• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite FF released in the last decade

• Final Fantasy XIII (trilogy)

Votes: 110 13.2%
  • Final Fantasy XIV

Votes: 366 43.9%
  • Final Fantasy XV

Votes: 221 26.5%
  • World of Final Fantasy

Votes: 58 7.0%
  • Final Fantasy Type-0

Votes: 10 1.2%
  • Dissidia Final Fantasy NT

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • Other

Votes: 63 7.6%

• Total voters

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah... I still don't get why they won't localize it.
it didn't help the only one of the franchise (not including the mobile game which was horrible) to get localized was the wii one which people constantly confused as a mario party like game.

The Wii one also doesn't have Final Fantasy which is kind of half of the appeal, having FF and DQ characters together.

Hope they localize this so I don't have to do something stupid like getting the Japanese version.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
The Wii one also doesn't have Final Fantasy which is kind of half of the appeal, having FF and DQ characters together.

Hope they localize this so I don't have to do something stupid like getting the Japanese version.
it's been over a year now, the odds of them localizing it is basically zero now :(

PettySpirit

Dec 23, 2018
I've never really been into turn based games, so I haven't played many Final Fantasy games. I see the game's flaws, but, being a real time action game with a lot of charm imo, I enjoyed FFXV and I'd play it again. Especially since the last time I played it was at launch.

I also don't like MMOs and tab targetting combat. But I've been playing FFXIV regularly. That game is absolutely quality and I'm shocked I like it as much as I do. So, my vote goes to FF XIV, for making me enjoy a genre I hate. Or hated. I dunno yet.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017

I would encourage you to buy the Japanese version. You could have no Japanese and very quickly figure everything out. The only element that requires any Japanese at all are the chance cards, and most of those will make sense immediately after you flip 'em. Don't hesitate, it is a great time!

Druffmaul

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 24, 2018
FF was once my favorite franchise, starting w/ FFVI. The last one I really loved was FFXII, but that came with some major caveats. That said, I was never interested in FFvsXIII/FFXV, but when it finally came out, it was much better than I expected. I genuinely enjoyed it. But it's pale, pale shadow of the FFs I truly loved.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
it's been over a year now, the odds of them localizing it is basically zero now :(

Dragon Quest 7 remake took 3 and a half years between Japan release and WW. One year is nothing.

I would encourage you to buy the Japanese version. You could have no Japanese and very quickly figure everything out. The only element that requires any Japanese at all are the chance cards, and most of those will make sense immediately after you flip 'em. Don't hesitate, it is a great time!

Heh, guess I might buy the Japanese release eventually if they're really going to sit on it.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I will also note that I have on a computer a list of what all the chance cards do by number. they mostly overlap the ps2 version... so I can't remember if I updated the file or not or if I need to find my sheet I printed out that I was noting changes with the intention to change things. but I have a half done guide somewhere.

it's not that hard though.... but it also wouldn't hurt if someone picked up the translated wii version and played that for a bit or played the ps2/psp versions with translations to get the basics down that way.

Dragon Quest 7 remake took 3 and a half years between Japan release and WW. One year is nothing.

Heh, guess I might buy the Japanese release eventually if they're really going to sit on it.

if this was on a nintendo platform I might agree, but being a sony game it's dead. Sony won't save it like nintendo has done for some of the DQ games in the past.

Last edited: