically applied to your account when you purchase.

Oct 28, 2017
Is there a complete list of PS1 and PSP games you can buy on Vita in EU/UK? The lists in the OP only cover US.

Unfortunately there's a bunch of stuff on the store on Vita that's hidden if you don't search by name so we NEED a complete list to refer to.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Golly gee it sure would be nice of Sony to heavily discount some of this stuff, my wallet can only take so much strain

emperor bohe

Oct 27, 2017
My PS3 isn't connected at the moment and I don't remember the answer, but is our wishlist visible on the console store still? I don't even remember if it ever was because I used to use the store from an internet browser. If not then i gotta create a whole new list 😭

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Hi all, I'm having a massive problem in that none of my Dualshock 3's can hold a charge anymore, any suggestions?

Deleted member 48201

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 29, 2018
The Sky Cooper Collection. The physical has only Sly 1 and Sly 2 on the cart. Sly 3 is a digital download.
If you buy it used the code might be used unless you can find a sealed copy.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
RayStorm HD

This is on XBL but never came out in North America on PSN. Digital only.

English version is cheap on Hong Kong PSN.
Just bought it yesterday with cards from PlayAsia.

The HK store has a ton of English language versions PS3, PS2 and PS1 games.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
For these cross buy games, do I need to download these games completely or can I just push the download, cancel it seconds later and delete it?

Oct 28, 2017
Universally? I thought it was only in specific games it worked

There are some drawbacks.

• No Rumble Feedback (Vibration)
  • Motion Sensing does not work
  • Touch Pad does not work
  • PS Button does not work
  • Speaker on DualShock 4 does not work
  • Headset port does not work
  • Light bar has no effect on the game, as it just stays a whiteish, blue colour (when used wireless)

However, they have a full list of PS3 games that work with the PS4 controller here at IGN, and ones that are NOT compatible!

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Awesome thread. Thank you all for doing this. I'm gonna be chipping away at stuff, week by week, until the shutdown. I'm starting with... all of the Drakengard 3 DLC. UGHHH!

Watched!

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Flying Hamster

A shootemup made by the devs of the recent Monster Boy game. It was released as a psp mini and then an HD version for Vita. I don't think they ever released a physical version of it.

yyr

Nov 14, 2017
White Plains, NY
Never owned a Vita, but when I bought these on PS3, I had a separate Japanese PSN account and added PSN "codes" to it by buying them online. I could then purchase content.

The question is Vita-specific, the reason being because Vita's OS is single-user.

On PS3 or PS4, you can add the Japanese PSN account to the console alongside your primary account, then purchase and download games, and play them using your primary account with no issues. But I'm looking for the least painful way to do something similar on Vita. If anyone has any ideas that'd be swell.

At this point, Vita is the PlayStation platform I use most, so I want to take as much cool stuff with me as I can!

I've read this on Sony's website so not doubting the source but this sounds like you need to download the game before the store closes. Why are cross buys different to regular purchases or an I missing something and is everyone also downloading games before the store closes too?

Normally, you receive an entitlement when you make a purchase. But it sounds like that's not how cross-buy works. From their description, it sounds like the only entitlement you receive at time of purchase is the primary platform you purchased the game for; initiating the download of a cross-buy version likely enables the entitlement on other platforms.

Ok so I'm on the PS3 PSN store on console, and there is no way to buy anything? All of the buttons have been removed. I can't find any ps3 games on the web store, how are you all making these digital purchases?

The buy button is there but is currently invisible due to a bug. We don't know if it will be fixed.

Last edited:

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Came up with a list, and:

• Resident Evil 2
  • Resident Evil 3

• Mega Man Legends
  • Mega Man Legends 2
  • The Misadventures of Tron Bonne

• Fatal Frame 2
  • The House of the Dead 4
  • Siren: Blood Curse
Well this got pricey lol. I also had RE1 and Code Veronica too, but eh (also why is CVX more expensive on PS3 than PS4 heh). I'll check out the demos for House of the Dead and Siren again, especially since I don't have the move for the former, so it might just feel too clunky to play.

yyr

Nov 14, 2017
White Plains, NY
Well this got pricey lol. I also had RE1 and Code Veronica too, but eh (also why is CVX more expensive on PS3 than PS4 heh). I'll check out the demos for House of the Dead and Siren again, especially since I don't have the move for the former, so it might just feel too clunky to play.

