Status
Not open for further replies.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

I'm hopeful this jsut means panel is taking standing seriously - perhaps seriously enough to overturn O'Connor's ruling on that basis alone. Curious whether @nicholas_bagley agrees.

Here's @jadler1969's more optimistic take. I don't share it: if the judges thought the plaintiffs lacked standing, you wouldn't ask for briefing on the intervenors, or about the status of the dist ct opinion if no one can take an appeal -- both of which the Fifth Circuit did.

We need to talk seriously that this fucking lawsuit will really be the end of the ACA.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
We need to talk seriously that this fucking lawsuit will really be the end of the ACA.
If you don't have standing to defend the law, then how can you have standing to challenge it?

It's going to the Supreme Court regardless, but I'd much rather it be because the appeals court overturned that absurd decision than because the appeals court said the states and Congress can't appeal.

We live in uncertain times.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Why do people feel like this will be a shitshow? Do people feel like Democratic debates are the same as republican stupid Olympics?

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
Is Hickenlooper the other white male, "progress should be slow as possible" candidate? Or was that someone else?

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Hickenlooper is going to spend the entire Thursday debate attacking Bernie based off his actions the last few weeks.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
this is going to be fun. though its only a warm up for the main event tomorrow.
Hun, the Queen is tonight. This IS the main event.

source.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.