Oct 31, 2017
Someone gotta make a FFVII version of this gif, lol:

anVZNqR.gif

This is my favorite gif of all time tbh

Nov 13, 2017
I think the Honey Bee Inn and the Don Conero sections will get changed significantly, which I wouldn't be surprised about. Those sections are terrible when put under modern scrutiny.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Why would any of that need to be changed?
Don Corneo and his men are attempted rapists and their harassment is played for laughs, like the scene where one is chasing Aeris around in circles around the basement. It also doesn't really make sense how a lone, chubby Don Corneo manages to kidnap Yuffie and Elena then attach them to a statue, where they're meant to be really good fighters, Yuffie is a great ninja warrior (who travels the world on her own and beats the 5 champions of Wutai) and Elena is a professional agent. I'm wondering of ways to preserve the levels, but have the cutscene be less dumb.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don Corneo and his men are attempted rapists and their harassment is played for laughs, like the scene where one is chasing Aeris around in circles around the basement. It also doesn't really make sense how a lone, chubby Don Corneo manages to kidnap Yuffie and Elena then attach them to a statue, where they're meant to be really good fighters, Yuffie is a great ninja warrior (who travels the world on her own and beats the 5 champions of Wutai) and Elena is a professional agent. I'm wondering of ways to preserve the levels, but have the cutscene be less dumb.

Knock out gas, trap door? He got the jump on Tifa, Cloud, and Aerith so I don't see how it's unfeasible that he could capture Elena and Yuffie.

Also don't see how it's "played for laughs." Since Corneo and his goons are clearly all portrayed as scum. Not to mention the girls do just fine defending themselves.

I just don't get why "bad people do bad things" is apparently too much now.

Mihos

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think the game will be anything like the original honestly. It will probably be easier to make a list of things that will stay. I think the character names, most of the locations, and the general story will be the same, but gameplay will be unrecognizable.

Overworld, minigames, material mechanic, golden saucer, summon mechanic.... all of it will be drastically changed. I would expect the optional 'Weapon' battles to still be there in some form at least.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Knock out gas, trap door? He got the jump on Tifa, Cloud, and Aerith so I don't see how it's unfeasible that he could capture Elena and Yuffie.

Also don't see how it's "played for laughs." Since Corneo and his goons are clearly all portrayed as scum. Not to mention the girls do just fine defending themselves.

It's not just simply because they're bad guys and it's drama, I had to watch the scene again but the way Don Corneo's two henchmen carrying the two warriors, Yuffie and Elena up in the air and get off with them like they're feather weight, and the ways they act like zombies and chase Aeris around the basement in a circle. The harassment is portrayed as comical slapstick and for comedy reasons, it makes them out-of-character because of how powerful they're portrayed in normal scenes.

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
I beat that game so many times and I can't for the life of me remember the dolphin.
When you first ge tto Junon and you give CPR to a girl and you used the dolphin to "jump" up to upper Junon. Pretty brief sequence.

I don't care for the rest but if I don't get all 3 glorious Bahamuts I'm boycotting the game.
I'll just take one. I don't even remember what zero and neo look like. Normal is iconic

4ifaFjj.png

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
I have a feeling Cloud wailing on Aeris is going to change. A weird feeling considering she's going to get impaled with a huge sword soon after.

But for some reason I just don't see them keeping Cloud punching her in the face or whatever he was doing.

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
I have a feeling Cloud wailing on Aeris is going to change. A weird feeling considering she's going to get impaled with a huge sword soon after.

But for some reason I just don't see them keeping Cloud punching her in the face or whatever he was doing.

Massaging her feet.

KnightimeX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Piggybacking off of SOLDIER's Tifa thread, what are some changes to content you think we'll see in the FF7 Remake?

SpIjrrQ.png

Fort Condor minigame - removed

WAT!?!?
I always found this to be fun.
In fact I always wished they turned it into a tactical rpg like battle with optional manual/automated battles so you can manage more fights.

Deleted member 5148

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, unless you played FF7 recently all these things mentioned will matter,
for the rest of the people who haven't , they wont even remember what was added or taken away.

It's been , how long , 20 + years?

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017

Wonder if they'll bring back the icicle boss fight.

