Status
Not open for further replies.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
So much of what Trump has said in these press conferences will be used in ads as the death toll continues to rise and the hospital crisis looms. Give it a week or two

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
I made my 52% Biden - 46% Trump - 2 % third parties prediction months ago, and I'll stick with it.

House Democrats will outrun Biden because of incumbency and ticket splitting, winning the generic vote by 6.5 - 8%.

We win CO, AZ, ME, NC Senate seats with a good shot at a few others.

mo60

Oct 25, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta
just want to remind folks that Hillary was polling above Trump by 7 to 12 points in late march 2016

y"know, keep that in mind
There's a good chance these numbers don't fluctuate much until election day with how things have been changing daily recently. Biden's big lead is baked in and it will be hard for trump to reduce it significantly now that he is a known quantity.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
That poll is incredibly recent and I wonder if that "maybe old people dying for the economy is fine" is moving that number

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't understand the appeal of a rapist. Sorry.

The only appeal Biden has to most of us here is "can beat Trump soundly and bring the Senate along with him."

To the general public who will likely shrug this story off unless there is video of him doing it, they think he's folksy or some shit? Whatever, I don't really get the general electorate's tastes (beyond "don't be too [x]" where "[x]" is a descriptor that lies outside of mainstream acceptable identity or behavior).

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017

!!! TRUMP has urged PENCE not to call governors in affected states who have criticized the federal response. "I say Mike, don't call the governor of Washington; you're wasting your time with him. Don't call the woman in Michigan. … If they don't treat you right, I don't call...

Just determined to lose Michigan.

OP
OP
Ogodei

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
She said in another interview that none of the pro-bono lawyers would touch the case once she gave them all the details. She didn't refuse representation; they refused her.

All very bizarre. The hesitancy of so many people to touch this case, even those with a vested interest to do so, is only going to muddy the waters further.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, my hold up on Warren is the prospects of 2024. We need a VP (if they end up running) who can stave off the young white male bench the GOP is about to put up.

Oct 25, 2017
So much of what Trump has said in these press conferences will be used in ads as the death toll continues to rise and the hospital crisis looms. Give it a week or two

It's absolutely insane that he was continually pivoting to "I WANT TO SELL VENTILATORS TO OTHER COUNTRIES!", shortly after both saying the cost was no object and that the GM deal initially fell through due to price.

SmokeMaxX

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all are missing our first female President, Ivanka Trump, in your predictions for 2024.

Also, fuck Tom Cotton. I would probably be more likely to vote for Ted Cruz over him.

Oct 25, 2017
The moment the GOP puts up a competent woman our suburban strategy probably flies out the door. Good thing we're not close to that.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Trump has to be a schizophrenic lol. Hes completely changed his tone today about the media and on how quickly he wants to reopen the country. I mean wtf is even going on with the guy. He changes his tone now like every week.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
twitter.com

Jim Acosta on Twitter

“Social distancing? Not at the stimulus bill signing in the Oval Office.”

KoPiQaL.jpg

I made a run to the liquor store today and there was better social distancing there.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
The moment the GOP puts up a competent woman our suburban strategy probably flies out the door. Good thing we're not close to that.

The problem is that the surge numbers based on the back of Trump-not the GOP, but the actual person-are going to fall into pieces once he's out. It's not clear that the GOP can easily replicate that turnout -sort of like Democrats w/ the black vote and Obama or the Catholic vote w/ JFK.

And it's not like being a woman saved Comstock.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Dan Crenshaw : presidential candidate :: people wrapping their heads in toilet paper : N95 masks

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
Making predictions about 2020, much less 2024, until we see how COVID plays out is crazy to me. If the virus spreads nationally and he have thousands of elderly pass away like Italy and Spain its going to really hurt Trump with his base. If COVID comes back in the fall it could push the economy into a severe recession and who knows how that changes people's view of the government?

Oct 25, 2017
Making predictions about 2020, much less 2024, until we see how COVID plays out is crazy to me. If the virus spreads nationally and he have thousands of elderly pass away like Italy and Spain its going to really hurt Trump with his base. If COVID comes back in the fall it could push the economy into a severe recession and who knows how that changes people's view of the government?
It's pretty obvious who wants to run though. The actual outcomes are completely unknown though yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.