• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plutone

Oct 25, 2017
One of the best things about Warren, and honestly, she's the only candidate who can say this...is how quiet her campaign team is. There is no stupid Twitter stuff. There is no leaking to the press about how she's definitely not senile. There's no stupid proxy wars. Honestly, if I didn't know who her campaign manager was, I probably couldn't pick him out of a lineup. It's just a machine doing what political machines do, without getting in their own way. I think that's reason 23,319 that she'd be a good President. She can hire competent people.

This is an excellent point. There isn't say, a David Sirota that was making me wonder wtf is going on in her head that she hired him.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017

Have Indian Americans always been so pro conservative?

Still, more than 80 percent of Indian Americans voted for Hillary Clinton, the Democratic nominee, over Trump in 2016, according to polling by the Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund.
Trump's job approval with Indian Americans was only 28 percent in 2018, according to the Asian American Voter Survey, a poll of registered Asian American voters. About 66 percent of respondents disapproved.
But yeah, there's a contingent, like most minority or immigrant groups, that is all aboard with tax cuts and "fuck you got mine" mentalities. They'll overlook the rest.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017

By the way, a friend of mine just had twins and tonight is the first time he and I chatted since they were born. He and his wife are struggling to the say the least. I don't know how you keep it together and still manage to post here lol.

My husband's best friend, who is more like a brother to him and a brother-in-law to me, and his wife just had twins. Perfectly healthy baby boys. They just came home today. They texted me a minute ago and the older boy (by 4 minutes) has been screaming for 2 hours.

I miss that. :(

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017

They did one of those dumb corn polls at the steak fry thing.

For reference tickets bought by campaigns:
Biden purchased the most, at 1,800. Buttigieg purchased 1,500 tickets, Harris had 1,000 (though she turned out an additional 200 people who attended her non-ticketed rally), and Warren bought 750. Booker and former Texas Rep. Beto O'Rourke each purchased 500 tickets, and Klobuchar bought 325. Sanders, Montana Gov. Steve Bullock and Castro all purchased 200. Activist Tom Steyer bought 100, and U.S. Sen. Michael Bennet of Colorado bought 80.

Last edited:

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
So are we actually gonna do DC statehood the first week of congress? When do they get to elect their Senators in that case?
With Hawaii, they were admitted as a state on August 21, 1959. The new congress was seated in January of 1959, and a special election was held on July 28, 1959 for the two Senators. The at-large representative was elected then as well. Alaska was admitted as a state on January 3, 1959. Then 1958 general election (to be seated in January of 1959) was held on November 4, 1958. However, Alaska voted on November 25, 1958 for both Class 2 and 3 Senators.

Last edited:

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Elizabeth Warren's Steak-Fry Strategy.

At the Polk County Steak Fry at Des Moines Water Works on Saturday, Warren's team decided to not have a massive pre-speech rally, nor a big march into the event. Instead, they did a training session early in the day with volunteers before sending them out in the event to mingle with attendees.
This is so smart. There were about 12,000 people at the event. You get your people to mingle in the crowd, make connections, hand out information, etc.
The Bernie Sanders' campaign also chose not to participate in the day's festivities, which is their usual approach to party events, instead sending volunteers out to door knock. That left Warren's team as the only ones spending the entire time getting out and talking to voters at the event (other campaigns obviously talked with attendees, it was just Warren's sole focus).
And this is not. He's still eschewing the party he arguably wants to lead.

Oct 27, 2017
The World
But yeah, there's a contingent, like most minority or immigrant groups, that is all aboard with tax cuts and "fuck you got mine" mentalities. They'll overlook the rest.

Have to keep in mind that most of them were there for Modi and not Trump. Having been an Indian American and now on and off Indian American, almost everybody I knew supported Modi for India and Democrats for US. I don't think Trump courting Modi will make them vote Trump in 2020.

Oct 27, 2017
The World
all the Indian doctors I know lean that way mainly because they're so one track minded they don't notice anything besides "taxes bad." So yeah, they're basically Hindu Ben Carsons. Still though, I have a bit of a perverse curiousity to see what would happen if a whole bunch of turbaned magas show up at the next trump rally in bumfuck Alabama.

And the ones I know which include 4 cousins, 3 Uncles, 2 Aunts and their friends which are also mostly Doctors vote Dems. Couple are even moveon members!

Slader166

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
M3Yf7Gi.png

Nice

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Rupert Murdoch has black grandchildren...and his empire helps fuel racism.

I... Why did Succession make me go down a Wikipedia hole.

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017
They bought all those tickets just for 6.9% haha

Iowa Final 3:
1. Warren
2. Buttigieg
3. Klobber (for lulz)

Last edited:

Farmboy

Oct 27, 2017
One of the best things about Warren, and honestly, she's the only candidate who can say this...is how quiet her campaign team is. There is no stupid Twitter stuff. There is no leaking to the press about how she's definitely not senile. There's no stupid proxy wars. Honestly, if I didn't know who her campaign manager was, I probably couldn't pick him out of a lineup. It's just a machine doing what political machines do, without getting in their own way. I think that's reason 23,319 that she'd be a good President. She can hire competent people.

