Status
Not open for further replies.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
So what happens if congress starts issuing subpoena's and those people refuse to show up/turn over documents? I'm specifically referring to people with presidential protections, lackeys and lower level staff.

Can congress indict people themselves? Does the DOJ decide what to do with them, if so can Whittaker just shield them?
I seem to recall that contempt of Congress is surprisingly more toothless than one would expect, but that it could be made stricter. Not sure if that would require Senate approval, though.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ironically, I've heard through the grapevine that oil prices in New England are going to explode because of some type of dispute between the main supplier and buyers in the area? Not sure how accurate it is though.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017

thank you President T

Is he doing a comedy routine with a face painted on his hand when he talks like this?

rVWEVhX.gif

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
The issue is that you need to get money into it.

Alaska has a Sovereign Wealth Fund because they stick their oil money into it. North Dakota could create a Sovereign Wealth Fund pretty easily, but other states?

It would be a lot slower and you might need to get creative like legalizing weed and using the proceeds from that to fund your fund. Move away from an incarceration system penal system to one that simply fines (sometimes significantly) for non-violent offenders, and stick the money from that and the money you save into the fund, etc. etc.

The Federal Government just has access to a lot more taxes and ways to get money into the fund.

What if they take a share of social security tax (after they eliminate the cap of course) and use it to fund the SWF?

Don't like Singapore and Australia do something similar? Superannuation or something? Just force people to invest in 401K vehicle. This should be SUPPLEMENTARY to regular social security.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017

There is no longer a right wing media -> political pipeline.

When you abandon all ethics concerns, you simply make policy and report on it simultaneously.

I know that Shine isn't technically in the building anymore, but still.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Utah:

Josh Dawsey @jdawsey1

A Republican senator responds to POTUS claim that the CIA did not determine the crown prince was responsible for the Khashoggi killing.

Chuck Todd @chucktodd

.@SenMikeLee on Pres. Trump's dismissal of CIA assessment that MBS ordered Khashoggi killing: "I disagree with the President's assessment. It's inconsistent with the intelligence I've seen...Intelligence I've seen suggests this was ordered by the crown prince." #MTP

Sixth time this past week overall:

Mark Knoller @markknoller

Pres back at his Trump Intl Golf Club in FL again this morning. 5th day in a row. He is scheduled to return to DC later in the day. He's back on the road on Monday to do 2 campaign rallies in Mississippi for @cindyhydesmith, in a Senate runoff Tuesday against @espyforsenate.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Sixth time this past week overall:

Mark Knoller @markknoller

Pres back at his Trump Intl Golf Club in FL again this morning. 5th day in a row. He is scheduled to return to DC later in the day. He's back on the road on Monday to do 2 campaign rallies in Mississippi for @cindyhydesmith, in a Senate runoff Tuesday against @espyforsenate.

Shows just how worried the GOP is about the Hyde-Smith race. This will take a miracle to pull off but at least it shows concern about a state that the GOP probably never expected to show like this.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Yikes

On November 27, Fox News launches Fox Nation, a 24/7 streaming service for the "Fox News superfan." In addition to historical specials and apolitical cooking shows, the streaming service -- which shares a name with a defunct Fox website -- will provide unlimited right-wing misinformation to millions of homes across the United States. Many Fox Nation hosts are also on Fox News or Fox Business, where Media Matters has compiled their extensive records of bigotry, misinformation, and conspiracy theories.

Piecake

Oct 27, 2017
What if they take a share of social security tax (after they eliminate the cap of course) and use it to fund the SWF?

Don't like Singapore and Australia do something similar? Superannuation or something? Just force people to invest in 401K vehicle. This should be SUPPLEMENTARY to regular social security.

That sounds illegal as states can't divert funds meant from social security to fund something else.

If Congress passed a law saying that states could do that then it would be a different story.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Elijah Cummings on MTP re: Congressional action, subpoenas: "We only have two years; we can't hit the ground running, we have to hit the ground flying."

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Papadapolous is being done in by his wife and he's too stupid to realize lol.

