• Donate

• Phonebank/Textbank

• Canvass/Knock on Doors

• Fundraise/Organize

• Run for elected office

Results are only viewable after voting.

machtia

Oct 29, 2017
I dunno what he did, but if he did it, he must have said he did it and then he did it I assume, I can't remember specifically what that was but it's pretty clear to me at this point, excuse me while I stare off in a random direction to avoid having to back up anything I say.

View: https://x.com/RpsAgainstTrump/status/1847325714514587832

I wish he'd asked the follow-up question: "Why do you like Trump then if you can't remember anything he did?"

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The biggest weakness of polling is that the top pollsters still rely on people answering their phones when a random number calls. That leads to gaps. And I personally think those gaps get greater as time goes on. As time goes on, I think fewer and fewer people will answer a random number.

I got a poll via text, I was going to answer it but it took me to a website that asked for more info. I noped out! I get enough emails lol.

I wonder how many of people like me are polls missing?

Dang i didn't think of that too. Yeah nobody i know even answers the phone for unknown numbers unless they were expecting a call anymore. Screens the voicemail only

ya know i don't seem to even get scam calls anymore and the blocking got better i've noticed but they sure did train us well to not even answer now

I was getting a increased number of scam likely calls and it was getting to annoy me, but then I remembered someone in this thread saying pollsters might be under these spam/scam numbers so i decided to answer and it was indeed a woman asking if I was voting yes on 3(abortion ban thing in Missouri) and if I planned to early vote on the 22nd. I normally just don't answer these just out of instinct, God knows how many people my age does this.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
lol well you could say the same about any man
As much as we talk about how Republicans have a woman problem, Democrats absolutely have a male problem as well and I really worry that Trump's barnstorming of the maleverse podcast circuit and really targeting young men through UFC appearances/DeChambeau YouTube appearances and stuff like that is going to activate a lot of these voters.

A lot of what the electorate is sorting about is how they think gender and gender roles should order society. It's not just about policy — I feel like you're seeing a "you're not a real man if you don't vote for Trump" type stuff, which could be very potent. This is the type of stuff that keeps me up at night.

ironichaos

Oct 31, 2017
www.ajc.com

Georgia passes 1 million early voting mark

More than 1 million Georgia voters have already cast ballots as the state remains a focus of one of the closest presidential contests in recent memory.

Georgia passed the 1 million-vote milestone just before noon on the fourth day of early in-person voting, according to Gabriel Sterling, the chief deputy to Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
As much as we talk about how Republicans have a woman problem, Democrats absolutely have a male problem as well and I really worry that Trump's barnstorming of the maleverse podcast circuit and really targeting young men through UFC appearances/DeChambeau YouTube appearances and stuff like that is going to activate a lot of these voters.

A lot of what the electorate is sorting about is how they think gender and gender roles should order society. It's not just about policy — I feel like you're seeing a "you're not a real man if you don't vote for Trump" type stuff, which could be very potent. This is the type of stuff that keeps me up at night.
I guess that's the last line of defense for Trump supporters these days.

Can't win/persuade on policy, character, fitness, mental acuity, record, foreign relations and charisma.

So the only thing Trump has going for him is that he has a dick and balls between his legs and lacks melanin in his skin.

ironichaos

Oct 31, 2017
www.newsweek.com

Kamala Harris has won over 60% of undecided voters in past month: poll

Undecided voters who chose who they would vote for in the past week and month broke for Harris, according to the poll.

Emerson College polling, conducted between October 14 and 16, shows that among undecided voters who chose who they would vote for in the past week or month, 60 percent opted for the Democratic vice president, while 36 percent opted for Republican former President Donald Trump.

Among those voters, 57 percent opted for Harris in the past month, while 41 percent opted for Trump. Meanwhile, among undecided voters who chose who they would vote for in the past week, 65 percent chose Harris, while 27 percent opted for Trump.

Voters who decided who to support over a month ago broke for Trump, 52 percent to 48 percent.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
I guess that's the last line of defense for Trump supporters these days.

Can't win/persuade on policy, character, fitness, mental acuity, record, foreign relations and charisma.

So the only thing Trump has going for him is that he has a dick and balls between his legs and lacks melanin in his skin.
I mean yeah — that's why she's only 2.5% ahead in the PV and he had a 50/50 shot to win.