Actually a huge reason for me, because it does say a lot about a candidate; not just in terms of organizational skills but especially in terms of attracting the right people. Harris' campaign looked promising in this respect but went into hedging-mode fairly early on. Warren is, so far, pretty much mistake free.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017

This.

I wish I was just talking about a rando on twitter so I can not post it here, but Bernie's staffers are outright sending harassers at transwomen of color. Not just Angelica, but Indya Moore and Raquel Willis.

This is not ok. AOC fired her chief of staff for far less.

ValiantChaos

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
With Hawaii, they were admitted as a state on August 21, 1959. The new congress was seated in January of 1959, and a special election was held on July 28, 1959 for the two Senators. The at-large representative was elected then as well. Alaska was admitted as a state on January 3, 1959. Then 1958 general election (to be seated in January of 1959) was held on November 4, 1958. However, Alaska voted on November 25, 1958 for both Class 2 and 3 Senators.
Adding to this the classes the DC senators would belong to would be Class 1 and Class 2. When they get elected to their respective seats their 1st terms end whenever the class there in is up for election so 2024 and 2026 respectively

Deleted member 3082

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also it's amazing to see the bottom feeders exactly where they belong. If you can't even get 5% of CORN, why do you exist?

Yup. Shucks to be them, but it's time to pop out and try again in 4 ears instead of stalking around the bottom of the polls running an empty husk of a campaign, never making a dent. It's amaizeing that so many candidates won't embrace this kernel of truth and just narrow the field; instead they stick around just to get creamed and cause irrevocoble damage when they should be working in hominy with the leading campaigns. You think they'd know butter, but this problem crops up every time. Really takes the starch out of voter enthusiasm, just as we need to be at har vest. There will be polenta of time ta ssel the American people your ideas later, let someone with a cereal shot at ending this crisis sucseed now.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
If Nate Rainbow had tweeted about Biden only having the residue of Clinton's support... There would be zero shits given. Likewise Warren.

But also lol at him being dunked on.

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
This.

I wish I was just talking about a rando on twitter so I can not post it here, but Bernie's staffers are outright sending harassers at transwomen of color. Not just Angelica, but Indya Moore and Raquel Willis.

What the FUCK

This is the "harassment" cited by the Out.com article:

Y9vqfbZ.png

8dKAYev.png

Snowy

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
This.

This definition of harassment is fucking bonkers.

She posted this Tweet publicly. It's on the public record as being her opinion. It's a bad and stupid opinion, and one of Bernie's people responding to it and highlighting it as such is totally fair game.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This.

yeah why wouldn't Sanders supporters like being told they hate black women?

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
What the FUCK

This is the "harassment" cited by the Out.com article:

Y9vqfbZ.png

8dKAYev.png
This definition of harassment is fucking bonkers.

She posted this Tweet publicly. It's on the public record as being her opinion. It's a bad and stupid opinion, and one of Bernie's people responding to it and highlighting it as such is totally fair game.
yeah why wouldn't Sanders supporters like being told they hate black women?

Y'all aren't getting it. You don't pile on trans women for "questioning Bernie". Like, what the fuck?

Trump supporters may have been worse, but what Brie is doing is putting Raquel in further danger.

Last edited:

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Scott Adams the day after the 2016 election:

No. Clinton's team of cognitive scientists and professional persuaders did a terrific job of framing Trump as scary. The illusion will wear off – albeit slowly – as you observe Trump going about the job of President and taking it seriously. You can expect him to adjust his tone and language going forward. You can expect foreign leaders to say they can work with him. You can expect him to focus on unifying an exhausted and nervous country. And you can expect him to succeed in doing so. (He's persuasive.) Watch as Trump turns to healing. You're going to be surprised how well he does it. But give it time.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone actually even read what Angelica told The Guardian?
I'm going to risk being super real here for a second. When you're on the campaign trail, what's happening a lot – and what a lot of these candidates have to avoid – is being seen as looking for a photo op. To be seen in certain communities and spaces. I heard that he was not only visiting the [Historically Black Colleges and Universities] but also visiting an old black barbershop.

I'm already struggling as a black trans advocate to get folks in my own black community to understand that being black and being LGBTQ are not mutally exclusive. What I hope Bernie would learn is you don't have to pander to just one aspect of the black community. If he would have been at the LGBTQ forum tonight, he would have seen we were talking about issues affecting people of color. I think it was a huge misstep on his part. And I'm not here for any of the excuses. I say: "Make it up to me. Make it up to us."
Scathing! Must rebuke! He marched with MLK Jr or something!
Eyeroll.

Also, he wasn't even at HBCUs during the forum, he was giving a rally at Winthrop University lol.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
Did anyone actually even read what Angelica told The Guardian?

Scathing! Must rebuke! He marched with MLK Jr or something!
Eyeroll.

Also, he wasn't even at HBCUs during the forum, he was giving a rally at Winthrop University lol.

The knives out attitude is not good. At all. Like, this was discussed in 2016 for god's sake. Why hasn't this been made clear?

Violater

Nov 19, 2017
Listening the news this morning about voters against medicare for all and not one damn reporter would ask them WHY they were against it. This is even after admitting to not seeking healthcare when sick because of the high costs.
Then Dem voters saying that Warren needs to drop her support for "Socialized Medicine" or they will not vote for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.