StraySheep

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 26, 2017
Now we just have to figure out the essential PSP games (not just digital only). I already have the Persona games. Outside of Jeanne D'Arc and Dissidia, I am not sure what I need.

Valkyria Chronicles 2? Daxter?

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Now we just have to figure out the essential PSP games (not just digital only). I already have the Persona games. Outside of Jeanne D'Arc and Dissidia, I am not sure what I need.
I don't think the PSP games are going away, just the ability to buy them on a PSP itself. Should still be purchasable on PS3/Vita.

Of course better to be safe then sorry.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
I thought that was already disabled... Is the PSP shop any different in selection?
It's been half dead. The storefront gives you an error and won't let you do general browsing, but you can use the search function manually to find and purchase games.

Pretty sure everything on the PSP store is also on the PS3 store.

RpgN

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I'm so glad they reversed course. They'll probably still do it in the future but at least we'll get more time to buy the games we want. And the discussions have been fun here! I might still get Shantae Half Genie Hero even if I still find it expensive. It's just more fitting on the vita. It's easier to pay in small chunks even if it's over £30 with all the DLC. Now I get the chance to do that and not be forced to pay once in one go before playing it.

Cjdamon042

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh
Where can I buy new PS3 controllers in the UK? My old ones are...not great. I don't really want to touch them haha.

Is it just eBay and hope they aren't fake?

I know I can use a PS4/PS5 controller but then you lose the rumble, motion controls, and I think PS button support?

JBoogie

Apr 30, 2019
100% agree with you here. The store staying open is just a silver lining in an otherwise extremely shitty situation. I'm still considering not getting a PS5 because of all the bad decisions and the direction Sony is taking.

I've been on the fence about PS5 since last year and I most definitely don't want one as of right now.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Where can I buy new PS3 controllers in the UK? My old ones are...not great. I don't really want to touch them haha.

I know I can use a PS4/PS5 controller but then you lose the rumble, motion controls, and I think PS button support?
If you find new ones that aren't fake, in the UK, please let me know.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Fingers crossed that this opens up Sony's eyes to the money they could be making on classics on PS5. Probably not, but I can dream.

I don't think the PSP games are going away, just the ability to buy them on a PSP itself. Should still be purchasable on PS3/Vita.

Of course better to be safe then sorry.
Yeah, I think you're right. But like always, Sony has done a shitty job explaining what is actually happening.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017

Brook Wingman XE supports all of it with PS4 controllers, not sure if DualSense though.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
First time reading about this. So you hook up that thing and connect a PS4 controller to it?
Oooh, interesting. A review for it on Amazon mentions they have no issues using a DualSense on their PS3 with it, so that's promising. Thanks, I'll look into this.
Yup

wingmanXE_pic02new_2_+PS5.jpg

Wingman XE - Brook Gaming

EXTREME converter for Playstation! Play has No limit on PS3 & PS4 And compatible PS4 game on PS5 Support to use Xbox & Elite Series controllers, PS5 / PS4 / PS3 / Switch Pro, even ASTRO CITY mini / MEGA Drive mini controller included.

Garrison

Oct 27, 2017
Yup

wingmanXE_pic02new_2_+PS5.jpg

Wingman XE - Brook Gaming

EXTREME converter for Playstation! Play has No limit on PS3 & PS4 And compatible PS4 game on PS5 Support to use Xbox & Elite Series controllers, PS5 / PS4 / PS3 / Switch Pro, even ASTRO CITY mini / MEGA Drive mini controller included.

Awesome!! Thanks for that. I have a couple of PS3 controllers in good shape but they will only last so long anyways. Getting one of these things down the line for sure.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Even though the stores will remain open I'm still going to go ahead and pick up the last games I need and call it a day. I dont really see ps3 game prices actually going down much now that they've risen.

On a positive note I picked up a logitech steering wheel from my local thrift store for $10. Can someone recommend some arcade racers.

ConfusedOwl

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Tempted to drop $60 CAD on the Ratchet games after finishing the PS4 Remake but I dunno. As soon as I buy them Sony will announce they're all coming to PS5 knowing my luck.

Last edited:

Thorzilla

Oct 28, 2017
Holy crap, we actually won this round, didn't we? Regardless, Vita and PS3 are alive once again and we should all get together and play some stuff online to show Sony just how much we care for those systems.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
So for someonw who's considering dabbling a bit in the PS3's more obscure digital library of exclusives (as well as some PS1 games), there's something that worries me. I guess it would be easy enough to nab a used Superslim, but is there a way of knowing for sure that the console has never been jailbroken?

I'd be using my PSN account in there to buy the games and I'd be terrified of getting my account banned. Is that even a thing to be worried about?