You will want PS Move for House of the Dead 3/4. I wish they worked with the GunCon3, but they don't.

If the concept of playing a lightgun game with a controller sounds awful, that's because in most cases, it *is* awful =\ But we're about to lose the only home version of House of the Dead 4 that exists, so there's that...

What a shame. After Burner Climax and OutRun2 SP were already delisted, and now HotD4 is on the way out too. Sigh.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
You will want PS Move for House of the Dead 3/4. I wish they worked with the GunCon3, but they don't.

If the concept of playing a lightgun game with a controller sounds awful, that's because in most cases, it *is* awful =\ But we're about to lose the only home version of House of the Dead 4 that exists, so there's that...

What a shame. After Burner Climax and OutRun2 SP were already delisted, and now HotD4 is on the way out too. Sigh.

Yeah, I did play the demo a while back, and I don't think it went too well. :/ I guess I shall see.

Damn it, I need things to go back to normal, and Dave & Busters to open up again, so I can play some more Scarlet Dawn!

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017

It doesn't, but if you run a DS4 through an adapter like a cronusMax you can get full functionality back (home button, rumble, motion, etc). I had to follow their instructions to cut down the massive bit of lag I got by default, but after toggling the required settings (and using a community profile to adjust the deadzones) I'm really happy with using a DS4 on PS3.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I've been meaning to get Vagrant Story but putting it off for like over a decade now, so I really should get it lol.
I'also tempted by VF4:Evo, but I dunno how screwy that'll be in regards to input lag (I can play it on a CRT via RGB SCART at least).

simmias

Oct 30, 2017
It doesn't, but if you run a DS4 through an adapter like a cronusMax you can get full functionality back (home button, rumble, motion, etc). I had to follow their instructions to cut down the massive bit of lag I got by default, but after toggling the required settings (and using a community profile to adjust the deadzones) I'm really happy with using a DS4 on PS3.

Holy mackerel, are those things really $100+ or am I looking at the wrong thing? I use a Mayflash ($20), which gets me the home button back and no lag, but no rumble or motion. Rumble would be nice, but not $100+ nice! LOL.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Holy mackerel, are those things really $100+ or am I looking at the wrong thing? I use a Mayflash ($20), which gets me the home button back and no lag, but no rumble or motion. Rumble would be nice, but not $100+ nice! LOL.

Perhaps? Got mine years ago so I'm fuzzy on the specific price but I felt it was more in the $60 range.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
If you're into horror games, definitely pick up the Corpse Party series (1 and Book of Shadows are PSP, Blood Drive is Vita).

Me personally, I'm going to grab Persona 4 Golden on my PSTV (it's all I have, my PS3 died).
Seconding this, Corpse Party 1 on PSP is the best version you can get now, the Steam and GOG version are inferior, so if you have a PC, you could emulate the PSP version.
It also got a remaster on Switch in Japan recently and is coming to west soon, but I don't know how that version is.

Oct 28, 2017
LOL, I spent so much money on all those tables and I haven't played them once.

Realistically, I know this will be the same thing, but I'll do it anyway.
I did too. Ironically I'll have to spend money on Pinball Arcade again now! I actually only had Pinball Arcade via PS Plus but all the tables I bought for it. Can't access it as I'm not a subscriber anymore but haven't had a desire to play for a while so never bought the base game. Now I have to before it's too late.

simmias

Oct 30, 2017
Awesome thread. Thank you all for doing this. I'm gonna be chipping away at stuff, week by week, until the shutdown. I'm starting with... all of the Drakengard 3 DLC. UGHHH!

