SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Where's that gif of Warren rubbing her hands with that gleeful smile during the debates?
EntireEnchantingGrouper-size_restricted.gif

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Curiously, how is Warren comparing with other Democratic nominees in terms of fundraising? NOt donor count, but dollar amount. I thought she was doing fairly well, near the top.

Something tells me this is either bull shit, a bluff, or a handful of idiots.

Wall Street Donors backed Clinton over Trump in 2016, and it didn't matter.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
"On the one hand, I'm against Trump's throwing-Mexican-babies-in-ovens policy.

On the other hand, that 2% wealth tax is higher than my actual shenanigans-adjusted tax rate.

Fuck Liz."

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
I know people already made this kind of statement as a joke, but honestly - no jokes - this is a ringing endorsement of her from me.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
""You're in a box because you're a Democrat and you're thinking, 'I want to help the party, but she's going to hurt me, so I'm going to help President Trump,'" said a senior private equity executive, who spoke on condition of anonymity in fear of retribution by party leaders."

So basically saying, "I am all for putting kids in cages if it keeps my bank account stacked."

Patrick Bateman is a documentary

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
...But why Warren specifically? Shouldn't they be equally afraid of Sanders, Harris, Beto and so on? I could see why they think Biden and possibly Yang would be in their favor, but why only name drop Warren?

Warren would be the most financially literate president we've ever had by far. Wall Street fears her because she understands their business better than many of them do.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
A hedge fund executive pointed to Trump's tax cut as a reason why his colleagues would not contribute or vote for Warren if she wins the nomination.

"I think if she can show that the tax code of 2017 was basically nonsense and only helped corporations, Wall Street would not like the public thinking about that," this executive said, also insisting on anonymity.
469.gif

Oct 26, 2017
I don't get why they prefer Trump?We are projected to be heading into a recession, which is definitely not good for their business. Like why would you want to choose the man who is leading us off a cliff for some short-term gains?

recessions don't hit the impact the rich as much and they have been given ample time to prepare. And they will have lots of cash to buy up things cheap during the fallout of the recession.

pirata

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, you'd rather support treason, concentration camps, and the annihilation of all life on earth rather than pay more taxes? Great to know. We'll remember that.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Yet another victory for Warren

She will undoubtedly use this for cred, and she absolutely should

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing how large sums of money just transition people's minds into such simple translations.

Destruction of country? Mass division? Countless other repercussions? Don't care. Money. MONEY.

Oct 26, 2017
When can we start eating the rich?

Also like many have said earlier, this is just going to help Warren even more with the average voter.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
If your support of a Democratic candidate is tempered by "but she's going to hurt me," you aren't much of a Democrat. I vote for higher taxes on myself all the time. I don't understand why people exponentially richer than myself are so greedy.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
And there you have it, democracy is a sort of illusion for the masses, it is big money interests picking the candidates that sing the tune closest to THEIR hearts. If you believe in democracy and fairness nobody should be able to stand for this. To equate someone's bank balance to their worth and to their democratic 'weight' is a vile corruption of the very notion of democracy. Might as well just go back a couple hundred years to Victoria times when the poor and women couldn't vote at all. At least then we'd know where we all stand.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
It may've already been said in here, but these folks typically donate to both sides, anyway, to cover themselves no matter who wins. They likely vote for the Republican, anyway.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
And there you have it, democracy is a sort of illusion for the masses, it is big money interests picking the candidates that sing the tune closest to THEIR hearts. If you believe in democracy and fairness nobody should be able to stand for this. To equate someone's bank balance to their worth and to their democratic 'weight' is a vile corruption of the very notion of democracy. Might as well just go back a couple hundred years to Victoria times when the poor and women couldn't vote at all. At least then we'd know where we all stand.

Well said, the very fact that there's an article like this about a few Wall Street executive donors and not about a few people in a swing state says it all.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
These articles can be annoying when they don't name names because less than 2 months ago we had Wall Street donors favor Warren over the possible frontrunners and was contrasting her with Sanders.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
If your support of a Democratic candidate is tempered by "but she's going to hurt me," you aren't much of a Democrat. I vote for higher taxes on myself all the time. I don't understand why people exponentially richer than myself are so greedy.
"A Warren presidency would slightly delay the purchase of my third vacation home? Welp, may as well support Trump, this injustice cannot stand..."

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Curiously, how is Warren comparing with other Democratic nominees in terms of fundraising? NOt donor count, but dollar amount. I thought she was doing fairly well, near the top.

Something tells me this is either bull shit, a bluff, or a handful of idiots.

Wall Street Donors backed Clinton over Trump in 2016, and it didn't matter.
She was having issues early on with the self-inflicted nuke (which may have turned out to have worked out on accident just by ripping the Band-Aid, even if it didn't go as planned) and was heavily relying on her transferred Senate campaign funds she had stashed away for a good bit. That probably has changed now.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
These people are in charge of predicting the market but can't read the room when it comes to public disdain for people like them.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We'll see them try.

It's weird to see these kind of articles while Twitter heads sweat up and down that Warren in the beloved establishment pick.

WarMacheen

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Get elected, destroy them all with oversight, tax increases, closing loop holes and generally having a good time while doing it.