• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
cant show my daughter this, she would flip. This must be years away but its taken long enough for someone to try to realise the potential of an open world harry potter game. Could be incredible if handled correctly.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Looked maybe a bit rough in some ways but I'm definitely interested.

chobel

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was under the impression that the game will another cash grab licensed game, but this actually looks pretty good.

feyder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really hope this ends up being good.

Tbh if a company managed to do a 7-part game series that goes through each year and carries over your choices and friends/enemies you make and classes you take and all that...whew. Obviously easier said than done, but would be awesome.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Really hope this ends up being good.

Tbh if a company managed to do a 7-part game series that goes through each year and carries over your choices and friends/enemies you make and classes you take and all that...whew. Obviously easier said than done, but would be awesome.
I dunno if that'll ever happen, but considering how this starts you as a 5th year, it seems like a trilogy may be on the table which will do the same thing as long as this game does well.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Wow, this is exactly what I would have hoped a Harry Potter RPG would look like...very interested in seeing how this pans out!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
This reminds me of Dragon's Dogma, with Deep Down lighting and destruction.

Looks SOOOOOOOOOOOO good.

But I have to imagine this is either the best fan fake ever made or a next gen game. The way the spells cast lights and shadows that bounce everywhere, the quality of the regular shadows, the environmental destruction, and everything at a stable framerate... I doubt my PS4 can do that.

Would love to be wrong, though.

Dhuggs_

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
I'm still cautious, but that footage looks way too in depth to be fake but I could be wrong.

Hope not though, it looks amazing and I've been wanting a good Harry Potter game for years.

Council Pop

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Harry Potter IP is too famous/too high stakes to make a really good game out of, IMO. Star Wars suffers from these issues too. Also, the IP is so kid-focussed that they will never risk making a complex action RPG that will alienate anyone under 12 years old.

And why would you make a Harry Potter game and set it in the 19th century? A much more interesting approach would be Hogwarts in 2018, like a cross between Harry Potter and Life Is Strange.

Kolibri

Nov 6, 2017
Please don't be fake.

Please don't be fake.

PLEASE DON'T BE FAKE.

I have wanted this game since I was little, and this looks PERFECT.
Day one if real. I'd buy it for the rotating staircases in HD alone.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Will WB take this down anytime soon or will they keep it up? I mean if it's real i guess they don't want people to see it untill the reveal. Or maybe the buzz is really good so far and they use it as free PR?

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
I'd be all over this if it's real. I love Harry Potter. It would be way more hype for me than like Superman (zzzz) or another Lord of the Rings game.

I'm sure this has been brought up, but I'd only be on #teamfake since it's using music that's directly from the Fantastic Beasts movie trailers. That seems a little fishy.

NekoNeko

Coward
Oct 26, 2017
The Harry Potter IP is too famous/too high stakes to make a really good game out of, IMO. Star Wars suffers from these issues too. Also, the IP is so kid-focussed that they will never risk making a complex action RPG that will alienate anyone under 12 years old.

what? there have been really good SW games and the Harry Potter audience has lots of older fans that grew up with it. plenty of potential to make a really good game.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck. About damn time something like this happened!

Cautiously optimistic for how this turns out! Lets go!

feyder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

And why would you make a Harry Potter game and set it in the 19th century? A much more interesting approach would be Hogwarts in 2018, like a cross between Harry Potter and Life Is Strange.
There are many great Star Wars games though? And this starts at 5th year; if they really wanted to get the kids, they'd just start it at first year. Plus we see something getting impaled.

Deft Beck

Oct 26, 2017
Space
I don't really get the premise of being a "late transfer student" and being able to do all of that crazy shit you see in the trailer. Don't give me that "latent magical power" excuse, either.

It's going to feel pretty weird unless they justify it in the narrative.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Me before watching it:"Pssh a Harry Potter game? I bet it looks shitty"

After:"oh fuck that looks amazing and I want it"

Give it a good social system and it's perfect

Jul 13, 2018
What are the chances this is revealed later this year with later Q3 2019 release (August) and Rocksteady's title for Q4 2019 (November)? I'm guessing it's a 2020 title personally.

Emka

Oct 27, 2017
That doesn't look half bad.
u0Da6aa.png

Oct 30, 2017
IM IN. GIVE IT TO ME. GIVE IT TO ME NOW. I don't care what platform. They could say to hell with it and put it on PS3 and I'd still be there day 1

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really get the premise of being a "late transfer student" and being able to do all of that crazy shit you see in the trailer. Don't give me that "latent magical power" excuse, either.

It's going to feel pretty weird unless they justify it in the narrative.
You're going to be 'special'

Cabbagehead

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

No