RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
giphy.gif

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Not shocked a few on here are apprehensive but Pattison is a good actor and it isnt the first time an actor bulked for a role.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Are they going to include him in the DCEU or they are going to start all over?

I don't want to lose Aquaman, Wonder Woman and Shazam (specially Shazam)

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Studios need to stop announcing trilogies before they even know if the first movie is going to be any good.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
this is an infinitely more interesting choice than some of the fan casting that was going around like Gylenhaal and Armie Hammer now that I think about it

Both big buff dudes who could easily look the part but I can already see the performance in my head. Pattinson has a good look for it too (dude needs to be on the hgh soon tho) but I think he might also have the necessarily underlying sociopath in him as well in his performance. Dude can brood too obviously

Glad it was him over the rest of the shortlist. Hope it pans out.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Are they going to include him in the DCEU or they are going to start all over?

I don't want to lose Aquaman, Wonder Woman and Shazam (specially Shazam)
Likely a soft reboot with flashpoint. Shazam. Aquaman and Wondey are pretty safe considering they have sequels in development.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How some of you have not learned your lesson by calling things too early, I'll never understand. We go through the same song and dance with most castings. Your preconceived notions are easily challenged and come release, you might be pleasantly surprised (or disappointed if your initial reaction was positive). What is the point of automatically assuming he'll be terrible if you've seen nothing yet? I did the same for Heath Ledger and look how that turned out.

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
Studios need to stop announcing trilogies before they even know if they first movie is going to be any good.

They didn't really announce a trilogy so much as say they need to work out a deal to exercise options if two additional films are made. I'm sure the same thing happened with Bale when he signed on for Batman Begins.

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
Fair do. I see him better than Hoult, I just can't imagine the latter.

Pattinson is a unique looking fella.

Watching Good Time last week, yeah, it was fine and he was fine. Decent actor.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I've only seen him in four movies: Goblet of Fire, two of the Twilight movies, and Water for Elephants. Wasn't impressed by him in any of them (he's fine in Goblet). Any performances of his worth checking out?
Good Time is a must-watch.

And his performance in the upcoming The Lighthouse from Robert Eggers has been compared to Nicholson in The Shining, so that's one to look out for

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
One thing that WB has seem to do fairly well is cast their leads for their DC films so while i'm not sold i'm at least intrigued.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kristen Stewart has been pretty good in a few things I've seen.

I haven't seen her in anything for a few years, but her last film I saw she genuinely still couldn't act. Maybe Stewart has gotten better since then, she hasn't been in anything that really interested me so I can't say for sure.

Pattinson on the other hand has some acting talent. He's got some big shoes to fill here, there have been solid actors in the Batman role over the years.

Brewm0nt

Dec 22, 2017
Orlando, FL
He was amazing in Good Time, so I am on board with anything this dude does now. It's a shame that the internet nerds will have the most predictable, boring, "but twilight!!" takes.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
not a fan, but lets see

Yeah, don't like him. Too bad.

Don't like the choice but hopefully the film is good.

Not a fan but lets see how he performs

Hype massively deflated.

Just curious, what movies of his have you folks seen?

I've only seen him in four movies: Goblet of Fire, two of the Twilight movies, and Water for Elephants. Wasn't impressed by him in any of them (he's fine in Goblet). Any performances of his worth checking out?

High Life, Good Time, The Rover, Cosmopolis, The Lost City of Z, and soon probably The Lighthouse.

Oct 25, 2017
Reeves wants him. So I have faith.

And why are people shocked it's a trilogy? Of course they will contract him to do more films and I'm sure the only reason WB gets Reeves is because he wanted to do a Trilogy and not a one off movie.