Pyccko

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Some of the more expensive amiibos I missed during their runs. Spending $100+ AMERICAN on a useless figurine is kind of tough tho

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't buy it but my parents bought me a Nespresso machine as well as about 100 pods of italian coffee. Nespresso machine hasn't come in yet but I am really excited to try lots of different types of pods for the machine.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
So store near me was closing and it was 80 percent of everything so I decided ya know what I'm gonna get a nerf gun to just play with for 20 minutes

A simple revolver need gun.....

WHAT THE HELL DO THEY MAKE NERF WITH NOWADAYS ?

This fucking thing is mechanical and fires darts up to 200 ft like it revs up and wow this ain't like the old school nerf guns.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
I want to buy 3 vive trackers and 2 base stations to go full tracking in VR. I really don't need it, it's super expensive and im doing my best to hold off.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
The nordictrack s22i. My wife and I have been saving up for a fitness back for a while now. No credit cards or payment plans.

This is our first big purchase after becoming 100% debt free.

opticalmace

Oct 27, 2017
Pulled the trigger on a Herman Miller Aeron yesterday. I've used one at work and it was great, so it's probably worth the investment... the 12 year warranty is nice.

Lot more than I've ever spent on furniture though lol.

Doby

Oct 25, 2017
A cheap but capable Chromebook to run Andriod apps, problem is all the cheap ones aren't particularly capable.

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
Been looking into getting an Air Fryer. Covid has upped my cooking by 1000%, so I've been looking to change up some of the cooking methods.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I fucking love this robot vacuum, holy shit. The spaces under the bed and couch have never been so clean.

Trike

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I've been thinking about getting a raspberry pi and making my own portable retropie console. But my ambition is bigger than my skill and experience :(

FriendlyNPC

Oct 27, 2017
Era, I just spent 350€s (~415$) on teawear. As far as I am concerned this is peak bullshit, but I love it 😂. I was contemplating this for a long while since it's not a reasonable way to spend money:

Dobin Kyusu:
1-japanische-teekannejbja2.jpg

4x Handcrafted Clay Teacups

Tablet to serve on:

Last edited:

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, actually I didn't! What video are you talking about?

It's more like, I have been a big green tea drinker for quite a few years and always wanted something nice looking to serve to guests. And finally I just couldn't resist anymore.
Ah that makes sense too lol.

There was a video a few days ago that showed the pour difference between Chinese tea pots. Some splashed a lot, while the best one didn't splash at all. It was amazing. I always thought a teapot was just a teapot.

Demon-69

Oct 15, 2018
Somewhere
An electric guitar Arrow 401 ESP, and I don't even know how to use it but thought of picking one up and try to learn always wanted to own a guitar.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I just bought Leica camera. Probably one of the most frivolous purchases I ever made

But takes good photos tho

Dope!!! I just did the same - picked up an M10 Monochrom and 50 Cron APO. Literally an (adult) life-long dream - have wanted one for about ~11 or so years. Have only had it for a couple weeks but there are very few luxury goods in life that I think live up to that kind of hype - but so far, this thing has. What'd you get? What do you shoot? What are you coming from?

PawPrints

Oct 30, 2017
Dope!!! I just did the same - picked up an M10 Monochrom and 50 Cron APO. Literally an (adult) life-long dream - have wanted one for about ~11 or so years. Have only had it for a couple weeks but there are very few luxury goods in life that I think live up to that kind of hype - but so far, this thing has. What'd you get? What do you shoot? What are you coming from?

I picked up the Leica Q. I absolutely love it esp the black and white images. Which makes me lust for a Leica Monochrome even more now. Must be a dream using that thing. I am def saving up for a Leica M moving forward.

I love rangefinder styles. My main camera has been the Fuji Xpro1 and 2 (and a Sony rx100 go for sneaking into concerts). And also got the XT4 recently. Leica Q is my first full frame camera, I love everything about it. The images just pop. The Fuji is great too, their image quality has that analog feel to it.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
Just put down $630 for a new proccessor and motherboard. But wait thats only half of what i need to buy. Will need to put down another 750 for the gpu in a few weeks.

all that just for gaming. I dont use it for productivity.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I picked up the Leica Q. I absolutely love it esp the black and white images. Which makes me lust for a Leica Monochrome even more now. Must be a dream using that thing. I am def saving up for a Leica M moving forward.