You mean definitely not low level Russian (Italian) remote control EU "diplomatic operative" oh what a coincidence lady?

Her real story is incredibly suspicious anyway but she doesn't do herself any favors with her shifting MOs. I'm shocked if that's how she's been told to behave.

LinktothePastGOAT

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You mean definitely not low level Russian (Italian) remote control EU "diplomatic operative" oh what a coincidence lady?

Her real story is incredibly suspicious anyway but she doesn't do herself any favors with her shifting MOs. I'm shocked if that's how she's been told to behave.

Lol yep. Comes across as a robot indeed. But hey, Papa is in love

Allard23

Nov 7, 2018
The email thing really has them spooked. Let's see if her emails go missing too.
I don't think they're spooked at all.

It mattered for Hillary because it was Hillary - the underlying crime is kind of meaningless ultimately. People aren't going to care about this. I hope the Dems don't press this to be honest.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017

I didn't realize they married *this year.* Criminal indictments can't stand in the way of love.

Also, I like what information Wikipedia/Google surfaces in web results:

bdibm.jpg

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they're spooked at all.

It mattered for Hillary because it was Hillary - the underlying crime is kind of meaningless ultimately. People aren't going to care about this. I hope the Dems don't press this to be honest.

It literally depends what's in them. If Hillary had emails selling off US assets to dangerous regimes for personal financial gain then we'd ALL care about the content. Regardless of the security wrapper.

Oct 25, 2017

TREYGOWDYsaysnoseriousinterviewcanbeconductedinpublicTREYGOWDYsaysnoseriousinterviewcanbeconductedinpublicTREYGOWDYsaysnoseriousinterviewcanbeconductedinpublicTREYGOWDYsaysnoseriousinterviewcanbeconductedinpublicTREYGOWDYsaysnoseriousinterviewcanbeconductedinpublicTREYGOWDYsaysnoseriousinterviewcanbeconductedinpublicTREYGOWDYsaysnoseriousinterviewcanbeconductedinpublicTREYGOWDYsaysnoseriousinterviewcanbeconductedinpublicTREYGOWDYsaysnoseriousinterviewcanbeconductedinpublicTREYGOWDYsaysnoseriousinterviewcanbeconductedinpublicTREYGOWDYsaysnoseriousinterviewcanbeconductedinpublicTREYGOWDYsaysnoseriousinterviewcanbeconductedinpublicTREYGOWDYsaysnoseriousinterviewcanbeconductedinpublicTREYGOWDYsaysnoseriousinterviewcanbeconductedinpublicTREYGOWDYsaysnoseriousinterviewcanbeconductedinpublicTREYGOWDYsaysnoseriousinterviewcanbeconductedinpublicTREYGOWDYsaysnoseriousinterviewcanbeconductedinpublicTREYGOWDYsaysnoseriousinterviewcanbeconductedinpublicTREYGOWDYsaysnoseriousinterviewcanbeconductedinpublicTREYGOWDYsaysnoseriousinterviewcanbeconductedinpublicTREYGOWDYsaysnoseriousinterviewcanbeconductedinpublicTREYGOWDYsaysnoseriousinterviewcanbeconductedinpublicTREYGOWDYsaysnoseriousinterviewcanbeconductedinpublicTREYGOWDYsaysnoseriousinterviewcanbeconductedinpublicTREYGOWDYsaysnoseriousinterviewcanbeconductedinpublicTREYGOWDYsaysnoseriousinterviewcanbeconductedinpublicTREYGOWDYsaysnoseriousinterviewcanbeconductedinpublic

giphy.gif

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
Bingo. The email stuff will probably only get minor attention given that there is plenty of other juicy avenues they can explore.

The email stuff should get major attention because it should allow her personal emails to be subpoenaed to find out what is in there. That's what Gowdy is being disingenuous about.

LinktothePastGOAT

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So seeing as how the republicans never pursued charges against folks that refused to comply, what if Comey refuses to testify closed doors?

Status
Not open for further replies.