BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
i expect them to change so much that the campaign will only faintly resemble the original at parts.

But if FFXV is any indication?

FFXV_EpisodeKenny-1.jpg

alot more quirky FF7 stuff is safe than you'd initially think would be safe.

I hope they dont remove anything from the original but this is Post 6th gen SE so...

Also Episode Kenny!!!!!! Would make FFXV my GOTY lmao.

Giever

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Rufus wanting to borrow the Tiny Bronco to go after Sephiroth was kind of a weird plot device. He runs a corporation that basically rules most of the planet and probably has tons of planes and travel options at his disposal.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
One tiny thing, it's not so much a content change but more a change in hindsight. In the original FF7 you can find some old artifacts inside Shinra's Building. They should change these to be FFX artifacts now that they confirmed they exist in the same universe. I think it would be a nice treat.

Link to Interview, 4:12 min in.

They don't need to go all out. Just a small little reference for those fans who wondered for years.

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like Rufus wanting to borrow the Tiny Bronco to go after Sephiroth was kind of a weird plot device. He runs a corporation that basically rules most of the planet and probably has tons of planes and travel options at his disposal.

While I don't see them making changes like this (like this being because something didn't make much sense) that was weird. Even with no highwind they still had all those Gelnika style planes lol.

A couple of other things that bothered me was that the rocket hitting meteor had no change regardless of whether or not there were 0 or all of the huge materia inside (obviously they had to make it be the same but just seemed dumb) and I didn't like how fast and dramatic Sephiroth's transformation was. You'd expect him to go out and seek more answers from midgar or something. Reading a few books and then going that berserk that quickly seemed dumb.

One tiny thing, it's not so much a content change but more a change in hindsight. In the original FF7 you can find some old artifacts inside Shinra's Building. They should change these to be FFX artifacts now that they confirmed they exist in the same universe. I think it would be a nice treat.

Link to Interview, 4:12 min in.

They don't need to go all out. Just a small little reference for those fans who wondered for years.

lol noooo please don't encourage this lazy connection. Would be a bit funny though.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
lol noooo please don't encourage this lazy connection. Would be a bit funny though.

Eh. I don't think it's that lazy. The stuff in FFX-2 seems like it really was written with the idea of there being that connection. Lazy I feel like would have been just naming the character in FFX-2 Shinra and then using that sole fact that base the theory off of.

Plus not asking them to develop FF7 Remake with this history in mind. Just altering one room of the Shinra Building.

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Eh. I don't think it's that lazy. The stuff in FFX-2 seems like it really was written with the idea of there being that connection. Lazy I feel like would have been just naming the character in FFX-2 Shinra and then using that sole fact that base the theory off of.

Plus not asking them to develop FF7 Remake with this history in mind. Just altering one room of the Shinra Building.

I think that farplane energy + shinra character being the extent of the apparent connection is the lazy part. Just the character would be lazier but because there is nothing beyond that stuff, it seems really tacked on.

I guess there is that dumb dirge of cereberus stuff too but whatever.

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if Nomura and company are finding that attempting a photorealistic take on FF7 is a mistake. It's such a fundamentally silly and silly-looking game. I really wonder how they're going to approach some of this stuff, particularly stuff of massive scale like the Ruby/Emerald Weapons. Or stuff that just looks all kinds of weird and don't make any sort of sense at all, like the multiple Jenova Fights and the Sephiroth boss fights.

WTF is this supposed to be?
latest

Or this?

latest

I imagine big changes overall, so much that the original "journey" is barely recognizable. I also expect a bunch of towns to get the big axe. I honestly don't see how this project comes to fruition in a way that lives up to the collective expectations of FF7 fans. Plus the whole episodic shit, who knows when we'll see the conclusion to this thing, if an episode ever comes out, that is

When you think about it, the idea of a FF7 Remake is just madness.

They've already brought back some monster designs from older games in FFXIV and it looks great there.

Will look even better in the remake for sure.

Disposition

Nov 5, 2017
Am I the only one that didn't want them to change anything, but just the graphics? Sure some quality of life choices in gameplay, but I'm so scared I'm not going to like this remake.

Jan 2, 2018
Massachusetts
Little goofy things will be lost, like when Aeris's mom is telling how she waited for her husband at a train station, and dudes are returning from war, and this one fat guy's wife lifted him up and spun him around.

I'm gonna miss shit like that.

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
holy shit this is amazing lmao
I just noticed I linked some english version. Even minus weebery, the original is better. rewatch pls.

