• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

Asked if he'll commit not to taking bailout money for his own properties, Trump notes that he donates the presidential salary even though "nobody said thank you" and says he has "no idea what they're talking about" with regard to the bailout.

So: no commitment.
Trump concludes his non-answer on whether he'll commit not to take bailout money for his own businessess: "I've learned: let's just see what happens."

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
LOL all those quarantined GOP Senators has greatly diminished Moscow Mitch's power in the Senate.

Ya love to see it.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
The House now has an opening to introduce a better plan and bludgeon the Senate with it. They don't even have to pass it yet.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Yes, China is sending us masks, but let's piss them off by spreading misinformation and conspiracy theories.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Donald's stilted attempt at empathy is overshadowed by his Romney dig:

Adam Kinzinger @RepKinzinger

My prayers for @MittRomney @RandPaul and every American facing this virus. No petty shots please, until this all passes. https://twitter.com/peterbakernyt/status/1241856972976160768 …

6:54 PM - Mar 22, 2020

Jake Tapper @jaketapper

The disease can be fatal, especially for those 60 and above and/or with pre-existing conditions.

Romney is 73 and his wife, 70, has MS. https://twitter.com/peterbakernyt/status/1241856972976160768 …

7:02 PM - Mar 22, 2020

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

Asked about using chloroquine for this, Trump says, "Why should we be testing it in a test tube for a year and a half when we have thousands of people that are very sick, very, very sick, and we can use it on those people?" (Clinical trials are not done via "test tube"...)
Trump calls the evidence for chloroquine's effectiveness here "very strong evidence." Fauci says it's "anecdotal." (Trump notes trials are starting in New York.)

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
No reporter has asked how Rand Paul got tested when he was asymptomatic when sick people can't.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
He seems to think that we can magically re-open everything instantly after varied 14-day things end in whatever location.
I'm not listening to the clown but imo you have to do that, maybe more like 21 days though. We're not going to eradicate it even with a national lockdown without massive enforcement and spying measures. Best we can do is flatten the curve, expand healthcare capacity, get more antivirals, hope it's seasonal (reports suggest it does favor certain temps) and do what Britain is doing, isolating the most at risk for a while.

Johnson said people with "the most serious health conditions" should be "shielded" from social contacts for 12 weeks, starting this weekend. He mentioned people over 70, those with chronic illnesses and pregnant women as particularly at risk, though it was unclear whether everyone in those groups was being told to stay home for 12 weeks.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I bet The Mercy doesn't make it out of port in less than 2 weeks. As I understand it it's neither staffed or stocked with supplies.
When Trump was announced he was dispatching the ship to NY, it was reported that it was currently undergoing repairs and it'd be several weeks before it could be deployed.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
I think this is the time now to definitely agree that all Americans, regardless of income, should get a check.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

Trump: "Everybody is suing me...I'm being sued all over the place. And doing very well. But it's unfair."

Trump is now talking about how he was once at a charity event in New York and some people booed him but some people cheered him, and the First Lady, who is "very popular," said, "Huh. That's strange. I have never heard anybody booing you."

Status
Not open for further replies.