• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Easy_D

Oct 28, 2017
Lol. I just randomly stumble upon the plains after the tutorial quest. Cool area, runs well too. I did what I often do in games and disabled AO, figured it could save a frame or two and you don't exactly notice it.

Toned the bloom down too (thanks for this, it's overbearing otherwise).

My only complaint is that it feels like aiming is kind of locked, up/down/left/right work well enough, but diagonals suck.

Edgeward

Oct 27, 2017
I messed around with the game for about an hour after spending many hours on the ps4 version during the first year of launch. Game changed a lot in presentation. Controls feel wonky when aiming. Kinda rigid but the gyro works well it seems though I have to up the sensitivity a bunch to get it where it is useful. Still haven't found anything that makes aiming with the sticks feel good though.

Oct 25, 2017
I messed around with the game for about an hour after spending many hours on the ps4 version during the first year of launch. Game changed a lot in presentation. Controls feel wonky when aiming. Kinda rigid but the gyro works well it seems though I have to up the sensitivity a bunch to get it where it is useful. Still haven't found anything that makes aiming with the sticks feel good though.
Ditto. My only gripe so far. If anyone has any sensitivity options tips, that'd be great. I feel like I'm either over-aiming and missing my target or it's taking me too long to get to them. Pro controller felt better, but I'd love to play this in handheld as much as I can.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Clarified slightly on stream, there is no announced end date for account migrations yet but it is limited. They'll announce an end date later.

Tennogen (user created content) will come to Switch. They have to get the rights from the artists all over for the Nintendo Switch version.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I played some undocked mode last night in bed in a social hub at Cetus Earth, and the performance wasn't as bad as I saw it in docked mode ironically... and it was even more busier... I wonder what that means...

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh I'm pretty sure I picked Excaliber last night and finished the tutorial. When I started the game this morning, I have a Volt now.

Anyone have the same issue?

Ketch

Oct 25, 2017
Clarified slightly on stream, there is no announced end date for account migrations yet but it is limited. They'll announce an end date later.

Tennogen (user created content) will come to Switch. They have to get the rights from the artists all over for the Nintendo Switch version.

So the tennigen we already bought will eventually be added to the migrated account?

XaosWolf

One Winged Slayer - Powered by Friendship™
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully my Tennogen skins get migrated over if those particular ones get released. Though they're rad enough to buy again if necessary.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Egh I really hope they fix this issue with migrating accounts causing the tutorial area to bug out. There's literally nothing I can do, deleting save data etc does nothing. I just can't progress in the tutorial on my ship - I literally can't play the game, it sucks super hard. About as game breaking as a bug can get!

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ugh I'm pretty sure I picked Excaliber last night and finished the tutorial. When I started the game this morning, I have a Volt now.

Anyone have the same issue?
...did you import an account from the PC or something?

I know I started my new Switch profile as a Mag, but when I imported my PC account, it changed my character to Excalibur because that's what I used on the PC

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really like how loot works in this game. You are not really getting new weapons in mission and combat, you are getting a bunch of random materials that you have no idea are for and may or may not be useful to some weapon you might want. Hard to get excited. I guess it's the price we have to pay with the game being f2p.

Some bp drop from missions, some you buy with credits from market, some you get for from clan research & some are drops from relics.

This is a F2P game, mechanics like time gate, grind gate and level gate are all part of it. If you can't get pass this first hill you will not have a good time, which I genuinely suspect many here that have never played a F2P title before and just looking at the game from a $60 retail angle will gave up playing shortly.

When many said this game is not for everyone, we are not just saying it as a cliche.

All solvable and done by other studios and games before. Fortnight shares the ingame earned V-bucks currency between PC, XBox, Switch & Mobile. Purchased currency stays on the platform (according to the responses I googled). That way, whatever "platform tax" the respective platform holder enforces continues to work. Purchased non currency items should be available everywhere.

Out of sync builds: Elite Dangerous also transitioned from PC first builds to synchronous update releases. PC serves as beta testbed. Here it's especially irritating that any form of cross play and unified account is missing, due to the grind heavy nature of the game.

War Thunder is furthest of the games I mentioned above. Cross play between PC and XBox as well as PC and PS4 is available, naturally the clients are in sync. Only the unified account isn't, which again, due to the grindy nature, "soft" locks people to one platform.

You're right though, with the mindset of "never going to happen" it's never going to happen. Most players will probabaly never notice or care and some very special, angstful PC players will probably applaud this, since they somehow can continue to entertain the idea that their master race platform is the center of the gaming world, at least for their game. But for me personally, the lack of these features is tangibly putting me off touching the game, because of the constellation I described above. And it stands to reason that as a studio, the devs of these games might maybe (!) benefit, if they didn't lock players onto a platform or forced them to progress separate accounts, but gave them free choice of the platform with unified account progress and also: free choice with whom to play with without forcing them into a specific gaming eco system.

