TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In my life I started out with gamefaqs almost 20 years ago (maybe I'm misremembering that) and the migrated to Neogaf. I now find myself here and I like it, but I'd like to branch out.

What's good out there?

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Forums are kinda a thing of the past really, I used to go to a lot of them and even have my own but the interest in forums kinda died out with Reddit and Discord, ResetEra is the only one I post on nowadays.

Stonehands

Oct 27, 2017
I frequent these boards and reddit. Some subreddits like PCGaming, and the other more specific subreddits per game.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
None.

This is the only one.

I dont really investing time on forums as I used to - main reason why I come here is for the game announcements/discussions.

Last edited:

Magic

Oct 29, 2017
Just here.

Would be interesting to know what else is out there though that's popular, especially a UK-based community...

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
There's a few but you're gonna have to look them up as I'm pretty sure we're not able to cross link forums.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If there was a legit alternative, I'd at least check it out.

There really isn't, at least for me. Forums are long in the tooth dinosaurs, adjusting their spectacles while squinting up at the sky, trying to figure out what the heck that thing hurtling towards the earth is.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Reddit and Gamefaqs. Their community is much larger so game discussion of new releases don't die after a month. Discord if it counts too.

There's another site, and it's much smaller. But since it's pretty small, it's a tight knit community where everyone is pretty chill and like family. Don't really want to name it on here tho.

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017
I like to check in on the Waypoint forums most days. There's some good conversation there.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Knockout (where facepunch forum users migrated to after Gary shut down the Facepunch studios forum, mainly for the TF2 community but I do view and post in some other stuff)

MetaCouncil (where some of PC Era has migrated to after the way moderation was handled here regarding PC topics, including the Epic Games Store)

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
I spent too much time on Reddit, actually. The only reason why my post count is so low on era.

I hop once in a blue moon on Gamespot System Wars to see the old gang

Natasha Kerensky

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 18, 2019
Praha, CZ
most other gaming forums are littered with manbabies, while others are straight up nazi clubs, so I don't really go anywhere else because I do not want to spend my energy talking about how much gamers are oppressed when an anime titty is decreased by 8 pixels or for that matter, having any form of online vicinity to BigGamer_SturmFuhrer1488.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Just this one. I don't use Reddit or Discord because when something big happens there, it usually ends up appearing here anyways, which is nice.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I just look at Reddit every once in a while for certain games. They are more active there than here.

I don't have an account though.

Abhor

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Reddit, usually FFXIV subreddit otherwise mostly non-gaming. Discord for raiding and other stuff. That's it. Most of my time on Era is in etcetera.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Just this one. All the others I used to check out died years ago and GAF is well...GAF now.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
I used to post a bit on GameFAQs but apart from specific game board, the lack of moderation and overwhelming amount of trolls has made it too toxic. I don't post much on reddit but I use the site at least. I get my news from following various sites and people on Twitter, including accounts posting new Era threads.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Specific sub reddits mostly. I occasionally browse other forums to see reactions to certain things but don't often participate myself.

Lady Gaia

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
None. This is plenty to satisfy my gaming fix. It's well-moderated and there are enough insightful folks around to make it worth visiting regularly.

Nov 21, 2017
I used to frequent SomethingAwful. These days its just Reddit and ResetEra for me.

Funny thing is, I used to be a frequent poster in SA back in the day. Now I mostly lurk. I have barely scraped together 300 posts here, which is nothing!

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
/vg/ for a few different series. GameFAQs for niche games that don't get much discussion here.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017

Compared to how it was, yes. Forums were huge 10 years ago, everyone had a forum and was part one at least one, especially with Invisionfree around back then.

Have a look at communities now, even with big communities, for example; Giantbomb has a big audience and community but it's splintered between Youtube comments, the sub Reddit and the comment section on their videos. The twitch streamer CohhCarnage ( just as an example) has a big audience with a very good community but his forums are a ghost town and jumped over to a sub Reddit. Same with Kinda Funny, splendid community but most people nowadays stick to reddit or Twitch Chat or the dedicated chat like Giant Bomb while their community forums dry out.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Just this and specific Reddits. Other than that, Discord's my main go-to with friends' servers. And sometimes we leave our houses and kinda post on Reddit, but in-person and out loud? While in the same room, sat near each other. It's hard to explain. But we try that sometimes.

Lothar

Oct 25, 2017
Somethingawful forums. The only problem is it's all megathreads. But if some of them are things you're into it, it's honestly the best gaming forum.