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
Here's a proper analysis from Mike Madrid from October 13th.

The economy is apparently the biggest factor for Latinos right now. Not the threat of deporatation. Because not having food on the table is a "now" problem, while unlawful deportation is a bridge to be crossed (no pun intended) later.

View: https://x.com/madrid_mike/status/1845560283022111015

Biden-Harris 2020 performance was not good with Hispanics.

The campaign denied it even happened for months and now they're telling you it's a good thing.

Today's polling has her 6% weaker than Biden and Trump 1% stronger than in 2020.

Important findings:

9% of Harris Latino support wants "to build a wall and deport undocumented residents"

The idea that messaging attacking Trump more on 'mass deportations' is patently wrong.

That would kill the campaign
Harris is right on both tone and message. She's fighting 15 years of bad messaging and strategy and it's coming home to roost. She has had less than 100 days to fix the problem and she's doing a good job of it. She has to keep the gap close & she is.
Only 20% of Hispanics think the economy is "good" or "excellent"

These are brutal numbers. Brutal.

But even with losing on the top two issues cited by Latinos there's another challenge that explains the Democrats slide….
Latinos don't believe the Democrats can or will solve their problems even though they believe they understand them better than Republicans.

That's really really tough.

This explains all the money and 'historically early investments' being made by Democrats not working anymore.
46% of Latinos say Democrats keep their promises & Dems fared poorly on questions like whether the Dem party can 'fix problems for people like me' even as they excel on 'understand the problems facing people like me'
And that's the nugget of the problem - and how it can be fixed in time to win - get this, only 50% of Latinos believe Harris would do more to help them personally compared to 37% for Trump.

But….
Only 30% of Latinos belive Trump understands the problems of people like us…and there's the opening.

7% of Latinos support Trump but don't believe he understands problems of people like them.

They've just given up all hope on Democrats because they've never delivered.
Democrats need to show that Trump ain't like us - Call it the Kendrick Lamar "They not like us" - talk about her relatibility struggling in the lower middle class

It's not immigration. It's not building a wall. It's not mass deportations.
"They not like us"

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Here's a proper analysis from Mike Madrid from October 13th.

The economy is apparently the biggest factor for Latinos right now. Not the threat of deporatation. Because not having food on the table is a "now" problem, while unlawful deportation is a bridge to be crossed (no pun intended) later.

View: https://x.com/madrid_mike/status/1845560283022111015

Tough road to hoe. Feels like it's a stalemate. I don't see how disappointment with Dems letting them down leads to voting in the guy that might give you a few more meals before he kicks your ass out. Seems like neither party has the answer.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
What the hell…

Elon Musk Offers Pennsylvania Voters $100 Each As He Drums Up Trump Support

www.newsweek.com

Elon Musk offers Pennsylvania voters $100 each as he drums up Trump support

Elon Musk is offering $100 to registered voters in Pennsylvania to sign a pro-Donald Trump petition "in support of free speech" and the "right to bear arms."

That seems crazy illegal
It's not. He's technically offering them $100 to sign the petition, not $100 to register or vote for Trump

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017

Democrats do have a big male problem. It's not uncommon in progressive spaces. Whenever talk of young men struggling is brought up it gets shouted down as if it's a zero sum game.

I've even seen glee in progressive spaces about young men not coupling up or graduating college.

Weirdly I think a female candidate is better poised to address this in terms of optics.

FantasticToma

Sep 21, 2024
Germany
One thing that bothers me for years, maybe someone can answer this:

The big problem in the USA is the electoral voting system, where not the candidate with the most vote wins, but the candidate who wins most states, basically invalidating millions of votes. WHY did the Biden-government not use its time and try to change this system? Change it so that the candidate that is voted by most people is the winner.

Leona Lewis

Oct 25, 2017

The big problem in the USA is the electoral voting system, where not the candidate with the most vote wins, but the candidate who wins most states, basically invalidating millions of votes. WHY did the Biden-government not use its time and try to change this system? Change it so that the candidate that is voted by most people is the winner.
That would require a constitutional amendment, which in turn requires a congressional supermajority that neither party will likely ever attain in our lifetimes.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017

If only it were that easy. Trust me, a LOT of people want that.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

That would require fundamental changes to the constitution, and you'd need like, the entire government on board with it.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone

The Electoral College is in the constitution, so changing that is going to be essentially impossible.

