• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bought the RT-AX86U! Should arrive Monday. I debated going Note 20 Ultra after this whole xCloud / iOS debacle, but I just can't give up all these interoperability advantages in sticking with Apple. So I will still be buying an iPhone and using OneCast for Xbox in-home streaming.

Still left to go:

iPhone 12 Pro Max
Razer Kishi for iOS
Xbox Series X
PS5
PS5 Digital Edition preordered from Best Buy!
Razer Kishi for iOS is ordered and should be here early next week!

Just Xbox Series X and iPhone 12 Pro Max to go.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
What do you guys/gals use the Razer Kishi for? Ar eyou playing Apple arcade or something else on there?

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
PS5 Digital Edition, but that's a short term "bullshit" things as I'm sure I'll get one eventually, just doesn't look worth it at launch.

Also considering a Kishi as well. As for what I'd want to use it for, it's mostly for remote play and Steam Link stuff. Not to play mobile games, but PC and PS4 games on the go.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I bought an 86" TV, a new laptop, and will get a PS5/Xbox if/when I can.

All of these are unnecessary and pretty stupid purchases for me.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Preordered a Quest 2 and the Elite strap with the battery in it. I only bought my Quest 4 months ago.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What do you guys/gals use the Razer Kishi for? Ar eyou playing Apple arcade or something else on there?
Playstation Remote Play works with Kishi on iOS. And the OneCast app works with iOS for Xbox in-home console streaming right now. Hopefully Microsoft releases their official Console Streaming app (not xCloud) on iOS soon as well.

Other than that? Yeah, Apple Arcade and other mobile games.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
I just pre-ordered a PS5 and 3 games and now I want to buy a 3080 despite owning a 2070 Super lol

it never ends man

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Me too! Even though I own a bunch of nice automatic watches....at least my company will cover $300 of the cost as a fitness benefit?
I'd say it's not total bullshit but during covid when I'm at home all the time I think it would be off my wrist for the majority of the day. If you can get $300 then just get a free SE lol.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Thinking of getting an ultrawide 21:9 monitor, could be good for WFH, but also for games/movies.

Joe White

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
KEF LSX, possibly in red
LSX_maroon_1024x1024.png

Initial plan was to go for some soundbar, but great 2.0 might be enough for our setup.

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
Ordered 44mm Apple Watch (space grey aluminum) delivery before end of month
Ordered Anker Soundcore Liberty Air 2's to go with watch (came today, sound better than I was expecting and way less than Airpod pro's +they are black!)
Ordered grey Switch lite (finally got one at retail)
PS5 preorder tomorrow if I can manage to get
Oculus Quest 2 pre-ordered
Mario Game&Watch pre-ordered
BIQU BX 3D printer reservation
Xbox is undecided at the moment....

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
just ordered 970 evo plus 1tb . I know no games will utilize those speeds this year , but eh

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Purchased some acrylic on canvas art from a local painter for our bedroom.

$800 listed; ended up being offered the piece for $600 since we had purchased a piece before. I really enjoy supporting local artists/creatives, and I do think nice works on the wall make a place feel more like home. But it's unnecessary, for sure.

I'm gonna go... 5/10 bullshit?

Dec 25, 2018
Nexus Pro by adventure force. It's a dart blaster that shoots 150 feet per second out of the box. Just insane. Meanwhile nerf is falling behind big time lately. A normal nerf is like 70fps usually

Last edited:

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Bought the Xbox Series X

To buy:
Kindle Oasis - anyone have this and like it?
Logitech MX Keys
May buy PS5 down the line when I can afford it.

OP
OP
PersonAndStuff
Oct 27, 2017
In 2016, I bought a decent microphone with the idea of doing a podcast or some streaming. I did some test podcasts but eventually fell off. And the mic has just been sitting. Well, while adjusting it, a little clip on the shock mount broke. And I immediately bought a new one. For what is proven over time to be bullshit.

That Guy

Nov 13, 2017
A weighted blanket
iPad Air 4 - when are they going to start taking preorders?!
A Sandqvist bag - my last one lasted 5-6 years but finally broke, time for a new one

orlock

Oct 28, 2017
Gravastar speaker (the uhhh smaller one, Venus, i think?). we need a new speaker for our little turntable set up, and i want to get something that suits my aesthetic a little more than the standard portable bluetooth speaker we've used before. also, ill use it as a backdrop to showcase some sci-fi minis from my collection (i like collecting tabletop miniatures). this one is i guess only really "bullshit" in that its technically something we'd like to have that would serve a legitimate purpose, but i want to pay more for something because it looks cool.

GravaStar-Speakers-White-889437-._w500_.jpg

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I bought 3 years of Xbox Live Gold and converted all of it to ultimate for $1. Total came out to be ~$103

Been enjoying a little bit of Game Pass on PC.

I've already ordered a PS5, but I don't think it's a BS purchase because it has BC, I'm using a gift cash to preordered, and I will likely just trade in my PS4 Pro for credit.

I now need to buy an Xbox One controller, but will just for sale.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
Bought the Xbox Series X

To buy:
Kindle Oasis - anyone have this and like it?
Logitech MX Keys
May buy PS5 down the line when I can afford it.

I love my Oasis. Realistically it's not THAT much better then the cheaper models, but I use it every day so it was worth it to me to have the best model. The larger screen is awesome (though I really wish they'd release an 8" model, that would be the perfect size IMO) and I love the page turn buttons. The asymmetric design is pretty cool too, though if you get one of Amazon's cases you can't really use the "handle," which is odd.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I love my Oasis. Realistically it's not THAT much better then the cheaper models, but I use it every day so it was worth it to me to have the best model. The larger screen is awesome (though I really wish they'd release an 8" model, that would be the perfect size IMO) and I love the page turn buttons. The asymmetric design is pretty cool too, though if you get one of Amazon's cases you can't really use the "handle," which is odd.

I ordered one today. I feel like the size difference between the paperwhite looks significant just by looking online but I can't tell. I just love physical books but at the same time, I love minimalistic household as well and I definitely need to clean up here.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dunno about the others but a weighted blanket is absolutely worth it. Damn things are amazing
They are annoying when it's a couple sleeping in the same bed though and only one wants it. They get discombobulated and it makes it nearly impossible to cuddle.

I like mine but only really when my wife is out of town. Otherwise it just gets tangled or bunched up.

OP
OP
PersonAndStuff
Oct 27, 2017
A whiteboard. I already have a whiteboard but I don't use it a lot, largely because it's pretty hard to erase from it. It was a super cheap whiteboard six years ago. So now I'm going to buy a less cheap one.

BigGreenMat

Nov 2, 2017
I bought a PSE Stinger Max compound bow with all the fixings. I'd like to hunt at some point, but also just start shooting more.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I'll also like to buy a standing desk so I can start working better at home. This sitting down in one room the whole time is frustrating.