HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
- Cheaper ported games compare to Switch ( Donkey Kong, Mario, Captain Toad )
- Yoshi Woolly World seem, at first ,a better game than the new one incoming on Switch .( or we can say a different game not on Switch yet, if Craft World end up being better than the demo )
- Better virtual console offering
- Web browser, Netflix
- Tons of other game exclusive for Wii U.

Its a console i feel im going to keep.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
A connective sense of online community. A cohesive atmosphere making it feel that your playing a Nintendo console due to its UI design and awesome menu musics.

Oct 25, 2017
In terms of games, on top of the retail games like W101, Kirby Rainbow Curse, Xenoblade X, etc that always go mentioned, it's also worth noting that the Wii U still has the only official Western release of Mother/Earthbound Beginnings and is the only place to easily play Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3e.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
The best game ever made AKA Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Sonic Lost World, the only good 3D Sonic to come out this generation.

Also the only Nintendo system to play a mainline modern Ninja Gaiden game.

Web browser (though the Youtube app is like 75% of what I used this for)

Miiverse, god damn I miss it.

But perhaps more important than all of this is the superb backwards compatibility and virtual console.

Fourth Storm

Oct 25, 2017
My Wii U is still hooked up and will stay that way for the foreseeable future. My daughter actually said she prefers it to Switch. 3D World is criminally underrated and I have alot of unfinished business with Wii BC and Virtual Console.

Zool

Oct 28, 2017
- Cheaper ported games compare to Switch ( Donkey Kong, Mario, Captain Toad )
- Yoshi Woolly World seem, at first ,a better game than the new one incoming on Switch .( or we can say a different game not on Switch yet, if Craft World end up being better than the demo )
- Better virtual console offering
- Web browser, Netflix
- Tons of other game exclusive for Wii U.

Its a console i feel im going to keep.
It lso has two call of duties, two ass creeds, tekken, mass effect, need for speed, deus ex et cetera. All third party games the Switch hasn't.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get holding it against the Switch for not being backwards compatible with Wii and Wii U games. It was a clear and necessary line break and how would that have even worked?

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Besides what everyone said...

Top 3 consoles to Homebrew to turn into a retro heaven, including non emulated GameCube games, Wii games and the best way to play DS games

Bang. I'm having an awesome time playing GameCube games on the gamepad screen. Dolphin is nice for its enhancements, but it comes with a fair amount of emulation problems whereas the Wii U plays GC games natively.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
May get killed for this but Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival was sort of fun as a casual couch game with some nice AC fanservice. It's not an engaging game and it's not worth $60 but if you like board games, Animal Crossing and have someone else like that to play with then it can be worth a shot. Mario & Sonic at the Sochi Olympic Games was fun too as a casual couch game. the Rio Olympics one though, not so much.

Sonic: Lost World's Wii U version is underrated IMO and one of the better 3D Sonic games. The 3DS version is not the same and much worse.

horkrux

Oct 27, 2017
VC is largely garbage on WiiU, but you also have access to the entire Wii and GC library on that console. It's not useless by any stretch of the imagination

Nov 10, 2017
A way more comfortable controller. A touchscreen with a stylus for precise controls. I predict many will miss the WiiU when it comes to trying to make levels in Mario Maker. Some amazing party games and high score games, including Nintendoland and Game and Wario (games that still get played by my kids).

Some really fun and inventive coop experiences, like one player using the touchscreen in Rayman. Or using the game pad as a map screen with two pairs of Wii remotes and nunchucks for coop Pikmin 3.

Offscreenplay that is superior in comfort to switch's hand cramped design. A real dpad which comes in hand for some great 2d experiences. An amazing an underrated social network, Miiverse, filled with positivity.

Wii U was awesome. I still play it.

QuadOpto

Nov 7, 2017
People have probably said this before, but Internet Browser/ TV Remote.

Wii U's still the easiest and most low effort way for me to watch stuff online while I use my computer for something else, like work.

The "large, clunky" gamepad also makes for a pretty good portable second screen...

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
But what is the etc etc exactly?! Seems like you named em all

The ones no one cares about.

Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival
Barbie: Dreamhouse Part
Devil's Third
Disney Planes
ESPN Sports Connection
Family Party 30 Great Games: Obstacle Arcade
Funky Barn
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
Mario Party 10
Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash
Monster High: 13 Wishes
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (OK, maybe people care about this one - I just forgot it in my initial list)
The Penguins of Madagascar
Rabbids Land
Rodea the Sky Soldier
Sing Party
Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric
Sonic Lost World
Tank! Tank! Tank!
Transformers: Prime The Game
Ultimate NES Remix Pack
Wii Fit U
Wii Party U
Wii Sports Club
Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2013

Deleted member 47318

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 1, 2018
The Virtual Console is the biggest miss; I would gladly pay Nintendo to get all those old titles in a legal manner.

The remaining bigger releases will make it over for sure.

OuterLimits

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
GBA. Never owned one so playing Advance Wars, and earlier Fire Emblem was great. Oh plus FFTA and Golden Sun.

Some games still trapped on Wii U like Xeno X, Pikmin 3, Tokyo Mirage, etc...
Miiverse was pretty cool.
Netflix

deroli

Nov 5, 2017
Germany
Great prices for games:

bildschirmfoto2019-0238ko5.png

Murtio Foo

Jan 28, 2018
With the success the re-releases so far you would think they continue to use them to fill out calendar years going forward.

These make sense to think are possibilities to come out:

Most likely:
Super Mario 3-D world
Pikmin 3
Star Fox Zero

Possible:
Wonderful 101
Zelda: Wind Waker 3D
Twilight Princess HD

Less likely:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Yoshi's Woolly World
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Paper Mario Color Splash.
Tokyo Mirage Sessions

Machine Law

Oct 26, 2017
Currently Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Xenoblade Chronicles X are the only Wii U games that I wish were ported to Switch.

Other games that I don't really care about but that I may try them out on Switch are Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Wind Waker HD and Pikmin 3.

FreddeGredde

Oct 27, 2017
Asymmetric multiplayer. We took out the ol' Wii U at a game party recently, and had more fun with Nintendo Land and the Pictionary game in Game&Wario than Smash.

OH, and there's no frikkin' 2 players locally online for Smash on Switch. Biggest disappointment ever.

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That are really worth playing. Will probably get ports to Switch imo.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
Pikmin 3
Super Mario 3D World

Fun but flawed (some use the gamepad too much to hinder a straight port). These will probably remain on wiiu imo

Nintendo Land
Wonderful 101
Paper Mario: Color Splash
Star Fox Zero + Guard
Xenoblade Chronicles X

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
Virtual Console on Wii U is much better than Switch's offerings. I like having the GBA Castlevania games on it in particular.