Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Seems like the dam has finally broken. If you're sensitive to leaks, I recommend staying off the internet until the showcase.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Genuine question to folks on ERA, is a showcase getting leaked beforehand a big deal for you? 🤔 I get wanting to go in and be surprised, but it's not something that would make me want to unplug from the internet y'know. Anyways yeah, I think a few big announcements are definitely going to get divulged by the end of Saturday.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Gonna get some bacon and eggs, make breakfast and watch the presser with the boys.

Hope it doesn't get leaked.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
I get being sensitive about spoilers for films, TV etc. But if you want to avoid spoilers for a marketing event I feel like its on you to do that.

The internet is going to talk about these things, so going onto an enthusiast forum and screaming about spoilers in everything thread is dumb.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I get that it's cool when there are genuine surprises, but I don't think I've ever known leaks for a press conference or livestream be spoiler tagged before. Usually when stuff leaks... That's it, it leaks!

Dust

C H A O S
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gimme the leeeeks.

bleach-inoue-orihime.gif

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I mean, im here for it. Id rather save myself the two hours and get right to the good stuff.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
I'm gonna be out for dinner whilst it's on, so it would be great if it leaked for me beforehand tbh.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
If you are that sensitive to spoilers its on you to avoid them. Its ridiculous to expect a video game message board to not talk about this stuff, especially when spoilers/rumors/leaks are talked about all the time. Now suddenly because its on the eve of a giant commercial things are different?

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Sucks for the people who work hard to put everything together and the games that are there.

Leaking this close to actual announcement sucks

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Yes but there's always the choice to just not visit the site or Twitter. Which is standard policy for about 24 hours for anything I really care about.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. But even then, I don't think a showcase is ever something big enough to make me wanna do that, lol. It's not like we don't have a good idea of what's been rumored already 🤷‍♂️

I get that it's cool when there are genuine surprises, but I don't think I've ever known leaks for a press conference or livestream be spoiler tagged before. Usually when stuff leaks... That's it, it leaks!
Exactly. A bunch of stuff from the MS 2019 conference like Elden Ring and Tales of Arise leaked beforehand but I don't recall having to spoiler tag it in the thread title and whatnot.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
This is why I like the idea of shadow dropping a show.

I don't know how feasible it is because things need to be orchestrated amongst lots of people but something has to change if they want everything to be a surprise.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda useless tweet.

Yeah some things might or might not leak before a showcase. Isn't that like always the case ?

Uhyve

Oct 25, 2017
Genuine question to folks on ERA, is a showcase getting leaked beforehand a big deal for you? 🤔 I get wanting to go in and be surprised, but it's not something that would make me want to unplug from the internet y'know.
It depends on the reveals. As an example, if I had been spoiled on the Sony conference with the Shenmue 3 and FF7R combo, that wouldn't of hit the same way.

If I get spoiled on Forza Horizon and Sea of Thieves expansions, or that Fable, Perfect Dark and Starfield are showing up, meh. It is spoilers, but we know those exist... though it would be hype if all of those show up.

Anything Banjo... maybe I'd be annoyed to have that spoiled.

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
When was the last time where Xbox's showcase didn't leak?

In 2015, Rare Replay got leaked by a retail listing. I remember specifically 2016 is when it all started; there was some word doc or Notes app screenshot going around and it had quite literally every announcement. In 2017, something about Scorpio probably leaked.

Drayco21

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Genuine question to folks on ERA, is a showcase getting leaked beforehand a big deal for you? 🤔 I get wanting to go in and be surprised, but it's not something that would make me want to unplug from the internet y'know. Anyways yeah, I think a few big announcements are definitely being divulged before the end of Saturday.

The idea of being "spoiled" on a marketing reel is crazy to me. If it's that important to you, just avoid places like Era for the weekend. I wish games were treated more like film studios and were more openly transparent about projects in development from the beginning.

Machine Law

Oct 26, 2017
Genuine question to folks on ERA, is a showcase getting leaked beforehand a big deal for you? 🤔 I get wanting to go in and be surprised, but it's not something that would make me want to unplug from the internet y'know. Anyways yeah, I think a few big announcements are definitely going to get divulged by the end of Saturday.

Yeah it is. Nothing like finding out about something cool and seeing live reactions from other people. Leaks make the shows boring.

Dec 27, 2019
Seattle
Genuine question to folks on ERA, is a showcase getting leaked beforehand a big deal for you? 🤔 I get wanting to go in and be surprised, but it's not something that would make me want to unplug from the internet y'know. Anyways yeah, I think a few big announcements are definitely being divulged before the end of Saturday.
Think the whole idea of spoilers is dumb, but I'm willing to play along out of respect. At least for story spoilers. The idea of 'spoiling' a commercial or announcement is ridiculous though.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I'm 50/50 on it tbh. Usually leaks don't bother me or anything, but the closer I get to an event the more annoying/worse it becomes. Usually the Xbox shows are all leaked months ahead of time and that doesn't bother me much, but here it's days away and only a few things have really leaked, so it kinda stings a bit more because I'm very excited/curious for the show for some weird reason. I just really like surprises honestly

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Judging by the reception to Summer Games Fest Thursday, it's a huge deal. TLOU Part I leaking just prior to the show killed all the good-will towards that show in what would've been a bit of a mic drop moment to close it out.

Last edited:

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017

It would be for me, yes.

One of the best feelings is when the screen goes dark and you're ready for the next reveal and you see a Studio Logo.. and you're thinking? Whaaaaat? Wasn't expecting this! Then you get a SUPRISE reveal that even leakers or press didn't know about years back.

It just seems like these Event leakers don't have to work too hard and all this info is easily available to them because of some regular job they have. Not like they did any vast investigative digging. Like whatever the Snitch knows, I'm sure many others know because of having the similar job or something.... but Snitch is just someone who takes the chance, and chooses to get clout.

Last edited: