• Donate

• Phonebank/Textbank

• Canvass/Knock on Doors

• Fundraise/Organize

• Run for elected office

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
I have seen a lot of news outlets sharing the story about Trump refusing interviews because of exhaustion. Out of every insane thing he has done lately this one seems to be spreading like wildfire.

Hopefully, if nothing else it's a direct challenge to his image, while so many other things should have stuck, I'll take it if this is the one he can't escape from.

CharmyCharm

Sep 24, 2024
South Carolina
Sitting with protection. Wonder how many seats have had to be replaced after Trump this year.

View: https://x.com/meiselasb/status/1847317252754076064

I mean if those are essentially accident pads then worse case scenario for him he's having prostrate issues. Least case would be just bad pelvic floor muscles, nerve damage from other issues like diabetes. That plus the reports of exhaustion there's definitely something happening with him.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
538 polling averages have Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Nevada all tied now, and the national average is down to +2.1 for Harris. a polling error in favor of the Dems would be nice but otherwise this is shaping up to be even closer than 2016 and 2020.

haven't there been reports that this might be because these averages are being pushed by a bunch of R-leaning polls?

DasRavenEra

Oct 27, 2017
RDU
Two hours end to end in Wake County, NC. My kid also mailed their ballot off. +3 for a New Way Forward

Line was still ~2h when we left.
My location processed 1500+ yesterday and similar pace today.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Sitting with protection. Wonder how many seats have had to be replaced after Trump this year.

View: https://x.com/meiselasb/status/1847317252754076064

Not blaming you, but as a disabled person and an advocate for the disabled I hate that once again people who struggle with these issues have to deal with the constant jokes and insults. The people wearing diapers at Trump rallies as some kind of fake solidarity immediately springs to mind.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
The donors tried this already, though. They put serious money into DeSantis to stop Trump. It was a disaster. They also tried to pull support after Jan 6, but Trump survived that as well. Every time, they come crawling back.

Mark my words. If Trump loses, this is the end of him as an actual candidate. He will be way too old and it's clear that a lot in the party hold their nose and support him. This absolutely will be the final straw. They tried their best to move past him but it was clear there was no path without him, it was also clear that he would sink the party if they burned him so they had to put up with it. My guess is that next time around he'll run again, but the party won't let him and they'll go down because he'll take a huge chunk of his base with him.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

machtia

Oct 29, 2017
Why tf are Latino men voting Trump?
On top of what's been said already, there were multiple disinfo campaigns targeting Latino groups starting last election that no one paid much attention to. Dems (kind of) worked to fight it this time, but it's like swimming upstream. Combine it with the manosphere in general leaning hard toward Trump, and it all makes an unfortunate kind of sense.

Sobriquet

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wilmington, NC
I woke up early, couldn't go back to sleep
Cause I had been thinking of where it all would lead
So I made you wake up, I said "Let's take a walk
I wanna hold your hand, we don't have to talk."

And there's a big day coming, about a mile away
There's a big day coming, and I can hardly wait
I can hardly wait

-Yo La Tengo Big Day Coming
I'm going to see a private YLT show for Kamala next weekend ❤️

ironichaos

Oct 31, 2017
Latest newsletter from Heather Cox Richardson…

heathercoxrichardson.substack.com

October 17, 2024

In a new rule released yesterday, the Federal Trade Commission requires sellers to make it as easy to cancel a subscription to a gym or a service as it is to sign up for one.

In a new rule released yesterday, the Federal Trade Commission requires sellers to make it as easy to cancel a subscription to a gym or a service as it is to sign up for one. In a statement, FTC chair Lina Khan explained the reasoning behind the "click-to-cancel" rule: "Too often, businesses make people jump through endless hoops just to cancel a subscription," she said. "Nobody should be stuck paying for a service they no longer want." Although most of the new requirements won't take effect for about six months, David Dayen of The American Prospect noted that the stock price of Planet Fitness fell 8% after the announcement.

When he took office in January 2021, with democracy under siege from autocratic governments abroad and an authoritarian movement at home, President Joe Biden set out to prove that democracy could deliver for the ordinary people who had lost faith in it. The click-to-cancel rule is an illustration of an obvious and long-overdue protection, but it is only one of many ways—$35 insulin, new bridges, loan forgiveness, higher wages, good jobs—in which policies designed to benefit ordinary people have demonstrated that a democratic government can improve lives.

Although democracy has been delivering for Americans, Donald Trump and MAGAs rose to power by convincing those left behind by 40 years of supply-side economics that their problem was not the people in charge of the government, but rather the government itself.

Trump wants to get rid of the current government so that he can enrich himself, do whatever he wants to his enemies, and avoid answering to the law. The Christian nationalists who wrote Project 2025 want to destroy the federal government so they can put in place an authoritarian who will force Americans to live under religious rule. Tech elites like Elon Musk and Peter Thiel want to get rid of the federal government so they can control the future without having to worry about regulations.

Their attack on democracy has another problem, as well. In addition to the reality that democracy has been delivering for Americans for more than three years now—and pretty dramatically—Trump is no longer a strongman. Vice President Kamala Harris is outperforming him in the theater of political dominance. And as she does so, his image is crumbling.

gotanysnacks

Jul 27, 2024
Even when the Fox interviews are pre-recorded and full of hard hitting questions like "what's your favorite animal" he still can't keep up anymore. Very curious to see how he looks in another week or so.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
You can really see how his twisted mind works.

Folks have been saying recently that Trump's use of that 1700s law to imprison immigrants and his enemies was like the "Japanese internment camps"...so he's using that analogy for himself to make himself and his followers the victims. It's classic Trump.

The 1798 Alien Enemies Act that Trump wants to use was the actual legal basis used for the Japanese-American internment camps, so probably one of his fascist goons like Stephen Miller told Trump about it and how it could be used to round up people. So now it's rattling around in his head and giving himself away.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Got a good laugh at one of the top stories on one of the more notorious conservative safe spaces being about how Maxim magazine has endorsed Trump for President.

Quinton

Staff Writer at TheGamer / Reviewer at RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar, With Love
Is there an aggregate that removes the trash?

Yeah, and it's not far off from what the trash has, but I guess it depends on whether someone thinks the higher-rated polls are, in fact, trash.

EDIT: Technically, what I mean is that even Silver himself has demonstrated what the removal of all but high-rated pollsters does for each of the three leading models (not just his).

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Nate released an article a few days ago that if you remove the more partisan or lower tier pollsters it doesn't move the average that much at all. And Silver Bulletin compared to some of the averages from other sites is barely different.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
I don't even know why we bother explaining how polling aggregators work tbh. Or, what they are used for. I feel like I've been beating my head against a wall in here on the topic.