Little goofy things will be lost, like when Aeris's mom is telling how she waited for her husband at a train station, and dudes are returning from war, and this one fat guy's wife lifted him up and spun him around.

I'm gonna miss shit like that.

That could still be in. Someone would have to remember about it and put it in on purpose, but even if it wasn't during that specific scene, seeing some fat npc swing around another npc at a Midgar train station would be a nice detail!

BrunOz

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I hope they go nuts and retain most of the weird stuff and it will be the best Final Fantasy in years, every recent Final Fantasy release is so full of melodrama, we need a goddamn break from that.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they go nuts and retain most of the weird stuff and it will be the best Final Fantasy in years, every recent Final Fantasy release is so full of melodrama, we need a goddamn break from that.
i don't know 15 is full of weird goofy shit
tumblr_p3ifn01R6k1qgio5qo1_500.gif

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017

Spent a while looking for the room you were talking about since I didn't remember it well. You meant this one right?

BApEJHl.png

I think those are just random ShinRa goods. Making them random FFX items would be funny though. Add a Blitzball or something.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Spent a while looking for the room you were talking about since I didn't remember it well. You meant this one right?

BApEJHl.png

I think those are just random ShinRa goods. Making them random FFX items would be funny though. Add a Blitzball or something.

Nah, the room is even smaller than that. Doesn't even have it's own loading room. It's like a closet on one of Shinra's floor that when you interact with something in the room says it's some old artifact. I'll try to find it. I know in the latest GDQ speed run of FF7 they briefly showed it.

Mzo

Nov 30, 2017
The ending where Holy deems mankind a threat to the planet and wipes them out, leaving only nature in its wake. It's already been retconned by the money-grubbing spinoffs so there's no way it's still in place.

This was the only FF game with no epilogues for its human protagonists (or any if what we see are Red XIII's descendants. The possibility was heavily implied in-game.

I'm also not feeling this episodic BS. The only thing worse than no FF7 remake is an incomplete FF7 remake.

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
The ending where Holy deems mankind a threat to the planet and wipes them out, leaving only nature in its wake. It's already been retconned by the money-grubbing spinoffs so there's no way it's still in place.
This was the only FF game with no epilogues for its human protagonists (or any if what we see are Red XIII's descendants. The possibility was heavily implied in-game.
I'm also not feeling this episodic BS. The only thing worse than no FF7 remake is an incomplete FF7 remake.

I dunno, humanity wans't that bad. Wipe out Midgar and the rest of the world was basically fine. No one else was really harming the planet aside from the small mako reactors Shinra installed in places, and even those aren't that plentiful. Some of the WEAPON targets didn't even make sense. Obviously Diamond going at Midgar was fine, as was Saphire at Junon, but why was Ruby wiggling around Gold Saucer? Even in its decadence it didn't seem too planet harmish.

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
I honestly just hope that the comparative amount of Midgar get multiplied. Thats the best city in a Final fantasy game. And probaply in any other game.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I realllllly hope disguised Red is still in the game somehow. It's to hilarious not to be.

I don't think Cid and Shera's relationship will be changed that much. Cid's Not meant to be the good guy there. Will probably tone down Shera blaming herself though.

I think the implied sex scene will stay. Games have done worse and I think they can get away with something while keeping a T rating. Heck FFX kinda did the same thing.
I'm willing to bet to you that the so called sex scene will not be more obvious in the remake than in the original. What are you betting? It simply wont. Present day Japan wont have the balls to heavily imply that one of the most iconic female jrpg characters is anything but a virginal character. A virginal "waifu" as kids call them these days.

A subtle implication might be included, one that they'll never confirm or deny, but its never going to be an obvious one.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm willing to bet to you that the so called sex scene will not be more obvious in the remake than in the original. What are you betting? It simply wont. Present day Japan wont have the balls to heavily imply that one of the most iconic female jrpg characters is anything but a virginal character. A virginal "waifu" as kids call them these days.

A subtle implication might be included, one that they'll never confirm or deny, but its never going to be an obvious one.

I mean the Persona games and modern Fire Emblem's are still pretty waifu and you still have all the implied sex scenes in them.

TLSLex

Oct 26, 2017
Scotland
https://thelifestream.net/news/fina...rienting-game-techniques-in-the-ffvii-remake/

Thought this was a kind of interesting read about how the psychological moments in the game might be addressed. Curious to see what the cloud's mind lifestream sequence will look like. Also never noticed the different Nibelheim renders :think:

I came here to post this :P

It's interesting to think about how they're going to implement the maze-like feeling of an area like Temple of the Ancients.

