Status
Not open for further replies.

DinosaurusRex

Oct 26, 2017

Juna

Nov 26, 2017
It's pretty simple.
Reade says that she was declined representation. Time's Up claims that they offered to represent her, but Reade declined.
Or in short, this will become an absolute mess in short order.

Mulberry

Oct 28, 2017
Can anyone find the yahoo.com article referenced in the vox article. The tweet has a link to yahoo under lifestyle for some reason, but there isn't anything on yahoo about the allegations.

shadow_shogun

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
@kaitlancollins
Trump uses the DPA for the first time, ordering General Motors "to accept, perform, and prioritize Federal contracts for ventilators." Accuses GM of "wasting time" after talks to jointly produce ventilators were put on hold.
EUJDFgUX0AQIXcJ

16:05 - 27 Mar 2020

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
We are pass 100k cases in the US now, no telling how many more people have the virus with still lack off testing and other sates not giving a fuck.
www.worldometers.info

United States COVID - Coronavirus Statistics - Worldometer

United States Coronavirus update with statistics and graphs: total and new cases, deaths per day, mortality and recovery rates, current active cases, recoveries, trends and timeline.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
It's pretty simple.
Reade says that she was declined representation. Time's Up claims that they offered to represent her, but Reade declined.

Yeah "Reade received referrals to pro bono lawyers who declined her case" seems like it squares the circle here

Oct 25, 2017
On his handling of the virus. It has jumped about 20 points in a couple of weeks.

It hasn't jumped about twenty points - it's jumped between eight and twenty points depending on the poll - and his personal favorability is still underwater.

Further, his approval jump on COVID was lower than all other world leaders and mostly attributable to Democratic voters trying to give him leeway. Your comment was Chicken Little-ing.

Oct 25, 2017
Fox News now reporting the Biden allegation:
www.foxnews.com

Biden campaign adamantly denies allegation of sexual assault

Former Vice President Joe Biden’s campaign on Friday adamantly denied a newly surfaced allegation of sexual assault leveled by a former Senate staffer, calling the claim concerning the purported incident decades ago “false.”

You can all read it to see how they are framing the story so far, but this is just a boosting of the story, not any investigative work.

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
some state governments

I'm quite happy with how well New York has sheltered me from the worst of the Trump administration
New York State government is shit, if not for them we would have much better environmental regulations in NYC, including the recently passed plastic bag ban years ago. Don't get me started. What is the sense in Albany overriding NYC regulations?? Don't get me started I said!

shadow_shogun

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
@mkraju
· 33m
Replying to @mkraju
McCarthy, on the other hand, is expected to attend today

Manu Raju

@mkraju
Republicans are the only ones on the attendee list for the event, even though bill was the product of intense bipartisan talks. Attendees, per WH:
Sen. Mitch McConnell
Kevin McCarthy, House Minority Leader
Rep. Kevin Brady, R-TX
Rep. Greg Walden, R-OR
Rep. Steve Chabot, R-OH
16:13 - 27 Mar 2020

Mulberry

Oct 28, 2017
What legal council would decline something like this though? This is career defining.
Career defining in a bad way. They lawyers probably didn't see a case. The statute of limitations has long since passed i'm sure. I still haven't sorted out who declined who so I hope more reporting is done.

SmokeMaxX

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty simple.
Seems like there should be no shortage of lawyers who would jump at taking on this case pro-bono now that it's out in the open. If you can take down a former Vice President, you write your own check for the rest of your life.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

twitter.com

Lauren Gambino on Twitter

“Ayanna Pressley tests NEGATIVE for coronavirus. "As an asthmatic and as someone who had been in contact with a colleague who tested positive for COVID-19, it was determined that I fell into a high risk category."”

twitter.com

Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley on Twitter

“I am grateful for the efficient response by healthcare providers at #MGH & I'm relieved that I tested negative for #COVID19. TY for the outpouring of support for me & my family. My heart goes out to those battling the virus & the surviving family of those who have already passed...

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
Career defining in a bad way. They lawyers probably didn't see a case. The statute of limitations has long since passed i'm sure. I still haven't sorted out who declined who so I hope more reporting is done.
Ford had pro-bono representation from what I recall and that was in the 80s.

But yeah I assume they're hunting for the lawyers now.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Time's Up says she declined their offers of pro-bono referrals to counsel.
Reade says the pro-bono lawyers/counsel declined her case when she told them the details.
Intercept says Time's Up refused any offer of representation/legal counsel.

Everyone pointing fingers at everyone else.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

Totally bipartisan signing

twitter.com

“Ayanna Pressley tests NEGATIVE for coronavirus. "As an asthmatic and as someone who had been in contact with a colleague who tested positive for COVID-19, it was determined that I fell into a high risk category."”

twitter.com

“I am grateful for the efficient response by healthcare providers at #MGH & I'm relieved that I tested negative for #COVID19. TY for the outpouring of support for me & my family. My heart goes out to those battling the virus & the surviving family of those who have already passed...

that's relieving

SmokeMaxX

Oct 25, 2017
Time's Up says she declined their offers of pro-bono referrals to counsel.
Reade says the pro-bono lawyers/counsel declined her case when she told them the details.
Intercept says Time's Up refused any offer of representation/legal counsel.

Everyone pointing fingers at everyone else.
I'd totally dismiss whatever The Intercept says. They're not one of the parties involved and they have an agenda. Hypothetically you could just have Reade publicly ask Time's Up for a pro-bono referral to counsel to see who's lying, but I'm sure that has its own set of complications. I'm inclined to believe it doesn't matter at this point. Reade should just retain her own counsel.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017

It's wrong

Cuomo being a thing is an example of someone filling the void Biden is lsaving. No one would care about fucking Cuomo if Biden was doing what he should be doing right now. People wouldn't be looking to him or his pressers if Biden showed any kind of leadership through this. Trump has done nothing but bullshit and downplay how much help states need and he's letting it go. He's talking about reopening everything already. If what Trump is doing matters now then Biden is helping him by allowing his narratives to go completely unchecked.

Biden doing nothing here matters, yeah.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

twitter.com

twitter.com

🙏

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Trump on Sunday, before enforcing the DPA this afternoon:

"We're a country not based on nationalizing our business. Call a person over in Venezuela; ask them how did nationalization of their businesses work out. Not too well. The concept of nationalizing our business is not a good concept."

Republicans bringing us to Venezuela, trillion dollar bailouts too.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
There's a difference between not wanting to get into a petty political sniping battle with Trump in a crisis and remotely challenging the insane anti science rhetoric he is spewing that will get people killed and the games he's playing with governors of states he doesn't give a fuck about

Status
Not open for further replies.