It's a "Game as a Service". I cannot imagine that it's easier to maintain 4 separate services than one on different platforms, once every client has been synched and accounts have been unified.

TL;DR: Where there's a will, there's a way. Precedences exist and I feel with the rise of GaaS, they'll become more and more prevalent. I'd love if Warframe became one of them.

Does Fortnite have item trading between players that had equivalent real dollar value in the hundreds? Does Elite Dangerous updates pretty much every week? I don't know that cause I don't play them, but I can tell you warframe do.

Look, this is not the first time cross play/cross save were asked nor you are the first person who ask that question. This had been a talking point since Warframe launched on consoles 5 years ago and nothing has been done about that. May be if the Switch fanbase bitch about it enough it will finally happen but I strongly advise you to not hold your breath on that. Call me a pessimist.

So far, most group missions I've done were like speedruns. with player rushing like crazy. Sometimes I didn't even had to shoot one mob...

I know it's the beginning, but maaaan, it's not fun at all.

I suggest going solo intiallin so you can take your time learning and exploring the tiles, there are many many secrets to them that I still find myself not knowing after years of playing. Don't let the speed running ruin the tiles for you, take time to explore them initially.

The fact is in most nodes you will eventually speed run them out of necessity either solo or in a group cause you are ultimately there just to farm and speed running them is the fastest way to farm 99% of the time.

Last edited:

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
Did anyone else's completion stats not transfer? Does that mean I have to level up Warframes/weapons i already completed even though it won't count towards my rank?

Ketch

Oct 25, 2017
That would be my guess, like how the Fortuna stuff will be added when Fortuna comes out. They didn't bring that part up, Rebecca just mentioned that they were needing to rebuy the licences to use tennogen from the creators again.

Hmm. Yea most of my stuff transferred. But oddly the skins that didn't transfer were the two immortal skins I had. I thought those were DE owned.

Chae3001

Oct 27, 2017
Did anyone else's completion stats not transfer? Does that mean I have to level up Warframes/weapons i already completed even though it won't count towards my rank?

I'll have to look again when I get home, but the impression I get is that progression on the Switch starts from 0, but your progress from the PC is still there and counted. So you will keep making progress as before, just not reflected in the stats, as they only address time played on the Switch.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
Came in this game totally blind. I'm sad to say that my experience has been:
- Finish tutorial
- Do the first mission -> stealth regarding picking up the intel without being detected is required -> "UGGGGGGGGHH"
- Second mission -> "You've alerted the guards" -> Home -> Quit -> (+) -> Delete game

Sorry guys, this is absolutely not for me. Hope you have fun though! The core looks solid but I absolutely HATE stealth with a passion.

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
FYI for Nintendo's. Glitch, this may be a good add for the OT.

Alert drops are one of the primary reason to unlock the Star chart asap, as the alert only shows up in nodes you've unlocked. Don't miss out in drops cause of that.

Last edited:
- Finish tutorial
- Do the first mission -> stealth regarding picking up the intel without being detected is required -> "UGGGGGGGGHH"
- Second mission -> "You've alerted the guards" -> Home -> Quit -> (+) -> Delete game

Sorry guys, this is absolutely not for me. Hope you have fun though! The core looks solid but I absolutely HATE stealth with a passion.
Alerted the guards is a relic of when the game was all about stealthy ninjas.

Now only the spy missions have this as a mechanic and you can brute force with guns those.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
Really impressive for the hardware but it seems so complicated... Gameplay is meh too, the first missions were just so easy and the partners I had just rushed to the goal. Even though, this is too easy and not engaging. Back to Diablo 3 I guess.

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017

Alerting the guards anywhere outside of very specific locations in a spy mission is a bonus man. Loads more shit to kill. There's almost zero stealth required. The only time you need to be careful is in data locations in spy missions and even then they're environmental puzzles rather than stealth.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
Alerted the guards is a relic of when the game was all about stealthy ninjas.

Now only the spy missions have this as a mechanic and you can brute force with guns those.

When games do this shit I always feel like I'm going to be penalised in a very passive aggressive way for not playing the way the game expects me to even if such choice is explicitly given to me. I had exactly the same crap with Deus Ex HR and Dishonored.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
FYI for Nintendo's. Glitch, this may be a good add for the OT.

Alert drops are one of the primary reason to unlock the StarCraft asap, as the alert only shows up in nodes you've unlocked. Don't miss out in drops cause of that.