I love rangefinder styles. My main camera has been the Fuji Xpro1 and 2 (and a Sony rx100 go for sneaking into concerts). And also got the XT4 recently. Leica Q is my first full frame camera, I love everything about it. The images just pop. The Fuji is great too, their image quality has that analog feel to it.

Wow - very similar story here. Moved away from Canon in ~2013 with a used XPro 1... up until a couple weeks ago, have been shooting Fuji exclusively across my X-T2 and X-H1 and an assortment of their best primes. Amazing system - exceptional color science, lovely film simulations, and I just adore having my primary adjustments on a physical dial versus digging through menus. A Leica was always a "grail," but the Fuji - if I'm being honest - is more than adequate for my skill set and easily handles anything I need. But I'm finally in a position to swing for said grail, and I couldn't be happier. It's just utterly sublime to shoot with - all the wonderful features of my Fuji kit... yet somehow even MORE distilled. More focused. A singular product for a singular purpose. Really happy.

That all said, the Q is an incredible piece of kit. Even smaller. Some nice-to-haves like AF. Better weather sealing. And of course the same superlative Leica quality lens. I've heard it's a gateway to the M many times, but no regardless it's an exceptional camera. Have fun shooting! Do you have an Insta or something to follow?

the_bromo_tachi

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Japan
I want to get back into running and thinking about buying some wireless headphones. The powerbeats pro are going for the equivalent of $200.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
A used home theater.... i check them everyday, but i really don't know a lot about it. Mine is a old Yamaha i bought 12 years ago, and i think it missing a little punch with my new tv.

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
I'm suddenly in the market for a digital keyboard. Haven't really played at all in 20 years, but used to be pretty good. Have a hard ceiling of $1500, and am willing to drop 800-1000 no problem. Just trying to figure out exactly what I want. I'm more concerned with the 'action' I guess or feel of the keys, I want them to be realistic so that I can transition between it and real pianos without any adjusting. Also want it portable and not a part of one of those upright piano looking things. Also maybe some sort of connectivity to a computer, maybe for practicing/exercises software, maybe for recording, I dunno. Any ideas?

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
This $10k massage chair.

Get The Best Massage Chair

Let our Experts at EasyMassageChair.com help you choose the best massage chair based on your needs and budget. We have promos and special offers so contact us now!

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
got a random little bonus at work so feeling the need to throw it away on something

PawPrints

Oct 30, 2017
Wow - very similar story here. Moved away from Canon in ~2013 with a used XPro 1... up until a couple weeks ago, have been shooting Fuji exclusively across my X-T2 and X-H1 and an assortment of their best primes. Amazing system - exceptional color science, lovely film simulations, and I just adore having my primary adjustments on a physical dial versus digging through menus. A Leica was always a "grail," but the Fuji - if I'm being honest - is more than adequate for my skill set and easily handles anything I need. But I'm finally in a position to swing for said grail, and I couldn't be happier. It's just utterly sublime to shoot with - all the wonderful features of my Fuji kit... yet somehow even MORE distilled. More focused. A singular product for a singular purpose. Really happy.

That all said, the Q is an incredible piece of kit. Even smaller. Some nice-to-haves like AF. Better weather sealing. And of course the same superlative Leica quality lens. I've heard it's a gateway to the M many times, but no regardless it's an exceptional camera. Have fun shooting! Do you have an Insta or something to follow?

*fist bump

I only use Fuji primes as well. I love their color science and film simulations, esp since I like to shoot jpegs a lot. And the look and ergonomics just makes me wanna take photos, like the Leicas. They seem to go well together. The Q does feel like a gateway to their Ms...cuz it's getting me hooked on their brand now.

I only had a Facebook profile, which I deleted recently. But I might join Flickr or IG some time :)

Bad Advice

Jan 8, 2019
Those small (smart?) wallets with RFID protection. Don't need it all but I think it looks cool.

6/10 bullshit

A Samsung Galaxy Watch 3. Same reason, I think it looks cool and I finally want my first smart watch. Several years of Casio F-91W is cool but I want something a little more 'adult' for work.

