• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Quick question. I need to get to the mars junction. How do I get the nodes to open past Cetus on Earth?

reYvdSV.jpg
You have to do some of the content in Cetus. Talk to the npc named Konzu near the big door. He offers the first Bounty mission there and kicks off a questline. I think you need to at least do that first bounty (doesn't matter if you fail I think) and then you can get to the next node. That also opens up the ability I think for you to drop down to the Planes of Eidolon without having to through Cetus as well I think.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
If you go to the planet screen, click on Earth, then you'll see Cetus, the Junction, and a bunch of smaller nodes on the planet with names like "Marianna", "Mantle" and "Cambria" (among other names), these nodes are repeatable missions that you can do for loot and leveling, alkong with things like completing requirements for quests or Junctions.

Edit: image for clarity

Everything with a name there is a mission or social area that you can go to (to unlock the right-side missions, you do have to load into Cetus and enter the plains of eidolon, but that's not needed for the Venus Junction).

Thanks very much, massively appreciated!!!

Another question. In my Arsenal I appear to have two swords, one is a Heat Sword and the other is a Exhalted Blade. How do I use the latter? The Heat Sword is on melee, but the other.. I am not sure?

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, I can't decide if I want to play on PC or Switch. The Switch novelty factor and being able to take it with me when I'm out of town is a huge plus, but M/KB at 1440p/144fps seems like what I SHOULD go with. I'd try to play both at the same time, but I worry I'll burn out quick.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
I just played my first mission with other players. I feel like much of the time I don't what the fuck is going on when I'm playing this game, like I'm just running around towards markers. I guess the bad guy was hacking my shields, which resulted in a really annoying noise constantly being played. Movement speed and combat is so twitchy that ranged weapons seem really hard to use compared to melee weapons. Map design also seems really messy and confusing. So far, it feels really mindless, which is a shame, since the basic controls and movement seem generally ok. At least it looks nice, I guess.

Last edited:

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
I believe you have to go to Cetus and complete the quest Konzu has for you. That's a relatively new addition so I'm not 100% sure.

You have to do some of the content in Cetus. Talk to the npc named Konzu near the big door. He offers the first Bounty mission there and kicks off a questline. I think you need to at least do that first bounty (doesn't matter if you fail I think) and then you can get to the next node. That also opens up the ability I think for you to drop down to the Planes of Eidolon without having to through Cetus as well I think.

Thanks. That should probably be signposted a little better. I think it's going to confuse people :)

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Bit of progress on Venus junction.

Now I just need to defeat 1 more EXIMUS and upgrade any MOD to 2 using Fusion Process. Is that in the Arsenal where you'd do that?

Eintopf

Jul 8, 2018
UK
How do I get new blueprints for gear and unlock more slots for the Warframe? Also, I've got a 25% discount from the daily login - what should I spend it on? And I'm thinking of buying the starter pack, what should I buy with the 300 platinum?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
having fun, but goddamn the text is too small

also, I stopped appreciating the whole "wiki is your friend" thing. explain shit properly, or fuck right off. I need to like your game first before I touch your wiki

EDarkness

Oct 25, 2017
Need some friends in the game. My game name is EDarkness. I don't have a Clan yet, but I was thinking about making one at some point.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
This game makes me feel like "Ok what am i suppose to do next", after i find something im suppose to do. I'm trying to push myself to continue playing but man.

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
How do I get new blueprints for gear and unlock more slots for the Warframe? Also, I've got a 25% discount from the daily login - what should I spend it on? And I'm thinking of buying the starter pack, what should I buy with the 300 platinum?
Warframe and Weapon slots are bought for Platinum, and you can do that right from the inventory screen.

2 Weapon Slots = 12 Platinum
1 Warframe Slot = 20 Platinum

Eintopf

Jul 8, 2018
UK
Warframe and Weapon slots are bought for Platinum, and you can do that right from the inventory screen.

2 Weapon Slots = 12 Platinum
1 Warframe Slot = 20 Platinum
How many of each should I buy? And should I get any weapons or warframes with any of the starter pack platinum.

I'm really enjoying the game but everything feels needlessly complex. And it's difficult to remember all the terminology for stuff too.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
I copied over my PC account I haven't played in two years. I am so freaking lost on what to do next :/

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
How many of each should I buy? And should I get any weapons or warframes with any of the starter pack platinum.

I'm really enjoying the game but everything feels needlessly complex. And it's difficult to remember all the terminology for stuff too.
Buy them as you need them. You can also sell Weapons and Warframes that you don't need/want anymore to free up some slots.

I generally swap out the basic Warframes and Weapons for their Prime variants when I acquire them. On top of buying slots, you can also buy Catalysts and Reactors that will double the number of mod points that a Weapon or Warframe has respectively.

Kuosi

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
Id mainly suggest using the plat for few warframe slots, maybe one or two weapons and possibly some good all around warframe mods from trading

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Can you add more slots that have the symbols on them? The symbols that the modifiers have I mean, which reduces the cost of using the modifier

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'm having fun, but I can echo some sentiments here and say it's hard to keep playing with some of the glaring issues.

Especially with how many amazing games there are nowadays, the input lag and unavoidable obtuseness is hard to ignore.

