• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kcp12304

Oct 27, 2017
Claire McCaskil talking about AOC is literally idontknowher.gif

"I don't know her," McCaskill said when asked if she'd consider Ocasio-Cortez a "crazy Democrat" like the ones she decried on the campaign trail. "I'm a little confused why she's the thing. But it's a good example of what I'm talking about, a bright shiny new object, came out of nowhere and surprised people when she beat a very experienced congressman."

McCaskill added, "And so she's now talked about a lot. I'm not sure what she's done yet to generate that kind of enthusiasm, but I wish her well. I hope she hangs the moon.
"But I hope she also realizes that the parts of the country that are rejecting the Democratic Party, like a whole lot of white working class voters, need to hear about how their work is going to be respected, and the dignity of their jobs, and how we can really stick to issues that we can actually accomplish something on."

And she concluded: "The rhetoric is cheap. Getting results is a lot harder."

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does he think Fed employees won't get back pay?

I don't think they do by default. If I am not mistaken it is usually something thrown in as part of the package to reopen the government, and would therefore require Trump's signature

Robbing people of their pay won't do him any favors and won't get him his stupid wall though

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
This one is more dramatic
rT1EhbW.png
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
S&P500 is nearly as low as it was when trump started. Trump is yanking the cord on the military industrial complex in reckless way for our troops. Trump's approval rating is gonna crater, we may have a shot of the Senate removing him from office.

Also I know dow is iconic but it is a shit index. Price weighted average of 30 companies. S&P 500 is 500 companies with capitalization weighted average so Apple halving isn't as little impactful as companies 5% of the size.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
I honestly thought the "Poor me" tweet was fake or old. I had to check the date on the tweet. I can't believe it's real.

I don't get what he is saying at all

If I were to guess, I think the "shutdown money" means the 5 Billion he hopes to get off Democrats at the end of the shutdown. But of course the Dems aren't going to give one penny for his wall. In 10 days, Pelosi will put up a CR with 1 - 1.6B for border security. it'll pass the House and it may even pass the Senate with a veto-proof vote. And even if it's not veto-proof, it'll force Trump to actually veto a bill with border security money. Trump is a coward so he'll probably sign the bill hiding in a corner.

Back to the "Poor me" tweet, tanking stock market, and Mattis resigning in protest, it's definitely starting feel there are at least 10-15 GOP Senators that might be getting a little queasy with Trump's antics. It's getting to the point where they can't just hand wave it away. I agree if Mueller can produce a couple of silver bullets with his report, it just might be enough for a enough GOP Senators to cut their losses on Trump and let Pence take over. It's not just that Trump is unraveling, but now it's clear as day his erratic actions are affecting the economy and foreign policy. GOP Senators up for reelection in 2020 will have to own all of it.

Oct 25, 2017

New: In weeks before the Syria decision, national security adviser John Bolton instructed senior officials to meet directly with coalition partners and assure them the US is "staying in Syria until Iran is out of Syria," two sources tell CNN. 1/ 2/Syria withdrawal was "a complete reversal," done "without deliberation" and "no consideration of risks." Allies and partners are "shocked and totally bewildered", Syrian Democratic Forces "don't believe this is happening," a senior administration official familiar tells me.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'll take a small small win from knowing John Bolton's plans are fucked
It's not a small win, it's a huge one, even if it's one that was achieved by an idiot by mistake.
Bolton was trying to get the US in a war with Iran and was committing the US for a long term involvement in the Syrian civil war.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
I'm coming to terms with the fact that despite being quite progressive, I loathe most progressives I interact with on the internet. Apparently I don't past the purity test because I don't think everything is a zero sum game and Tulsi Gabbard is the second coming of Jesus.

Oct 27, 2017
It seems that Hair Mouse and Mustache Mouse had a fight, and Hair won.

Two sociopaths, filled with sound and gravy, signifying nothing. Sad!

Status
Not open for further replies.