For US politics and election threads
Status
Not open for further replies.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
The question of who is and isn't speaking at the DNC is so low-impact that I can't imagine it being contentious. Who cares if Biden is speaking there, the Democrats should be showing that multiple living presidents belong to the party.

Honestly the shitty one is Bill Clinton from a moral perspective and he'll likely bring the house down with his speech.
we need Carter to phone in to really show off

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
The question of who is and isn't speaking at the DNC is so low-impact that I can't imagine it being contentious. Who cares if Biden is speaking there, the Democrats should be showing that multiple living presidents belong to the party.

Honestly the shitty one is Bill Clinton from a moral perspective and he'll likely bring the house down with his speech.

It's really a bit silly.

Like you said, just having all these living presidents is a massive flex on Republicans and a moral boost for the older Dem voters. None of them are perfect and they have all their flaws; you could point to any of them and go "why are they there?".

I also wonder if we'll get a recorded message from Jimmy Carter.

Make The Cyber Great Again.

Becomes first GamerGate president.

"What's with this woke nonsense in GTA8? Huh? When I was a kid, we had GTA Tycoon in Roblox where we used to drop hard Rs left and right. Now they let you make non-binary characters in GTAO? You can't even be a Nazi anymore without them banning you. Gaming is dead."

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
it's so, so hard to imagine donald trump having a normal human interaction with a child

or an adult

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
it's so, so hard to imagine donald trump having a normal human interaction with a child

or an adult
trumpmow-1505502580.jpg

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Becomes first GamerGate president.

"What's with this woke nonsense in GTA8? Huh? When I was a kid, we had GTA Tycoon in Roblox and we used to drop hard Rs left and right and now they let you make non-binary characters in GTAO? You can't even be a Nazi anymore without them banning you. Gaming is dead."
That's honestly perfect

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020

"We look forward to Vice President Harris joining a roundtable of rank-and-file Teamsters to discuss the issues of importance to workers," Kara Deniz, the Teamster's assistant director of communications, told The Hill.

The Harris campaign has received a number of high-profile labor endorsements including the United Auto Workers (UAW) and American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO), but the Teamsters have notably not endorsed a presidential candidate in the upcoming election.

Former President Trump attended a roundtable hosted by the Teamsters on Jan. 31, and Teamsters General President Sean O'Brien called the former president "one tough S.O.B." during remarks at the Republican National Committee last month in Milwaukee.

O'Brien has also requested to speak at the Democratic National Convention next week in Chicago. So far, he has not been invited.

Royalan

Not actually the youngest mod — AP Fact Check
Oct 24, 2017
I've said it before, but man, the "childless" bullshit is so laughable. This is a woman who adores, respects, and builds up kids. She's a mama 100%.

It was the "Look at you! come here let me see you!" that pleasantly triggered me.

I don't know why aunties like inspecting you like that. 😂

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imo, convention speakers that aren't the candidates are just for politics nerds. Undecideds never give a shit who speaks Monday-Wednesday for either convention unless there's some relative unknown breakout speech like Obama's in 2004.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
That's honestly perfect

Can you imagine how disconnected he will be to his generation, too?

"I mean, you know what it's like, right? Mom and dad buy you $5000 in Vbucks every season, you just collect everything and archive the woke bullshit you don't like. You get a significant share of stock in Activision for Christmas. Rudy Guiliani gets you a fuckin' Turtle Beach headset that was probably fucking $40 at Walmart, the cheap m..."

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
The conventions have never really been for the undecideds anyway, they're to hype up the base. People are really getting their hopes up for the DNC moving the polls, but convention bounces typically fade within a few weeks. It's gonna take more than that for sustained movement.

Malleymal

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly… I just hope baron is just like his no personality having brothers. If he has a personality and 6-8. I can only imagine

RMChoodie

Dec 27, 2021
American in Costa Rica
I was like, what?
Then I googled, and holy shit - did that fucker actually kill a dog?
Like, holy shit!
Baron is the biggest talker in the family more than Don Jr they don't want a mic near him.
Students/teachers have said he brags that he doesn't have to listen to anyone in his family. His dad is a dumbass he told one of his teachers. He has sociopathic tendencies according to other students he's isolated and doesn't want his mom to pretend they are married if his dad wins. She was going to divorce him right after he lost in 2016 but…..unfortunately that never occurred. Melania has a younger man in her life as Donald imploded .

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Imo, convention speakers that aren't the candidates are just for politics nerds. Undecideds never give a shit who speaks Monday-Wednesday for either convention unless there's some relative unknown breakout speech like Obama's in 2004.

I imagine, at the very least, the Clinton/Obama/Biden speeches will wind up clipped and floating around on social media.

coffeelvr

Nov 8, 2022
The convention is mostly to get the base, local party leaders and volunteers together and energized. Most people will only watch when Harris speaks.

Bengraven