Thoughts on wearing masks in public, outside of public health reasons?

• I like wearing masks, and I think I look cool too!

Votes: 509 40.7%
  • I do not like wearing masks for any reason (I will stop wearing them after pandemic)

Votes: 610 48.7%
  • Other

Votes: 133 10.6%

• Total voters

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
Hate regular, utilitarian masks as they actually do impede my breathing.

Wouldn't mind wearing one for fashion, but it would need to be open, pretty much.

NekoFever

Oct 25, 2017
Mine are going in the bin as soon as it's safe and legal. Hate wearing them.

I will wear one when I'm sick, though. If people keep that habit we'll all be better off.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
Unless I'm sick and need to go somewhere, I'm done with them after the pandemic is over. I miss seeing faces.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I hate that the majority of people are going to dump them at a certain point, because as a teacher who has been hybrid since September, it sure was nice not having the usual flu/strep season that makes it's way through the building multiple times.

That, and I just love how they look. Korea has the right idea with them being a piece of fashion.

Iceternal

Oct 28, 2017
I like wearing masks but they really suck for babies and small children. It could potentially have devastating effects on children's development.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
I get too warm around my mouth after a while. I always take it off when I get outside and there's no people around if I've been in a store or such.. and it's a relief.

Raiku

Oct 25, 2017
California, USHeyHey!
Oh man I hate wearing these things. They're uncomfortable af. Also I need to be able to spot cute faces. Everyone's all eyes right now 😥😥

With that said if I see anyone wearing one after the pandemic I'll just be like "Oh they're being hygienic". That wouldn't have been the case pre-pandemic for me.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
I think adults should go full sci-fi masks.

I'm ready for the mask/helmet wearing future!

scifi-diving-mask.jpeg

960x0.jpg

il_1140xN.2404818353_j17t.jpg

Iron-Man-Helmet_5f5383a84e472.png

I want to be the Green Ranger 🤣

maxresdefault.jpg

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
"Wearing masks for over a year" is true, but at the same time it hasn't turned in a habit as I feel I wear them very little. I'm simply avoiding going out to places where I need to wear a mask. Shopping is in and out so I have to wear it only very briefly, going for a walk will be somewhere on the countryside instead of in a busy center, no public transport whatsoever, not going to work even when I could, ...

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
I love that they're normalized. Not looking forward to the unprompted "you know you don't have to wear those anymore" when I continue wearing them in some public spaces for the next couple years tho.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely don't mind them as a warmer in the winter, but otherwise I tend to clench my teeth when I'm wearing a mask which after a while gives me a headache. I'll be ready to get rid of them.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I've grown to enjoy the anonymity factor for sure. As well as not having to worry about feeling ugly on certain days, etc.

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
I ended up buying a really comfortable mask that doesn't pull my ears forward, which was my main complaint with standard masks and the cloth one I was given at work. I actually like it well enough that I wouldn't mind wearing it more often, but probably wouldn't regularly if there's not any actual health risk.

It's helped keep my face warm in the winter air though, I'll give it that.

RockyBalboa_

Apr 28, 2018
Mixed feelings wearing a mask.

I find its more for those who are aick so they don't spread their germs while out and about. Of course its also handy for healthy people to wear them for extra protection. I haven't had a cold in over a year due to the social distancing and extra cleanliness.

I also like masks as its way easier to give people dirty looks or swear at them!

TK-421

Nov 30, 2017
Death Star
I voted other.. I don't enjoy wearing them, and will stop using them all the time when not required. But I will do so when I enter crowded areas like mass transit for the foreseeable future.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Masks are convient because they hide my dental issues. But in general I just really dislike them. I'm not a crowd person at all, but I miss seeing people smile.

I do think they should become mandatory during flu season, though, at the very least for public transport.

thermopyle

Nov 8, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
The only time I don't like wearing a mask is when I'm going on a run. Otherwise I'll continue wearing them regularly, especially during sick seasons. I have my atom masks for everyday wear, my orbitgear mask for shows, and hell I'd get that smart mask from razer if it ever releases too.

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
No interest in wearing it beyond the pandemic. I enjoy seeing facial expressions, seeing mouths move when people talk, not having my nose itch all the time, and the general discomfort in wearing it. I know it's not bad, but if I don't have to, I won't wear one when it's all said and done.

That said, I'd have no problems wearing one again when times call for it

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to take them off personally. Masks make my job so much more difficult with them fogging up my glasses and being unable to see people's facial expressions.

Deleted member 49482

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2018
I kinda dig them. Sometimes I feel like a god damn ninja when I'm wearing one. They're also surprisingly good at shielding your face from the elements during the winter. That said, I found them pretty uncomfortable once it got into summertime, and they are nearly unbearable to wear while exercising. Having a conversation with one on is annoying.

Also, I'm shocked at how many people I've thought were more attractive wearing a mask.

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They completely hide my fake smile making me look apathetic and they also fog up my glasses, so no.

Deleted member 2210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People should wear masks even when this is over because mfs are dirty as shit in the US. They don't wash their hands, their concept of personal space is non-existent, they sneeze into the fucking air without even attempting to cover their mouths. And in a country where sick leave is nothing more than a vague nebulous concept and people are pressured to work unless they're in the hospital yea the country should keep wearing masks

YES. BRUH YES.

Like I'm in line and ppl can't fucking realize that even not in a pandemic they should give me ample space. And because it's America it feels hard to speak up cause what if the person feels aggreived by simply saying back up and is packing?

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
I only like them in stores, so people I know don't recognize me and stop me to talk lol.

Now, if we're talking about full face masks that hide everything, bring it on!

skillzilla81

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I like wearing masks for health reasons, but as a large black man, I hate how vulnerable I feel in public spaces when people can't see that I'm smiling.

I won't feel comfortable doing it if most people aren't.

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
Everyone is more attractive. It turns out the nose and mouth make up a large % of your attractiveness.

farmland

Oct 30, 2017
I will be wearing them on trains during winter and when I have a cold moving forward for sure. I haven't had a cold since Covid started and that's amazing.

MM300

Dec 23, 2018
I hope mask-wearing becomes normalized after this. I rather enjoy not having to look at some stranger's fucked up facial hair, yellow teeth, cold sores on lips, or a stray, hanging booger sticking out their nose. Also not having to smell someone's smelly ass breath if I get too close, that's also definitely a positive. All of this applies to me as well, of course.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Maybe not everywhere but I'll definitely start wearing them more often if not all the time at work (I'm a nurse in an emergency department). Also in flu season I might start wearing it on public transport too.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Even before the pandemic, I liked the idea of wearing a reasonably sized mask that could filter out anything harmful from the air. Something smaller and more stylish than a gas mask to help protect against the air you can't avoid breathing that likely has extra chemicals in it that aren't doing any favors to health.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a ginger, so I can't wear them for anonymity. Me trying to remain discreet in a crowd is like trying to avoid an axe murderer by hiding under the only working street lamp. I'll wear them during flu season for sure, though!