Oh I'm glad they have a switch specific one now.

Can anyone help me? I've purchased one of the packs in https://www.warframe.com/prime-access but I'm not sure if the pack can be applied for Switch? Is that webstore for the PC version only?

If you signed in with your Switch account it should only apply to the Switch. Check your inbox, or restart your game to see if it gets applied.

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
- Finish tutorial

While I said the game may not be for everyone but you are one of the most extreme case I've encountered.

Stealth gameplay in Warframe is like 0.0000001% of the content. This is like you don't want to get that TV from bestbuy cause the traffic light 4 blocks aways from the store does not have the the correct shade of green.

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
When games do this shit I always feel like I'm going to be penalised in a very passive aggressive way for not playing the way the game expects me to even if such choice is explicitly given to me. I had exactly the same crap with Deus Ex HR and Dishonored.

Seriously though. This is in no way shape or form a stealth game. It's Space Ninja diablo. The spy missions are the only ones you can fail for triggering an alarm and only then in the data locations. Not elsewhere on the map. Once you start to learn the tilesets you can just barge into a data location, trigger all the alarms you want and hack the console in one click with a cypher. After the alarm triggers you have 30 seconds. They're just environmental puzzles and most have multiple routes to get to the data anyway.

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
- Finish tutorial

honestly i haven't even played the game for years and I know for a fact 99% of its content is just going crazy shooting folks acrobatically. i played it for a few hours way back when and i didn't even know there were stealth missions

probably worth coming back to

It won't, you even have an item to solve instantly the puzzle that the stealth missions have at their end. you just enter, shoot, item, item and out.

Hell you can also just wait until the rest of the team does it for you, there are randoms that actually love doing them and have their warframe modded to do them as quick as possible.

Oh yeah there are frames with infinite invisibility so you don't even need to be stealthy just push a button.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
Seriously though. This is in no way shape or form a stealth game. It's Space Ninja diablo. The spy missions are the only ones you can fail for triggering an alarm and only then in the data locations. Not elsewhere on the map. Once you start to learn the tilesets you can just barge into a data location, trigger all the alarms you want and hack the console in one click with a cypher. After the alarm triggers you have 30 seconds. They're just environmental puzzles and most have multiple routes to get to the data anyway.

That's still too much stealth for my liking. If the game is about rushing from A to B killing everything in your path, just don't expect me to suddenly slow down and avoid being detected. It doesn't even work with the controls since it feels like there are just two running speeds: very fast and ridiculously fast. Just one forced (or passively-aggressively suggested) stealth section is enough to sour a whole game for me so I'd rather stop right now than invest a lot of time on it only to end up dreading it every single time one of those missions pop up.

Deleted member 10428

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Have they changed how upgrading mods work? I remember that you could combine duplicates to level them up but the only option I find for that is to pay to upgrade one mod?

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Have they changed how upgrading mods work? I remember that you could combine duplicates to level them up but the only option I find for that is to pay to upgrade one mod?

They made it so there is an upgrade resource called Endo, which you get off enemy drops, alerts, mission rewards, and dissolving down duplicate mods. So now you just need enough credits and endo to rank a mod up.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You are not required to like this game... it is Free 2 Play after all, and you can check back another time if you change your mind.

surr

Oct 27, 2017
Eh? Stealth? I played the first few missions as well and while the game encouraged you to stealth, I just went in with guns blazing and killed everything in sight and I was fine.

Radline

Oct 28, 2017
I'm amazed with how good this port is. Not much different from when I played on PS4. Kudos Panic Button.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I recall the mission he speaks of about the stealth thing... I got alerted, and failed a mission, yet in another time, they were alerted and I was still able to clear the mission with... as some said... guns blazing... or in some cases I literally just run past people and jump around like a mad man

Orio

Oct 27, 2017
I sometimes like to stealth spy missions for fun. But if I end up failing that it isn't the end of the world. The game doesn't particularly care and lets me keep playing as usual. Also with spy missions (except sortie ones and some other special cases) you only need to get ONE spy vault to not fail. You can mess up the other two and it's fine.

You really need to take what the game tells you with a grain of salt. Sometimes the game tells you to not alert anyone even in missions that are explicitly ABOUT alerting enemies.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Eh? Stealth? I played the first few missions as well and while the game encouraged you to stealth, I just went in with guns blazing and killed everything in sight and I was fine.
This is some straight up Dr. McNinja comedy here.

Dan: "You are the worst ninja I've ever seen."
Doc: "Hey, I got the job done, right?"
Dan: "You were NOT supposed to be seen!"
Doc: "I was supposed to prevent them from raising the alarm, which they technically didn't do."
Dan: "It's the principle of the thing!"