Status
Not open for further replies.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
He looks like a haunted ventriloquist dummy.

It's uncanny!!
71o2dFmDpyL._SL1500_.jpg

shadow_shogun

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
@thehill
JUST IN: 107,000 purged from Georgia voter rolls for not voting in past elections: report http://hill.cm/5hzaBTx

9:22 AM - Oct 19, 2018
Georgia officials removed an estimated 107,000 people from voter rolls because they decided not to vote in prior elections, according to a new report.

An APM Reports analysis found the voters were removed under the state's "use it or lose it" law, which starts a process for removing people from voter rolls if they fail to vote, respond to a notice or make contact with election officials over a three-year period.

After that three-year span, those who don't vote or make contact with authorities in two elections can be purged from the voter rolls under the Georgia law.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Haberman's obsession with Hillary is really something else.

Why would a close aide go on the record if she had no interest in running?
Because Reines likes to talk shit to publicly flout his Clinton loyalties and/or keep his name in the conversation. This is the same guy who said Gillibrand had no shot at 2020 because she crossed the Clintons in suggesting Bill should've resigned.

Mac_Lane

Oct 29, 2017
Paris, France
It's insane that a guy could run for Governor while still being Secretary of State. The conflict of interests is so obvious.

See what happens when you just rely on norms.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I am in Georgia and am so afraid we are gonna lose this due to all this fuckery.
Just have to show up at the polls anyway and pummel the shit out of him. Easier said than done of course, but I'm confident this will at least go to a runoff, where Democrats can unleash the cavalry and get their base pumped up.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I am in Georgia and am so afraid we are gonna lose this due to all this fuckery.

I'm at least a little heartened that we've had nearly triple the amount of early voters from this same time in 2014. But yes, if we lose, its 100% because of Kemp's bullshit and this is not a functioning democracy.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like every few days is a new story about Kemp purging tens of thousands of more voters from the rolls. Fucking unbelievable.

There's no option for legal recourse if Abrams loses because of massive voter roll purges is there?

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I feel like every few days is a new story about Kemp purging tens of thousands of more voters from the rolls. Fucking unbelievable.

There's no option for legal recourse if Abrams loses because of massive voter roll purges is there?
The recourse is to vote Abrams out next time around

...that's what was the intended "punishment" for massive voter disenfranchisement is...

You can't redo an election, so matter how invalid or fraudulent it is, which is stupid.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even though the Board of Governors has 14 year terms. Trump is going to appoint 3 vacancies. And 6/7 of them will be republican when those vacant positions are filled.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia has rules in the state constitution that basically allow holders of certain positions to keep their post while running for other offices because their terms will naturally end within 30 days of needing to assume new responsibilities.
Since his position is on the ballot, Kemp will no longer be SoS come January, whether he wins the governorship or not.

Our only recourse is to overwhelm the polls.

Ohnonono

Oct 29, 2017
Holy Terra
I'm at least a little heartened that we've had nearly triple the amount of early voters from this same time in 2014. But yes, if we lose, its 100% because of Kemp's bullshit and this is not a functioning democracy.

It is just so blatant. I feel like everyone around here knows that voter suppression is his MO and it is bonkers that he even holds the office he does now.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Another state where early voting is romping 2014 and on pace to hit 2016 turnout: Virginia!

"Nearly 78,000 people have completed ballots since absentee voting began Sept. 15 — more than double the number who voted early by this point last year, according to an analysis of voting data by the nonprofit Virginia Public Access Project. That number is still shy of the 123,221 absentee ballots cast during the 2014 midterm elections, state data shows. But with a little less than three weeks before the Nov. 6 elections, local election officials say this year's absentee totals are on pace to eclipse 2014 and may even approach the turnout for the presidential election of 2016, when a near-record 496,452 Virginians cast their ballots early."

treble

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I agree the country has become too politically correct.

I should be able to call a fascist a fascist and not be chastised for civility's sake.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017

When Max Boot was a young conservative apparatchik on the make, the key moment in his career occurred when he got a meeting with Robert Bartley, editor of The Wall Street Journal editorial page, one of the movement's most prestigious and influential organs. To Boot's surprise, Bartley offered him a job as economics editorialist. The prospect "horrified" him, he writes in his new memoir and critique, The Corrosion of Conservatism: Why I Left the Right, because he "had never taken a class in the subject and had no interest in it." Boot later learned that Bartley sought out conservatives unfamiliar with economics for such jobs. "He did not want to hire an economist because most professional economists disdained supply-side economics," which is to say, an inability to see through the pseudo-economic nonsense was a cherished attribute

Oct 27, 2017
voted early in atlanta this morning
guy behind me in line said he's been early voting for 20 years here and never had to stand in line at all

Oct 25, 2017
Chuck Schumer is just the worst. Just utter garbage.

If Trump is going to be capitalizing Country when talking about this place, then I'm going to counterbalance that by not capitalizing the name the united states of america or its acronym, the usa, until a real potus is elected and a scotus that represents the people is installed.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Chuck's only claim to fame is telling the Democrats to be quiet when McCain voted no against repealing the ACA

Status
Not open for further replies.