I was going to finally open my CE to see if any of the DLC codes worked, but decided to check eBay sold listings first... holy shit!!! Maybe I'll just buy it digitally and sell my copy.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
FFX-2 on Vita is download only as well in US, the retail release only had FFX on cart - this is available on other platforms, but for those interested, this is going away when the doors close

I believe it's available physical via import (Asian English copy) but it was limited so might be hard to find

simmias

Oct 30, 2017
Those Vita versions were pretty sweet and their saves were compatible with the PS3/PS4 versions if I remember correctly (I think I went back and forth between Vita and PS3). Grinded out a bunch of monster arena on an airplane ride across country.

SomaXD

Oct 27, 2017
How do i purchase the games i got for free with ps+?

there are a ton of games i want to purchase before the purchase option disappears, but i cant figure out how to. Especially on my Vita since its just a single account. Im nervous im gonna miss out on buying some games if i cant figure this out

yyr

Nov 14, 2017
White Plains, NY
Perhaps? Got mine years ago so I'm fuzzy on the specific price but I felt it was more in the $60 range.

Take a look at the Brook adapters. They work really well and are more affordable...when they're in stock.

How do i purchase the games i got for free with ps+?

If your PS+ subscription is active, this is impossible. The subscription needs to expire first. After this happens you'll be able to buy them...unless the store has closed by then. =\

SkyMasterson

Oct 28, 2017
I recommend the SEGA AGES 2500 versions of the Phantasy Star Collection, Dynamite Deka (aka Die Hard Arcade), and Treasure Box on JPSN. Plus Virtua Fighter 2, Sonic the Fighters, Fighting Vipers, and Virtual On.
Oh, I forgot about those! Thank you for the reminder!

Sorry, I'm a noob when it comes to this stuff. Is it as easy as switching my consoles region and purchasing them through the Japanese store?
How does it show up on my console?

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
I know this game is available elsewhere but Alex kidd in miracle world (Master System) is an incredibly good version on PS3. The emulation is perfect and the input lag very low. It's a must have on PS3.
Not universally. I'd say most games work.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
There are some drawbacks.

• No Rumble Feedback (Vibration)
  • Motion Sensing does not work
  • Touch Pad does not work
  • PS Button does not work
  • Speaker on DualShock 4 does not work
  • Headset port does not work
  • Light bar has no effect on the game, as it just stays a whiteish, blue colour (when used wireless)

However, they have a full list of PS3 games that work with the PS4 controller here at IGN, and ones that are NOT compatible!
Get a Brook Wingman XE, it has PS3 support now with the 1.2+ firmware, and you can use way more than just a DS4.

PS button does work with it. Vibration should work too.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Oh, I'm gonna have to get a JP PSN card for Silent Hill 4.

Fatal Frame 1, 2, 3, and SH4 (JP PSN only) + Drakengard 3 DLC. That'll do for this week. Jeez, this stuff is gonna add up fast.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I already own a lot of stuff (heavy Vita user) so this is my current list after browsing and reading around

PS3:

Siren Blood Curse - 20
House of the Dead 4 - 10

PS1:

Arc the Lad - 6
Arc the Lad 2 - 6
Arc the Lad 3 - 6
Saiyuki Journey West - 6
Threads of Fate - 6

PSP:

Castlevania Dracula X - 15
Dissidia Duodecim - 10
Wild ARMs XF - 10

Jul 1, 2020
Anything you have even the slightest passing interest in. I hope they discount a ton of this stuff before they shut the store down.

yyr

Nov 14, 2017
White Plains, NY
I know this game is available elsewhere but Alex kidd in miracle world (Master System) is an incredibly good version on PS3. The emulation is perfect and the input lag very low. It's a must have on PS3.

For those who also have Xbox, the same great port is part of "Sega Vintage Collection: Alex Kidd & Co." on X360. This collection is BC on XB1 and later, also includes Super Hang-On (Arcade) and The Revenge of Shinobi (Gen/MD). For some reason, the same games were released separately on PS3. M2 handled these ports so they are fantastic =)

Anything you have even the slightest passing interest in. I hope they discount a ton of this stuff before they shut the store down.

There are no more discounts on these platforms outside of Cross Buy items with PS4.