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
If anything good came from this whole mess for me is that it got me back on my PS3 and look into checking out some Vita games I had overlooked.

Same here. I've been wanting to go through my PS3 backlog for years and just kept putting it off. Now I'm playing the games and really enjoying them. There's still a lot of great content on the PS3 (and Vita) I want to go through so it should keep me occupied for a while yet.

Good point but one has to wonder if there wasn't potentially a better approach. Sony gets no points for me regarding them "listening to the community" when their regard for legacy content has been abysmal for years and the community has been saying so this entire time but falling upon deaf ears.

SO true. It's pretty obvious where their concern lies. Notice they didn't bother to say *when* they're extending it to. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened in the next 1 or 2 years.

These 35 PSP games will disappear when Sony closes its store
OP
OP
VirtuaModel

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think this might be useful.
35 PSP games will disappear when Sony closes its store

• 101-in-1 Megamix
  • Ape Quest
  • Armored Core: Last Raven Portable
  • Armored Core: Silent Line Portable
  • Armored Core 3 Portable
  • Beats
  • Black Rock Shooter – The Game
  • Brandish: The Dark Revenant
  • Carnage Heart EXA
  • Cho Aniki Zero
  • Cladun: This is an RPG!
  • Creature Defense
  • Crimson Room: Reverse
  • Dissidia 012 Prologus: Final Fantasy
  • Go! Puzzle
  • Gravity Crash Portable
  • Hot Shots Shorties Blue Pack
  • Hot Shots Shorties Green Pack
  • Hot Shots Shorties Red Pack
  • Hot Shots Shorties Yellow Pack
  • I am an Air Traffic Controller Airport Hero Tokyo
  • Kurulin Fusion
  • LocoRoco: Midnight Carnival
  • NeoGeo Heroes: Ultimate Shooting
  • No Heroes Allowed!
  • Numblast
  • Patchwork Heroes
  • Piyotama
  • Savage Moon: The Hera Campaign
  • Super Stardust Portable
  • Susume Tactics!
  • Talkman Travel: Paris
  • Talkman Travel: Rome
  • Talkman Travel: Tokyo
  • Thexder Neo

Adding this here. Thanks!

MotiD

Oct 26, 2017
How do PSP games on Vita work? Are they listed on the Vita store and will stay up after the PSP store closure or are they only listed on the PSP store?

Also does the announcement yesterday mean we're gonna deals on PS3/Vita games again?

Undrey

Oct 29, 2017
Well PS support is completely useless (thanks Alan). I'm trying to revoke the license for a game I bought 8 years ago but cannot find it in my transaction history for some reason. I've asked PS support for help and I get told to check my transaction history for my transactions.

Anyone have this issue of their licenses disappearing?

IonMagus

Banned
Feb 18, 2021
How do PSP games on Vita work? Are they listed on the Vita store and will stay up after the PSP store closure or are they only listed on the PSP store?

Also does the announcement yesterday mean we're gonna deals on PS3/Vita games again?

Yeah, PSP Games are included in the Vita Store under a Special PSP Tab. And no, I highly doubt it. They stopped sales in 2019

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017

Valkyria Chronicles 2? Daxter?
If you want more tactics:
- Tactics Ogre -- multiple choice story
- Wild Arms XF -- hexagonal srpg. took me a few tries to wrap my head around having 6 different direction. beautiful graphic.
- ZHP -- wackiest story from NIS, pretty fun.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, Wild Arms XF is a strategy RPG? Guess I'll cross that off the list, I figured it was another JRPG for the RPSPG machine.

I'll put the money towards getting the DLC for that PS3 version of DDR, assuming I can ever even find a damn copy of that game.

André

Oct 25, 2017
Europe
May someone please help me? I'm looking for a 1TB HDD (or SSD, if cheap) to store as many games on my PS3 as possible. Any recommendations? Thanks!

Koeing

Nov 8, 2018
May someone please help me? I'm looking for a 1TB HDD (or SSD, if cheap) to store as many games on my PS3 as possible. Any recommendations? Thanks!

This one is pretty good (HDD) for only $48: https://www.amazon.com/Blue-1TB-Mob...d=1&keywords=wd+2.5+hdd&qid=1618943570&sr=8-3

This is what I'm currently using in my PS3 (SSD):

I think most 1TB SSDs are around 100 right now.

Jun 29, 2020
Neverland

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
It's been half dead. The storefront gives you an error and won't let you do general browsing, but you can use the search function manually to find and purchase games.

Pretty sure everything on the PSP store is also on the PS3 store.

It is because you can load PSP games onto the PSP via the PS3.