• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
It'll be interesting to see, though my experience is that people are insulted by Trump talking about criminal justice reform as if it's just for the blacks because obviously we're all in prison.

I think black male turnout is going to be generally lower from millennials on down, but that's because no one left will be talking seriously about reparations or creating a free black state and funding initial infrastructure for it or whatever. The sense I get is that black males who are younger than me are more ready to give up entirely, make as much money as possible, and try to use that to insulate themselves from the issues of American society rather than working to grind out political compromises in the name of incrementalism.
All Trump needs is like 5% more of black men to vote for him to win the election.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Biden, getting ready for his rise in the polls today: "Mmm, I love the smell of young girls' hair in the morning. Smells like victory."

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Today's the test for both Biden and Bernie, Bernie if he can clinch it and Biden if he can do a last minute comeback with the endorsements he's picked up. Whoever prevails I'll feel a lot better about running in November cuz both of them need to prove they can pull it off in my eyes. So today will be a good day one way or the other. Unless it's in a dead heat tie in which case they can both get lost cuz omg I just want this to be over already.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
The only young white guy Biden should consider is Beto, I don't see what Pete brings to the table. If Beto could set up shop in Texas and Arizona and deliver either of those states for us, that would be beyond amazing.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
Primary politics don't translate to the GE well.
No, what I'm saying is that this primary process should be easier for Bernie than 2016, given that Biden is a weaker primary opponent than Hillary, combined with the fact that Bloomberg is spending hundreds of millions to steal Biden's voters and delegates. Bernie should be able to crush Joe. After all, he has better fundraising, organizing, message discipline, energy, public enthusiasm, mental acuity, etc. than Joe. What is Bernie failing to do here that he did against Hillary in 2016, in your opinion?

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Why would it be an electoral disaster?
Pete is from IN which is a nonstarter in the GE for Biden. Pete had like 3% black support in this primary and minimal hispanic support. His favorables are pretty bad for someone who's only been around for a year or so. Guy is reviled by younger voters beyond repair. He shits on left-wing policies constantly from a right-wing PoV with no shame.

There is virtually no advantage to having Pete be his VP except maybe clinching New Hampshire (lol)

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
I personally don't need to be "inspired" or excited by a candidate or promised a bunch of pie in the sky policies that have no shot at even getting unanimous Dem support, nevermind any Republicans. Getting this fuck out of the WH at any cost is all the inspiration I need.

This is how I feel also. The only candidate that has inspired me was Obama. Biden and Sanders are about as inspiring as a shart but I'll still vote whichever one of them wins since I don't care who it is, I just want a Democrat in the White House next year.

Oct 25, 2017
Trump already gave up the high ground on criminal justice reform by showing he believes it's only for rich white guys.
You really think this matters when the ads will focus on Biden being a massive hypocrite, hyper targeted to black voters on Facebook.

Biden's past on racial issues will bite him in the ass and don't show up on here shocked when it happens.

Oct 25, 2017
All Trump needs is like 5% more of black men to vote for him to win the election.

I don't think he'll be necessarily successful at this, but I do think that black male turnout is going to be a struggle to turn out for the Democratic Party unless Biden promises hard economic enticements to black folks. I also think Bernie was always going to have this problem; he doesn't do enough to frame his economic arguments in terms of race.

The superpredators comments 100% hurt Hillary by election day. I can't believe we're doing this again on a demo as crucial as black voters.

This is absolutely true. Everyone read that Michelle Alexander takedown of Hillary, too. I don't think the Democratic Party understands how much it is turning off young black voters by running people who basically shit on black folks in their day, but who are not making up for that by offering, loudly and clearly, policies that focus on black financial elevation.

And I don't think CJ reform is really what that portion of voters wants. I think the 35-and-under crowd want to hear financials. I also think that more of them are ready to sit politics out and make the Democratic Party earn their vote if they don't get it.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I prefer Warren and have a lot of doubt if Biden can win, I dont want to go back to the obama years, that's simply not good enough. But I don't think Warren can win either and Sanders' "we'll pass our agenda by having a revolution" is a joke.

so it's Biden. Another election where I'm not enthusiastic about voting but vote anyways.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Biden definitely going to pick Warren. He's promising her both VP and Treasury Sec. And he's going to tell her that she can craft all of his policy goals.

/s

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also I dont get why people are asking Biden supporters about the reasons to pick Biden. The time to reach out to the moderate lane has been the past 12 months as it was clear that Bernie need to expand beyond his base to win this election and yet people got shat on for supporting anyone else. The kind of statement Beto made about everyone is what should have been blasting out of Bernies camp all this time and yet his alienation of people left him vulnerable

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Also i got invited to a Paid focus group in CA but when I checked the URL it said GOP and went nope. And Not a day later I got a text from a Tula supporter asking for my vote and I reported the text as spam

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Despite the craziness of the past day or so, my prediction is that Bernie will get an insurmountable lead tonight.

Either way, I hope it's a blowout in either direction so we can move past the primaries.