Claire Delune

10 Years in the Making
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Seattle Area
I can kinda understand how the GOP as a while might make some gains with minority demographics. I think it's self-destructive, but I can at least conceptualize the existence of the fuck you got mine mindset.

But moving toward specifically supporting Trump? Fucking what? How? Why? What's wrong with you?

avatars-000011285492-pgogv6-t240x240.jpg

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Requires a constitutional amendment and thus you need a lot of Republican support in congress for it which is basically impossible since getting even 60% of vote in the House and Senate is so difficult. Constitutional amendment requires 2/3rd super majority which in today's day and age is impossible for anything but the most obvious no brainer changes.

That said if somehow Trump wins popular vote and loses electoral college narrowly then you can be damn sure the GOP will push to change it.

Zoph

Oct 25, 2017

It would have to be done by constitutional amendment, a functionally impossible process in 2024.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Can someone explain the context of Kamala telling someone they are at the wrong rally and it blowing up?

Or is this another nothing that's being desperately tried to be made into a something.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Is there an aggregate that removes the trash?
VoteHub only adds A/B rated pollsters...but to be honest the averages really aren't that much better. Yes, junk polls influence the margins...but not much. And they are just that *margins*. It's a razor thin race no matter which pollster or aggregator you look at. Some have Trump up, some have her up...but even if they all had Trump up it's still just coin flip territory.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain the context of Kamala telling someone they are at the wrong rally and it blowing up?

Or is this another nothing that's being desperately tried to be made into a something.

Some anti abortion protesters showed up to one of her rally's and she said they were probably at the wrong one and probably meant to attend the smaller rally down the road.

ForgeForsaken

Oct 27, 2017
20 minutes into the future.

This is a huge undertaking and not something the President can do and would require amendments to the constitution that would need to be both approved by congress and ratified by the 3/4ths of the states.

Quinton

Staff Writer at TheGamer / Reviewer at RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar, With Love
VoteHub only adds A/B rated pollsters...but to be honest the averages really aren't that much better. Yes, junk polls influence the margins...but not much. And they are just that *margins*. It's a razor thin race no matter which pollster or aggregator you look at. Some have Trump up, some have her up...but even if they all had Trump up it's still just coin flip territory.

Exactly

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If you're feeling bad vibes about the election, I get it, but I think whatever bad news or things you're hearing that are making you nervous are being amplified by rightwing trolls and bots on social media, and bad faith actors from various outlets who want you to click their article for the ad revenue. Cut through that and it's clear as day that we have the momentum.

Within the past few days we've had some disastrous Trump interviews, some very good Harris Q&As, strong polling from women and independents, some media outlets FINALLY calling out Trump's mental and physical health, people holding his feet to the fire regarding January 6th, early voting breaking records in multiple states...

Don't pay attention to anything that you haven't seen with your own eyes. Don't worry about the Nate Silvers of the world who are profiting from the horse race.

We are in a good place right now. Phone bank if you can. Canvass if you can. Join in on the positive vibes and ride the wave for another two weeks.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
So Trump is surging then.

Well that sucks
Looking at the Nate tweet he doesn't say Trump is surging. The averages are getting tighter, sure. But but 0.5% towards Trump is hardly a surge and doesn't change the MOE much. The race remains a 50/50 tossup based on forecasts and aggregates and I don't see anyone arguing otherwise.

If averages were suddenly jumping 2 percent or more in Trump's favor like they were after the Biden debate then there would be a cause for concern. But they aren't.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL

Not sure what you mean by "blowing up", but Kamala responded to anti-abortion protestors at one of her rallies the other day by telling them they're at the wrong rally and to go attend the smaller one (for Trump) down the street.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
www.newsweek.com

Kamala Harris has won over 60% of undecided voters in past month: poll

Undecided voters who chose who they would vote for in the past week and month broke for Harris, according to the poll.
When we talk about momentum, this is momentum. She is putting herself out there while Trump hides away on podcasts and fox news...and it seems to be playing well.

There are plenty of baked in voters on each side, but when it shows her gaining independents the past couple weeks at clips like this, that is why we say ignore the aggregates and just turn up to vote.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017

A lot of countries struggle with a solution to this. Say for example Ireland. Should the residents of Dublin control the entire country? The bigger solution is having more than 2 parties.