Not open for further replies.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017

very into the Tammy Caucus

WI7TlvH.gif

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Worst of all, while he's shackled to the White House, ...

I'm not an Obama hater, far from it, but I think the fact our political class managed to make that career some of the most lucrative in the history of the world is both gross, and actually harmful. You created system where even if you elect poor people you will be ruled by rich ones.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It makes no sense to do this if it's not a national emergency
Saturday afternoon will have no audience

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not an Obama hater, far from it, but I think the fact our political class managed to make that career some of the most lucrative in the history of the world is both gross, and actually harmful. You created system where even if you elect poor people you will be ruled by rich ones.
We used to take this sort of thing way more seriously. The reason presidents even get a pension is because Harry Truman died in poverty because he thought making money off the presidency was wrong

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017

I figured she was like a semi-known artist but she won a fucking Grammy! Wow. I guess I feel bad but if you're going to ignore your fans, the professionals around you AND your husband - what the fuck did you expect? And I mean was her singing going to somehow send us into an alternate universe where Trump wasn't an openly racist asshole? I don't get it.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Announcing a plan they haven't presented to the democrats? Why should he get national tv time for this?

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, again he's getting national TV time for this nothingburger?
He's not. Whatever he says is a non starter because he won't accept anything without wall funding and Democrats won't approve wall funding. His only option is a national emergency, so I'm highly suspect of that CBS reporting

Aug 1, 2018
"building bridges" is a cute way to say "get paid" and "get seen on the POTUS Twitter account"

I wonder when was the last time she was invited to a BBQ?

Family ain't gonna ice her out, so she still has at least one cookout pass. But you know they talk shit about her to her face and she's not allowed to take a plate home though, haha

less

Oct 25, 2017
Tomorrow's Trump speech confirmed to be worthless. Doubt any deal is going to be acceptable.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017

As someone who takes a specialty medication, I too have gone through 3 fucking pharmacies for my meds in a year and a half period.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe he'll announce that he will hold his breath until the nasty Dems cave.
I'd watch that.

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, just so we're all on the same page here:

This is a hollow offer from the GOP

This is clearly a flailing attempt to get the press to shift some of the blame to Pelosi for not treating this inevitable pile of crap, like it's the work of great minds.

Expect a full-court press on Dems from the usual suspects. When that doesn't work, I expect more trolling.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
PREDICTION: Trump will announce that he and "the Senate" have come to an agreement on ending the shutdown with wall funding, and it just requires Nancy to sign off. If not, "the Democrats" will own the shutdown.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017

Her husband should put her on a different path. She could either teach and perform locally or she could try her hand at becoming an actress. Or she could go fully indie and completely change her sound for smaller spaces. (Their plan right now seems to be to just wait it out.)

Her days as a major touring and recording artist have been sunsetted. As talented as she is, there's no hope for her if no radio station plays her music and no label is willing to distribute her work.

Even though she says herself that she didn't do the inauguration for the check, it's a shame that she is going through all of this now and the check wasn't even that good then.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017

Ah good, all the people they need to avert the shutdown. Should be great.

This is a PR deal. Trump hasn't offered a thing, so they're gonna try and lay the shutdown back in the Dems corner by announcing some offer that they know they won't take.

It's certainly more saavy strategy than they've been doing thus far. The question is, how generous are they willing to look, even when bluffing?

Status
Not open for further replies.