Hope so, wife and I are going out to support him tonight after work. I used to like Biden as the safe choice, but he's about exciting as a wet mop.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
This is it. I really want to know from all the Biden supporters here, besides his being boring compared to our current chaos, why do you like him? Why does he inspire you? Why do you think he's the best choice? Why is that more important than systematic change that fires up and gets the next generations engaged and involved in their future, because Biden doesn't do that and he will lose it for us since he's worse than Hillary in every way. Maybe the fact he has a penis will be the key to his victory. I'm 100% serious since sexism is so rampant in this country. Maybe the dong factor really is that strong.
Biden is tremendously relatable. He is essentially the personification of human suffering. People identify with and share his burden. Sorry you can't reduce this to just him having a penis. The biggest reason Biden haters can't get it is because they view politics fundamentally as a collection of ideological and not personal or familial views.

biden supporters I think in general have been unhappy that his campaign thus far has completely and totally ignored his humanity. He's been the boring old racist candidate and not the guy that gave the, "this is America. Come on" speech 3.5 years ago.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
Biden and Bernie do not inspire me one bit beyond the possibility of removing that orange tumor from office and punishing the GOP. They're a means to that end.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
How exactly does a revolution work that removes Mitch McConnell but can't easily get past Joe Biden? Someone that people say has no enthusiasm within his own party and has less money than you to spend?

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Keep in mind when Clinton won Warren's endorsement in 2016 she plastered her everywhere, to the point that people really thought they'd team up on a ticket. That obviously didn't happen.

Pete would be the ultimate "double down on Midwestern educated whites" move for Biden. The problem is he should already have that appeal.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
This idea that Biden can't raise money is silly. You're about to see mountains of donor cash come his way.

edit: Wait I might have been responding to an old page. Well, it's still true.

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
Just was perusing the Dem. primary OT thread and lord what a dumpster fire. Someone just referred to Biden and his "pedophile ways". How is that in any way reasonable discourse?

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also people are rightly pointing out how terrible Biden has been in this campaign but should we not be worried that bernie could not put together the coalition necessary to take down such a shitty campaigner? The truth is they are both shit and you can make an argument about which one has the bigger flaws but they both have massive flaws

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
www.thenation.com

Why Hillary Clinton Doesn’t Deserve the Black Vote

From the crime bill to welfare reform, policies Bill Clinton enacted—and Hillary Clinton supported—decimated black America.

Get ready to see this x100 by September.

I'm sure we will doesn't mean it matters. He has more than one path.

Also, young black men were one of the largest groups of non voters in the last election. Why does Bernie suddenly make them come storming back? And what about the equally large "socializm" campaign targeting older voters (the ones that vote in largest numbers) that would come with a Bernie nomination. Would that not matter?

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
The World
Pete is from IN which is a nonstarter in the GE for Biden. Pete had like 3% black support in this primary and minimal hispanic support. His favorables are pretty bad for someone who's only been around for a year or so. Guy is reviled by younger voters beyond repair. He shits on left-wing policies constantly from a right-wing PoV with no shame.

There is virtually no advantage to having Pete be his VP except maybe clinching New Hampshire (lol)

Home state advantage is anyway over-rated. Biden has struggled to get the support of the college-educated well to do supporters where Pete does very well. Plus, having a gay VP candidate makes a statement too IMO. Minorities appeal is covered by Biden himself. Who is Sanders going to have as VP?

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Also I dont get why people are asking Biden supporters about the reasons to pick Biden. The time to reach out to the moderate lane has been the past 12 months as it was clear that Bernie need to expand beyond his base to win this election and yet people got shat on for supporting anyone else. The kind of statement Beto made about everyone is what should have been blasting out of Bernies camp all this time and yet his alienation of people left him vulnerable
Let's hope Biden spends his time the next number of months reaching out to PoC voters to energize and earn their votes -while answering for some of his past history. Especially in GE swing states and traditional Dem states.

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
Home state advantage is anyway over-rated. Biden has struggled to get the support of the college-educated well to do supporters where Pete does very well. Plus, having a gay VP candidate makes a statement too IMO. Minorities appeal is covered by Biden himself. Who is Sanders going to have as VP?
Twist, he announces Biden as his VP.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Let's hope Biden spends his time the next number of months reaching out to PoC voters to energize and earn their votes -while answering for some of his past history. Especially in GE swing states and traditional Dem states.

Yes he better and he also will need to do some massive conciliation with the leftist side of the party. We are seeing that their is definitely a split that is going on and neither side did the appropriate reaching out necessary to consolidate support. Whoever wins has lot of work to do.

If whoever wins the nomination takes any of the coalitions votes for granted we are fucked

Oct 25, 2017
Also people are rightly pointing out how terrible Biden has been in this campaign but should we not be worried that bernie could not put together the coalition necessary to take down such a shitty campaigner? The truth is they are both shit and you can make an argument about which one has the bigger flaws but they both have massive flaws
I mean it's showing you that name recognition and institutional power go a long fucking way. The former VP doesn't need a good campaign or organization to win a primary. He can also blanket the media for an entire weekend with an endorsement from every living and breathing Dem.

Oct 25, 2017
I have no confidence in Biden or Bernie addressing the issues of PoC, especially young black voters, in order to drum their support up substantially more than they've done so far.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Black people are not going to fall for targeted Trump ads attacking Biden as a racist. Come the fuck on...

Status
Not open for further replies.