Also this thread made me realize just how much shit is in FF7. I'm now thinking the remakes are on schedule, they're just big fucking games lol

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
final-fantasy-xv-titan.jpg

Final-Fantasy-XV-1-1280x720.jpg

perhaps not exactly how it was done here...but i dont see why it wouldn't be possible as a gimmick battle of sorts

granted these are completely different engines
Not AS big, but I really wanna fight THESE in the remake:
Gigas.png

One of my fears is that they are going to take the FFXV route on Final Bosses and do the...
.. regular-sized final boss over an elaborate, strange-formed final boss. I pissed we didn't get Ardyn unleash the demonic forces within himself and he burst open, revealing a massive assortment of merged demons, sorta like Neo-Exdeath. My fear for FFVII is that they are going to get rid of Bizarro and Safer Sephiroth and make the final battle JUST be against the Advent Children Sephiroth, basically regular Sephiroth with one giant black wing. That, IMO, would suck. I'm aware there ARE people that would love that, but personally, I've always loved the strange forms of final bosses in JRPGs, and always loved Sephiroth's final forms in the original game. I don't want AC Sephiroth to be the final guy you face, no way, no how. I want to fight Safer Sephiroth in his strange multi-winged, double halo glory, and somehow make it happen with you floating through a spiraling cloud vortex. To much damn fights on the ground. Kingdom Hearts had some final fights where you were floating around, do that sorta shit!

LightEntite

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not AS big, but I really wanna fight THESE in the remake:
Gigas.png

One of my fears is that they are going to take the FFXV route on Final Bosses and do the...
.. regular-sized final boss over an elaborate, strange-formed final boss. I pissed we didn't get Ardyn unleash the demonic forces within himself and he burst open, revealing a massive assortment of merged demons, sorta like Neo-Exdeath. My fear for FFVII is that they are going to get rid of Bizarro and Safer Sephiroth and make the final battle JUST be against the Advent Children Sephiroth, basically regular Sephiroth with one giant black wing. That, IMO, would suck. I'm aware there ARE people that would love that, but personally, I've always loved the strange forms of final bosses in JRPGs, and always loved Sephiroth's final forms in the original game. I don't want AC Sephiroth to be the final guy you face, no way, no how. I want to fight Safer Sephiroth in his strange multi-winged, double halo glory, and somehow make it happen with you floating through a spiraling cloud vortex. To much damn fights on the ground. Kingdom Hearts had some final fights where you were floating around, do that sorta shit!

Well the reason they did that with FFXV is because:
it would have made no sense for Ardyn to assume some kind of monster form when he's technically already Warrior of Light status.

The reason you fight him 1v1 with the phantom swords is because that's him at his strongest form. I think they meant to get that out of your system beforehand by letting you fight Ifrit, which ironically was the best boss fight in the game

The main problem with the final Ardyn boss fight is that it was kind of underwhelming....He didn't really have any signature attacks and didn't cause a spectacle like Titan or Levi.

This likely wont be the case with FF7, unless they choose to make the Sephiroth Omnislash moment something more than just a stylish sendoff

Wonder if they'll bring back the icicle boss fight.

Also this thread made me realize just how much shit is in FF7. I'm now thinking the remakes are on schedule, they're just big fucking games lol

I honestly don't believe this....FF7 was indeed a large game, but there's no reason why such a game couldn't be covered in a regular development period.

I think this is the modern version of the "HD GAMES ARE HARD" excuse where the real reason Square is complaining about FF7's content is that they just lack the pipeline structure to get it done in a timely fashion...or at least the division working on it does.

I mean, they already know everything that needs to be done

Last edited:

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Well the reason they did that with FFXV is because:
it would have made no sense for Ardyn to assume some kind of monster form when he's technically already Warrior of Light status.

The reason you fight him 1v1 with the phantom swords is because that's him at his strongest form. I think they meant to get that out of your system beforehand by letting you fight Ifrit, which ironically was the best boss fight in the game

The main problem with the final Ardyn boss fight is that it was kind of underwhelming....He didn't really have any signature attacks and didn't cause a spectacle like Titan or Levi.
I know it's off topic...
... I would've had the Ardyn fight consist of three stages. First stage would basically be how it kinda was done, one on one. It would end with Noctis impaling him with his father's sword, then slashing it upwards, ripping it up out of Ardyn and leaving a massive wounds in Ardyn's chest and back. Then black demon ooze starts to drip out and from his back sprouts two massive demon wings. Gladio, Ignis and Prompto, now recovered, join Noctis for the battle. It ends with Ardyn disintegrating into black ash, but telling Noctis that he'll return. Noctis basically does what he does in the final part of the game, sacrifices himself to travel into the "other world" and now sees True Ardyn, which is basically what I described in the previous post. Noct battles him through the void, taking out various parts of him, then when he's about to be defeated, delivers the deathblow with the help of the ancient Kings of Lucis(similar to what happens at the end). This is just how I would've liked the end, though. I also think the final dungeon should've been more crazy. They seem to be expanding it in the new edition.

