• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
It's still not great to label every argument as bad faith
So, what part of calling people of color who refuse to support Bernie "uncle toms" not bad faith? Or telling a woman they're glad she was raped because she's basically raping the working class by not supporting Bernie? Why is it that it is repetitively, consistently, and nearly universally aimed directly at women and people of color? There is a pattern of behavior here. I don't know why it's so hard to admit that there is one, and only one, campaign who has a massive problem with this.

Also, people show up for things they think are a priority. Clearly, Bernie does not think LGBT issues are a priority because he (thus far) has refused to speak directly to my community. And that's fine. When people show us what they are, we should believe them.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
its weird how Twitter or social media suddenly becomes representative of an entire campaign

Most Bernie supporters love Warren so the idea that the 1/4 or 1/5 that throw shit on Twitter are representative of the entire pool is misleading
I mean yes, but several Sanders campaign staff are actually very toxic social media trolls.

Last edited:

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
its weird how Twitter or social media suddenly becomes representative of an entire campaign

Most Bernie supporters love Warren so the idea that the 1/4 or 1/5 that throw shit on Twitter are representative of the entire pool is misleading
When top campaign staffers are engaging and egging on the same behavior, it becomes representative.

loquaciousJenny

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

He literally has a twitch stream, like or not his campaign has focused on social media and how his followers behave there reflects badly on him

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure everyone who has mentioned this, and I know especially me, went out of our/my way to point out its not everyone who supports him.

But, again, the first thing you ever tell a volunteer/person who wants to rep for your candidate...the moment you are advocating for a politician you are, irrevocably. part of that campaign. You might as well be on staff. Every word every action every shitty thing you say is a direct reflection on the campaign. When you canvass for Bernie/Warren/Biden you are a campaign surrogate, and youshould be expected to act like a decent human being. Because, otherwise, it only has the potential to hurt your candidate.Voters don't give benefit of the doubt.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Stories about her conservative past would probably be a positive in the general TBH.
Probably. Can talk about what she learned and why she changed; would maybe help settle fears she was "too radical" or whatever bullshit Trump pulls, etc.
Dan Crenshaw (Arrr - TX)
This is outstanding.
Since weed is becoming legal in more places, is UBI the next purity test they'll use on their lameass candidates?

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017

I mean, everyone accepts there are lots of relatively normal people supporting every candidate. Except for Yang.

Sanders has intentionally or unintentionally cultivated a lot of online weirdos. Including several on staff and surrogates. They're loud, obnoxious and the smallest slight or negative framing is taken as the worst thing in the world and warrants brigading.

The online amplified weirdos do a disservice to the normal people too. So like rather than saying Angelica Ross is too sensitive as a black trans woman being told she's a liar about strong white daddy ally, it would be better for those normal people to also work to denounce and defuse the weirdos as forcefully as possible.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017

They're right to be pessimistic about MI but delusional about the rest. MN and NH are more Democratic than MI. So if you've lost MI, you've lost the other two. Trump has double-digit disapproval in NH, and the Twin Cities will outvote the rest of the state in MN.

I think Hillary's map + MI is our bare minimum baseline, actually.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

They're right to be pessimistic about MI but delusional about the rest. MN and NH are more Democratic than MI. So if you've lost MI, you've lost the other two. Trump has double-digit disapproval in NH, and the Twin Cities will outvote the rest of the state in MN.

Lmao even they realize MI is officially lost now due to Mackinac.

ROFLMAO @ NH and MN being targets. What's next, NY?

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really care too much about this weird nomenclature discussion, but the word elite isn't used exclusively to refer to the rich and powerful, and I don't even find negative connotations associated with it.

It's just a word.

So, like, if 🌹 Twitter want to claim and redefine it to solely mean X... Then any confusion is on them not everyone else, lol.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis

Sabato agrees with you there, he just recently shifted NH to Lean D which means all the Clinton states + MI are Lean D or better by his rankings.

If Biden is the nominee you can probably safely assume Pennsylvania flips. Then he just needs literally any other state. I think it'll be Warren ultimately though, and PA/WI were both more than promising enough in their midterm results that the snapback from 2016 should give her the win.

Unrelated but I really don't know how anyone can claim Warren is an elite but Bernie isn't. Bernie's worth millions of dollars. Who cares?

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

yeah I think this is true. I am still debating warren or Bernie myself. He's been saying some suspect stuff about economics recently.

the percentage of Bernie supporters who think warren is a neoliberal shill; and they'd never vote for her are so irrelevant irl. I don't know why people care so much about their opinion in resetera threads.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You way nicer than me. :P
This is literally the first time anyone's said this about me. tyvm.
Lol, so again. It was announced in March. Pretty much the only reason someone would have a scheduling clash... Is if it was intentional.
Oh I know. I would have hoped that getting some blowback for not going would change the campaign's tune. Regardless of my distaste for the candidate and his campaign, it's important for everyone to show up for something like this. Well, everyone except for Tulsi.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Warren is an elite. You have to be so narrowly tailoring the definition of elite to exclude her that it becomes meaningless. Birdie is also an elite.

Being elite is good.

Actually what are we arguing about now? Y'all need to stop doing this. We're watching #khive #rihannahasnotalent #marianne

Oct 25, 2017
Bernie using the n word in his book is fine cuz context.

Nate Silver using the word residue to refer to the fraction of support he has kept from 2016 however is totes unforgivable and racist

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Every politician and the upper ranks in their campaigns and governments are elites. Including academics. Which aren't just hated by the right.

Oct 25, 2017
Warren is an Elite:
8ng8oBW.png

Status
Not open for further replies.