But, I think I'm more likely to keep playing on Switch than I would have otherwise. It just feels like less of a commitment.

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, I can't decide if I want to play on PC or Switch. The Switch novelty factor and being able to take it with me when I'm out of town is a huge plus, but M/KB at 1440p/144fps seems like what I SHOULD go with. I'd try to play both at the same time, but I worry I'll burn out quick.

There are only 2 reasons to play it on Switch:
  1. Switch is your only hardware that you can or want to play games on.
  2. You want to play Warframe in a portable manner.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I've been trying this out and whilst it seems fun enough, the game really doesn't do a good job of explaining certain things.

Doing the second mission it automatically grouped me with two other players, kinda like how Destiny does on Strike missions. All great, we went through the mission, got it done no problem, back to my ship to install a new segment that unlocks the mod system. While I'm sat going through that, trying to get my head round it, all of a sudden I'm yanked out of my ship and to a mission loading screen with the two players I was with on the previous mission and an additional player.

The game made absolutely zero attempt to tell me that at the end of a mission you need to manually leave a team.
It also didn't tell me how to leave a team, I was left to Google that.

Arsic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To this day the biggest problem with this game is it lack of a proper tutorial , guiding , and easing players into it.

If they ever spent some of their earnings over the years on this then they would've succeeded a ton more than they have.

Oct 27, 2017
I copied my account over switch and got to sneak in about 20 minutes tonight at work. It was actually pretty damned similar to playing on PC. Luckily I play all PC games on a controller anyways, but a remarkable similar experience.

Nice to whip out Nidus and spread some plague again. It's been a few months. Being able to play at my desk is a bonus, too. Makes these long nights where really my only purpose for being here is in case shit goes sideways a little better.

I think portability is just what I needed to get back into Warframe!

New players- I practically lived the game for like 4 or 5 months and I still had huuuuge knowledge gaps, and just a few months of not playing have made me forget so very much. Don't beat yourself up if you're having a hard time.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Oh shit I thought this was coming in 2019. So platinum doesn't transfer right? I should probably spend some of the 5000 platinum I have before I transfer.

Also if you have Twitch Prime (amazon prime) you can claim some free weapons.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
Why do I need to pay for something not mentioned in the FAQ. It is kind of BS. I spent the free 200 I got on slots ugh. Any other way of not paying for their not mentioning this? Switch version is literally not playable now. I was happy enough to use hotspot for this on my breaks, but with some random ass name and no mention that your IGN from PC doesn't transfer - yea no thanks. Just like the game this is a convoluted mess that doesn't really tell you squat.

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a very relevent clip from the NoClip documentary (definitely a good watch for behind the scenes stuff) from [DE]Steve about the new player experience.

Obligatory "BACK IN MY DAY", you didn't even have an intro mission with Vor, you just chose a warframe and the star chart showed up. They've made some really good steps since then, but it's still rough to go in blind unless you're ready to just experiment and look up things.

I've been trying this out and whilst it seems fun enough, the game really doesn't do a good job of explaining certain things.

Doing the second mission it automatically grouped me with two other players, kinda like how Destiny does on Strike missions. All great, we went through the mission, got it done no problem, back to my ship to install a new segment that unlocks the mod system. While I'm sat going through that, trying to get my head round it, all of a sudden I'm yanked out of my ship and to a mission loading screen with the two players I was with on the previous mission and an additional player.

The game made absolutely zero attempt to tell me that at the end of a mission you need to manually leave a team.
It also didn't tell me how to leave a team, I was left to Google that.

Super old relic of the time the game was a different beast and the devs wanted you to do missions with the same group and make friends, now the only place is useful is the daily sorties.
They will probably never change it now.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
So do the warframe and weapon slots transfer from PC to the Switch?

I have over 4000 Platinum on PC that haven't used yet and Im trying to figure out what to use it on before I migrate the account over to the switch.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
So do the warframe and weapon slots transfer from PC to the Switch?

I have over 4000 Platinum on PC that haven't used yet and Im trying to figure out what to use it on before I migrate the account over to the switch.

Plat doesn't transfer when you copy your account over to switch. But I think all your progress shit does warframes included.

r3n4ud

Oct 25, 2017
Quebec
To this day the biggest problem with this game is it lack of a proper tutorial , guiding , and easing players into it.

If they ever spent some of their earnings over the years on this then they would've succeeded a ton more than they have.
Which is why I've stayed away from the game :(

I needs me a tutorial so I at least have a basic grasp of things.

Easy_D

Oct 28, 2017
Mate, trust me you would do yourself a huge favor if you used gyro. It takes a little bit of practice but it is objectively better.
The gyro is kind of terrible tbh. It feels like it buffers input at times.

Fortnite is better, Paladins is much better.
Controls need tuning overall, acceleration curve for the joystick is wonky as hell.
I fully trust them to take input and tweak things though

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Really hoping Digital Foundry does a video where they compare framerates between default settings and all graphical options disabled. Right now I've got everything disabled except motion blur, but I'd love to know if its worth it or not.

Clear

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
I know plat does not transfer to switch but does anyone know if in game mail does? I sold my gaming pc awhile ago but was streaming twitch at work so i have some mail due to yhe item give away.

Want to see if i was one of the 0.001% that got a free nidus and not fire works.