6/10 bullshit

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I've been buying instant rice do you know the kind for the microwave. I then tried to make rice the old fashion way on the stove I didn't do a good job. So I'm buying a Zojirushi rice cooker. Also kind of surprised that my iPhone could translate me saying zojirushi into the correct word

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
What I want to buy:

1. Monster RGB Sound Bar (For maximum RGB Love)
2. iCUE LT100 Smart Lighting Towers Starter Kit
3. New CPU(Ryse 3900x) and Mobo( Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII ) for my PC

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
So store near me was closing and it was 80 percent of everything so I decided ya know what I'm gonna get a nerf gun to just play with for 20 minutes

A simple revolver need gun.....

WHAT THE HELL DO THEY MAKE NERF WITH NOWADAYS ?

This fucking thing is mechanical and fires darts up to 200 ft like it revs up and wow this ain't like the old school nerf guns.
Oh yeah, you'd be surprised at what engineering marvel goes into Nerf guns. I'm pretty sure Hasbro has legit mechanical engineers and industrial designers that hold PhDs and doctorates among their staff. It's got to be a fun job with its set of challenges.

According to the Nerf Wikipedia page, in 2015, they started designing guns aimed at the 14+ crowd. What that really meant was adults bored in offices who wanted office antics every now and then. 😆 Also, the reason they made darts that fire so far was because of competition from third-party darts including from China.

This $10k massage chair.

Get The Best Massage Chair

Let our Experts at EasyMassageChair.com help you choose the best massage chair based on your needs and budget. We have promos and special offers so contact us now!
Holy crap! They look like the massage chairs I see at rest stops whenever I go to upstate NY but on steroids. I can sure use a good full body massage since my muscles are as stiff as a rock. But with the pandemic, massage parlors and spas aren't opening any time soon. I have to see a video of it in action. You're probably going to be on cloud nine with that bad boy!

On a much smaller scale, my last BS purchase was a Nike male torso mannequin with a stand I got for $15 at Modell's last weekend. According to the manager, mannequins cost more to make than to sell these days so I got a hell of a deal. Even my mom was impressed. They usually go for $300 since they have magnetic attachable arms. I bought it with the intention of using it to better display t-shirts I put up for sale on eBay. We'll see if it helps my sales increase. But it looks pretty legit!

If worst comes to worst, I can always flip it for a nice profit locally. I'm sure fashion designers, cosplayers, costume designers, and fashion students could use a mannequin in the future. 7/10 BS.

I have a bunch of cordless clippers and a hair cape in my cart but I haven't bit the bullet on them. And I want some art supplies because of reasons.

DireStr8s

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was 15% off so I don't feel too bad
masienda.com

Doña Rosa Tortilla Press

Meet our best-selling tortilla press, voted best tortilla press by countless experts. It's made of rolled carbon steel and calibrated to make a range of tortilla thicknesses possible. Plus it's powder-coated in food-safe paint here in the States.

Darren Lamb

Dec 1, 2017
Bought:

$80 Galaxy Buds+: I have bought so many pairs of earbuds and headphones over the past year or so. I kept cheaping out on bluetooth ones for running and nothing ever really worked as well as I had hoped. I am liking these Galaxy Buds+ a lot though, wish the case held more charges but the tips actually fit in my ears and the ambient noise control is really nice to have, even if it feels bizarre to hear things through the microphone. Got em "Like New" and they don't seem used at all

$20 Doom Eternal: Impulse buy, thought it was a good price considering it'll get a next gen patch

$150 Healthy Rips Fury Edge: I have a dry herb vape pen but it's a bit shitty. I had the Mighty in my cart originally which would have been $110 more, sadly proud that I picked something cheaper, but it'll still do everything I need it to

Thinking of buying:

Robot Vaccum: We'll probably pull the trigger on this at some point, maybe when my EV rebate comes in. A decent one on slickdeals was 300 which sounds about right

Wedding stuff: I dunno what we're going to do, I don't really want a wedding but the gf goes back and forth on it. Long honeymoon/elopement is my choice

House: Lol. Doesn't look like we're getting a price correction here, inventory is low and prices are still very high. I am trying to get ready to possibly take advantage of something happening in the winter but otherwise I'll wait a couple of years to save and pay off my student debt completely. Between the two of us I think we could get 100k or so together but that would probs not pay 20% down for anything in the towns we were looking in