Getting back on topic, I wonder what that Ancient fellow in the Temple of the Ancients is going to look like, and for that matter, the Chocobo Sage (if they are included). They were basically FFVII's take on the classic Black Mage look. What about those lips on the dial in the center of that Temple clock? Very bizarre concept I can see them ditching because it wouldn't fit into a realistic world. A part of me wish they just left all that strange stuff in. Y'know, say "To all those people that just want pure realism, fuck them, we are going to make this realistic, but crazy strange too! Don't tell use we can't do both, because we ARE!". I'd kinda respect them a little more if they did that.

LightEntite

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Getting back on topic, I wonder what that Ancient fellow in the Temple of the Ancients is going to look like, and for that matter, the Chocobo Sage (if they are included). They were basically FFVII's take on the classic Black Mage look. What about those lips on the dial in the center of that Temple clock? Very bizarre concept I can see them ditching because it wouldn't fit into a realistic world. A part of me wish they just left all that strange stuff in. Y'know, say "To all those people that just want pure realism, fuck them, we are going to make this realistic, but crazy strange too! Don't tell use we can't do both, because we ARE!". I'd kinda respect them a little more if they did that.

FFXV is the most realistic looking FF game ever and it still doesn't shy away from including quirky enemies or designs.

I really don't think this is an issue at all for FF

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
When do you think we'll get to omnislash Sephiroth? Before or after 2030?

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know ff7 IS a game with a Lot of Mini-games, but man triple triad should be obligatory in every FF

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
FFXV is the most realistic looking FF game ever and it still doesn't shy away from including quirky enemies or designs.

I really don't think this is an issue at all for FF

All realism removed, style changed to anime. This is the new intro

e: why did i link the english version smh

Last edited:

Somni

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I figured this would be the best thread to pose this question.

WIll the remake have a day & night cycle, and if so, could it dramatically affect the moods of certain places and moments cemented and curated in the original 1997 version?

Would you rather have each location have curated and fixed lighting to match the original prerendered backgrounds? Or are you completely open to experiencing the world of FFVII through modern design techniques? Maybe somewhere in between, even.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017

WIll the remake have a day & night cycle, and if so, could it dramatically affect the moods of certain places and moments cemented and curated in the original 1997 version?

Would you rather have each location have curated and fixed lighting to match the original prerendered backgrounds? Or are you completely open to experiencing the world of FFVII through modern design techniques? Maybe somewhere in between, even.

There were interesting ideas in the concept art thread about the possibility of using fixed cameras and weird angles, at lest in some locations, to evoke the old prerendered stuff. Probably not happening, but could be cool.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'll admit that part of me wants to see realistic, HD-rendered Cloud still rummage through Tifa's drawers and pocket her stolen panties.

Just for the reactions.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

They would have to be insane to add open world stuff like 24hour/day/night cycles. We'll never see the end to the development of FF7R.

In my opinion they should stick at least relatively closely to the visual identity of the original journey. Having events take place at random times of the day is the opposite of that.

Arthoneceron

Oct 27, 2017
Minas Gerais, Brazil
I surf around the Nintendo fan (which basically accepts anything from Nintendo) and the FF purist (which wants exactly the same content, with the same appeal and the same feeling from the classic, but shiner, brighter and beautiful).

If the game was made only based on my opinion, even the combat I probably would mantain the same, but since It's not possible, I'll say what I DON'T want:

I don't want them to create meaningless characters which basically will serve as a decoy for a distraction of the game.

Also I don't care at all about the Turks. "What was the past of Reno before he enter at the agency" or "Why Elena decided to enter at the organization"? It doesn't matter at all. While I have this feeling about Advent Children and the whole universe created around the OG game will be the Days of Future Past of the FFVII, I just hope that they don't fuck with the timeline of the events.

Leithkorias

Oct 27, 2017
My guess is they'll simplify it by having Cait Sith be a weird robot cat who is mostly autonomous but Reeve can spy through him and take control if he needs to.

Maybe cait sith could be a robot programmed by shinra-or-controlled by Scarlett (or heideggar). That way he could still betray the team, but later on, with either scenario, Reeve learns about it and is able to take control remotely.

potatohead

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Earthbound

Agree

They are portrayed as dicks and they get their asses beaten until corneo sends them to the sewers

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Those comics are like a less mean-spirited FFVII Abridged.

And the artist draws a really cute Tifa:

final_fantasy_7_page410_by_obstinatemelon-d8s7rxz.jpg

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting it to barely resemble the original game other than the characters, settings and main story beats.