Scrooge

Oct 25, 2017
Wall Street Democratic donors warn the party: We'll sit out, or back Trump, if you nominate Elizabeth Warren

Democratic donors on Wall Street and in big business are preparing to sit out the presidential campaign fundraising cycle — or even back President Donald Trump — if Sen. Elizabeth Warren wins the party's nomination.

In recent weeks, CNBC spoke to several high-dollar Democratic donors and fundraisers in the business community and found that this opinion was becoming widely shared as Warren, an outspoken critic of big banks and corporations, gains momentum against Joe Biden in the 2020 race.

"You're in a box because you're a Democrat and you're thinking, 'I want to help the party, but she's going to hurt me, so I'm going to help President Trump,'" said a senior private equity executive, who spoke on condition of anonymity in fear of retribution by party leaders. The executive said this Wednesday, a day after Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced that the House would begin a formal impeachment inquiry into Trump.

Rest here: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/26/wal...rs-may-back-trump-if-warren-is-nominated.html

Don't blame me for the title. Just a copy of the headline.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Trump has been the best thing for Wall street and many corporations since the Iraq War, almost all of them will back him easily.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
"You're in a box because you're a Democrat and you're thinking, 'I want to help the party, but she's going to hurt me, so I'm going to help President Trump,'"

Hurt?

Hurt!?

And so help Trump? Who throws kids into camps away from their parents and calls for political violence?

Good Lord.

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
Like they weren't going to already.

Rich people continue to be the biggest problem society faces. I'm all aboard for Warren.

Var

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
""You're in a box because you're a Democrat and you're thinking, 'I want to help the party, but she's going to hurt me, so I'm going to help President Trump,'" said a senior private equity executive, who spoke on condition of anonymity in fear of retribution by party leaders."

So basically saying, "I am all for putting kids in cages if it keeps my bank account stacked."

lobdale

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this sounds like a PR piece, the major Dem candidates fall all over themselves At Length to remind you that BIG WALL STREET CAN'T STAND ME!!!

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
This is just gonna help Warren even more.

lady justice is paying her dividends this week. Finally

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I want these assholes ripped out of their homes, kicking and screaming. Part of me thinks that is what we need.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Clearly a ploy so we nominate neoliberal corporate shill Elizabeth Warren

Now when they say they don't like Bernie they're totally not lying

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
Luckily there are only a few rich people as a % of population, really the only good thing about our income inequality. Unfourtunantly they can spend as much as they want, thanks to our crappy system. This is why you can't just accept it and hope for people in office you can trust. Even with trump they won't back warren. Hilarious.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Not too hard for me to believe this since I have to think any of these rich mother fuckers with flexible morals have been enjoying the shit out of Trump's tax cuts and wouldn't mind them to carry on.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
Has nobody told Wall Street about the anticipated massive crash in 2020 or are they all just that seriously far into denial when they believe Trump is going to continue to be "good" for the economy?

Or are they just betting against the foundations of the economy and hoping it happens so they can get rich?

massivekettle

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
This clearly shows the risk of championing extreme tax policies such as the wealth tax. Will be interesting if, to the extent she does win the nomination, she decides to tread more carefully about some of the hard left policies she has put forward so far this year.