ronabs

Mar 15, 2018
There's a possible line-up circulating on Twitter/Reddit

The first image is plausible, matches the visual identity Microsoft is using in this showcase.

The second one, not so much.

Some games titles too close to the borders of the images (Scorn, A Plague Tale, Evil Dead - these last two have official images on the Xbox store), Cuphead even cutting the characters, Deathloop in it (I don't expect any Xbox mention about it before the 1 year PS5 exclusive period).

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
I mean that list is mostly safe to be honest. We know most of that is confirmed for the conference. Not sure about that Hideo Kojima game. But that looks like a safe guess. Could go either way.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Why show Halo's Season 3 when it doesn't come out for another 5 months. Season 2 just started last month.

Bunkem

Prophet of Truth
Aug 25, 2021
I will be at a wedding when its on so pls leak all over me in advance, thank you 💦

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
I'm NOT clicking that spoiler post. MS/Bethesda's show is the last one left that I can hopefully get some surprises.

Hopefully no one starts a thread on the first page spoiling each game that is on that list. 😫😭

Oh god Sunday seems so far away lol.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
leek-selection-and-storage-1808073-hero-07-e2b31cae2fd6460895d56858b94c5d65.jpg

OH YOU MEAN LEAKS.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Leakers suck. Especially this close to the show. Sucks for the people putting it together.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Leakers suck. Especially this close to the show. Sucks for the people putting it together.
Yeah. I saw that old (or was it new??) thread recently that was like "Devs, do leaks impact your work?" and one reply was that "not really, but it does heavily impact the marketing team's plans, who are often just as passionate about the game and their plans as we are".

But nah, people like to celebrate "owning" the evil marketers grrrr with these leaks.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Everwild not even a game at this point? That makes me think it's fake.

OP
OP

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Yeah. I saw that old (or was it new??) thread recently that was like "Devs, do leaks impact your work?" and one reply was that "not really, but it does heavily impact the marketing team's plans, who are often just as passionate about the game and their plans as we are".

But nah, people like to celebrate "owning" the evil marketers grrrr with these leaks.
Yep. Seen it in this thread already. Whatever helps them sleep at night. If I can support clout chasers or marketers, I'll pick the marketers.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
Yep. Seen it in this thread already. Whatever helps them sleep at night. If I can support clout chasers or marketers, I'll pick the marketers.
Call me crazy but I'm not going to lose sleep over marketing plans getting fucked. 🤷‍♀️ Why would you care that the plan to get you buy the product got disrupted?

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

honestly the more I deal with marketing teams and marketers in general I lose respect for them and they actively make what I do harder. So I can't say I care about that. There's nothing wrong with leaks.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Call me crazy but I'm not going to lose sleep over marketing plans getting fucked. 🤷‍♀️ Why would you care that the plan to get you buy the product got disrupted?

A lot of people approach conferences like a tv show or movie. Its an entertaining period of time that allows surprises. When you really think about it there isn't a huge difference between a conference and a tv show; it is still a medium we consume that when boiled down is essentially marketing.

I don't mind myself, but I can see why others would.

Oct 25, 2017

The only thing I take issue with is I'm sure a lot of devs that actually poured their hearts into the game getting a bit gutted that people leak their stuff.

I think devs genuinely enjoy seeing us surprised and sometimes that experience for them gets a bit soured as well. Some people like surprises.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017

aloner

Jun 30, 2021
Australia
Because i know if i created a project and worked hard on it, i wouldnt want some snarky twat on twitter deciding he should be the one who decides what its first impression to the world should be

Black_Trace

May 31, 2019
Genuine question to folks on ERA, is a showcase getting leaked beforehand a big deal for you? 🤔 I get wanting to go in and be surprised, but it's not something that would make me want to unplug from the internet y'know. Anyways yeah, I think a few big announcements are definitely going to get divulged by the end of Saturday.
No. Usually, the discussion around leaks is enjoyable. Knowing a reveal is coming doesn't make me any less excited to actually see the thing.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
It certainly affects plenty of people on various teams. For what? Reading some text a day early? Leaks of this kind are pointless. Basically only does harm. I haven't heard a great defense for it yet.

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
A lot of people approach conferences like a tv show or movie. Its an entertaining period of time that allows surprises. When you really think about it there isn't a huge difference between a conference and a tv show; it is still a medium we consume that when boiled down is essentially marketing.

I don't mind myself, but I can see why others would.
Before covid, i liked ordering foor with friends like watching a football game.
so yeah, it's more than just some trailer, it's the special event of the year !

Justsomeguy

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I'm 50/50 on it tbh. Usually leaks don't bother me or anything, but the closer I get to an event the more annoying/worse it becomes. Usually the Xbox shows are all leaked months ahead of time and that doesn't bother me much, but here it's days away and only a few things have really leaked, so it kinda stings a bit more because I'm very excited/curious for the show for some weird reason. I just really like surprises honestly
Same here. Let me get excited at reveals with my buddies in real-time please .

Lukish

May 30, 2022
NI
Shows not too far off, so hopefully I dont come across anything, feels silly when stuff leak so close, like last of us remake

nelsonroyale

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Happy enough with a leak since it would crystalize whether I watch it live or not - i.e., if there is stuff that interests me. Otherwise, it is at a fairly sensible time for me, so may just zone in and out anyway.