Deleted member 19813

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
...but Amazon can't add protection and ship something without it looking like garbage before USPS even gets their crushing hands on it.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
That was pretty cool, and the host lady is a legit engineer, can we please have some respect? Yeah she is a bit cringe but she is excited.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Other than the cameras and sound being fucked that was a smooth take off and landing. Couldn't have asked for better really.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Musk launches his car into space: How cool is that?! Gonna order a Tesla!

Branson touches upper atmosphere: Look at this smug asshole.....

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Drakes next date idea, but if I had the money to spend, I'd rather get a ticket to Bezo's space trip as it seems cooler

Priapus

Oct 27, 2017
A bit underwhelmed. They have been at this for quite some time and the momentum seems to have halted. Nice for people to want to go kinda into space.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
That was a cool trip. Glad I watched. Could have done without all the stuff surrounding it it but whatevs

16bits

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
preeetty sure she knows more about these "things" than you being a virgin engineer and all. But yeah she has to fill all that time that was meant for richard speaking etc.

im sure she does.

however that was a completely boneheaded comment by her.

im also not convinced these passengers are "astronauts", in the true sense.

Bregor

Oct 27, 2017
Glad to see it went well. Sub-orbital flights might not be impressive next to other companies, but I'll take any addition to the space economy.

Anarion07

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Musk launches his car into space: How cool is that?! Gonna order a Tesla!

Branson touches upper atmosphere: Look at this smug asshole.....
Can you point to anyone who said the one thing AND the other?
its either hating both (billionaires and all) or liking both from what I see

16bits

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
This is not space tourism, it's cool like a bungee jump, but it's not for me.

let's hope bezos does it better than this.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
I do love the design of the plane though, so aesthetically pleasing as well as being a design marvel.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
See they even said it themselves for all those pissed off at Billionaires going into space, Space travel was only accomplished because of national pride, that's what it's all about, pride and accomplishments for a certain group.

Deleted member 73234

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 27, 2020
They're treating this like they're the first people to go to space since Apollo 11. Was there something about this that was unique from other recent space tourism? Did they go higher or something? Or is it just that it was Richard Branson?

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy to know that within my lifetime it will be possible for me to experience real micro gravity and see the earth from sub orbit/orbit someday. It's really something for all those people who dreamed of being an astronaut as a child but didn't/couldn't become one.

Fake Edit: Before someone says it's 250K per ticket, I'm taking about the future implication of this. It'll become relatively affordable one day within our lifetime.

They're treating this like they're the first people to go to space since Apollo 11. Was there something about this that was unique from other recent space tourism? Did they go higher or something? Or is it just that it was Richard Branson?
These are civilians sent out by a company, rather than government organisation. Commercial orbital/sub orbital flight is new.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
That was short, I really thought after all of that effort to get up there they'd spend more actual time in .....you know....space?

Glad it went well.

16bits

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
That was short, I really thought after all of that effort to get up there they'd spend more actual time in .....you know....space?

Glad it went well.

they were not in space, it was a really cool sub-orbital flight.

were they actually "wieghtless", or was it a better version of the vomit comet?

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Oh there's another one :/

Can't have a space launch without a mini concert in the middle of nowhere.

RunningMan

Oct 29, 2017
Pretty cool honestly. I see people saying they hope Bezos experience is better. What's so much different than what this was? Isn't bezos just going up to a similar distance to experience a few minutes of weightlessness as well? Only difference is the means to get up there correct?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
the big deal is its a civilian/commerical flight. That just plain old (billionaire) Richard Branson up there, not some trained air force astronaut - just a guy sat in a chair going into space. Thats pretty great.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

They were above the Kármán Line, which is the recognised, defined boundary between the atmosphere and space. They were in space.
Ignore this, I thought they went higher than they did.

Space is not defined by whether you're in orbit or not.

And yes, their experience of weightlessness was the same as the vomit comet, but this is no different than any other microgravity effect. The ISS astronauts are only weightless because the ISS is falling at the same rate it's travelling around the Earth.

Last edited:

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017

During one of the times the camera worked I saw a shoe drift past.

During the other times the camera worked, Branson kept holding hands with Sirisha Bandla, one of the crew members.