Nov 1, 2017
FL, United States
If they remove any of what you mentioned, I will riot. Especially the fort condor minigame ! If Yakuza can throw so many minigames with far less budget, FF7 Remake could definitely do it !

It makes sense to me. Gold Saucer is capitalist extravagance, that the tramway that leads to it comes from an impoverished refugee camp that were displaced because of the Shinra shows the divide in class.

I would compare it to most major western theme parks (ie: Disney World). There's a major highway system that leads straight to the park in every direction. You can stay in Disney World for over a week and not run into a single slum, even though there's abject poverty all throughout Orlando.

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
I came here to post this :P

It's interesting to think about how they're going to implement the maze-like feeling of an area like Temple of the Ancients.
I wonder if they'll include the ancients themselves. It's kind of weird when you think about Aeris supposedly being the last ancient but then you see these nerds
wKfI2Az.png

Furyous

Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Main thing is that 300,000 gil mansion rendered in widescreen 1080p with a bunch of extras including dungeons, hangout spot, parking spot, chocobo parking spot, bar, and all. I want it permanent meaning if I replay the game it becomes my permanent home base to teleport to whenever I want.

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Main thing is that 300,000 gil mansion rendered in widescreen 1080p with a bunch of extras including dungeons, hangout spot, parking spot, chocobo parking spot, bar, and all. I want it permanent meaning if I replay the game it becomes my permanent home base to teleport to whenever I want.
You want dungeons inside the costa del sol mansion?? Deep lore.

And maybe move it to the beach so when you're using it as a relax spot there can be DLC swimsuit outfits to use.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they'll include the ancients themselves. It's kind of weird when you think about Aeris supposedly being the last ancient but then you see these nerds
wKfI2Az.png
I always took that Ancient you saw in the Temple of the Ancients as being a sorta "spirit guardian" of the temple. Maybe was tasked to this job via a special magic or Materia that utilized special Cetra knowledge unknown to anybody else in the modern world.

I think this character WILL make an appearance, but I wonder if they will change his design. Him and the Chocobo Sage were basically FFVII's take on the classic FF "Black Mage". That look might not feel in place in a realistic FFVII world.

Then again, I wanna see if they include that Time Guardian, the floating mouth in the center of the clock-like area of the Temple. That, along with the Gi Nattak's pre-battle appearance (the stone face that suddenly comes to life and does a goofy face) are things I always though were strange, yet fitting in not only FFVII, but the series as a whole. FF, as a series, never truly took itself too seriously, so gutting the goofy and strange things, IMO, would rob the game of some of its essence.

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
I always took that Ancient you saw in the Temple of the Ancients as being a sorta "spirit guardian" of the temple. Maybe was tasked to this job via a special magic or Materia that utilized special Cetra knowledge unknown to anybody else in the modern world.

I think this character WILL make an appearance, but I wonder if they will change his design. Him and the Chocobo Sage were basically FFVII's take on the classic FF "Black Mage". That look might not feel in place in a realistic FFVII world.

Then again, I wanna see if they include that Time Guardian, the floating mouth in the center of the clock-like area of the Temple. That, along with the Gi Nattak's pre-battle appearance (the stone face that suddenly comes to life and does a goofy face) are things I always though were strange, yet fitting in not only FFVII, but the series as a whole. FF, as a series, never truly took itself too seriously, so gutting the goofy and strange things, IMO, would rob the game of some of its essence.
Gi Nattak face was scary enough as is. Would probably give people literal heart attacks if it looked too real ;_;

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
they way they talk about the game i'd be more interested in knowing what will actually make it over from the original. i imagine tons of cuts will be made.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much every romantic link in 3 or 4(and at least a few in 5) seem to imply you have sex. "You spent a long time with" and all that.
maxresdefault.jpg

Elizabeth was probably the most explicit about it.

I haven't played those so I'll take your word for it. They're also M rated games which isn't not FF's case and these are all optional, are they not? They're not part of the canonical story every gamer will go through?

I highly doubt they'd have the balls to have their iconic, and very established waifu before waifus existed Tifa have obvious implied sex in a scripted sequence everyone must play through. There's no way.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played those so I'll take your word for it. They're also M rated games which isn't not FF's case and these are all optional, are they not? They're not part of the canonical story every gamer will go through?

I highly doubt they'd have the balls to have their iconic, and very established waifu before waifus existed Tifa have obvious implied sex in a scripted sequence everyone must play through. There's no way.

I mean isn't the Tifa scene technically optional too? You need high affection for the suggestive one to play.

That being said there's really no way to know till the game comes out.