Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Is this from now or is this old?

If bush and obama had not expanded their executive powers and subverted congressiona authority, yes
It's seems so crazy to me that the US can start a war by being an aggressor without ever having to go through the congress agreeing to it, and the decision to do that or not comes down to one man.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
The US lost 500k lives in WW2, 50 k in Vietnam Nd 5k in Iraq. A war with or in Iran is probably gonna result in many, many deaths but the US is definitely fighting from a position of absolute military superiority.
Yeah and only WW2 did we have the stomach for mass casualties. All recent military action shows us once the images roll in America loses the stomach for it. Yes we are militarily superior and we would win, but Iran has enough ordinance to do major damage in that region. And who knows how many terror cells are over here waiting. I just don't want people to think it will be a walk on park and not a big deal because we will just "deal" with them.

And politically America is tired of this war shit. Every poll says it. No way we get into a contracted war.

LQX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why Iran would do this knowing they would most likely not kill anyone and still get heavy retaliation.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't matter who sits in office. No country would another country let any of this do without retaliation. It's not about trying to trigger a response, for Iran it's about saving face towards their own people and neighbouring countries, and not let morale in their own military plummet into oblivion because they just watched when one of their highest ranking officials got killed.

That's what I mean with perspective.

Lots of countries get attacked or have high ranking officials killed without reprisal. We wouldn't have ever had any civilization without it.

(not saying Iran SHOULD have, but this does happen) I think Iran knows since Trump instigated this, this is what he wants.

oledome

Oct 25, 2017
While the UK elected their current government for very precise reason (aka BREXIT), and while I have no doubts the Tories would do their very best to lick the US' boots if need be, I'm not exactly that certain that your average UK citizen will agree to anything, actually. But still, they might be the only one.
I wholeheartedly agree and the public (I think) wouldn't support military intervention, but some of the largest protests we had here were against the Iraq War, so as far as what the people want or don't want, it's shown to not really matter in the past. I did say "certiainly" in my last post, it's not certain what would happen.

lucas_hood

Mar 20, 2018
Damn, war is coming for real. Well i have a few last wishes.. I hope I live long enough to at least hear a new Rage Against the Machine album, and to hear baby yoda's first words. That's all i ask.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Unless ICBM's get involved, Trump is a fucking moron that has a boner for the US' nuclear arsenal so that's a combo that fucking terrifies me.

I remember reading something a while ago about the US putting a bill through or something to prevent the president from having the power to do something like that anyway though so... hopefully that's the case.
Like I said, Iran is practically uninvadable. Peppering population sites with ballistics is going to make everything Trump has done in his time so far that has hurt the US' global image look like childsplay. Allies are not going to flock to America's side here.

Tounsi_Tag

Oct 29, 2017
Hey, we've got actual posters from Iran on this site. Maybe cool it with the "we're gonna roll Iran" posts, people who love to make those?

I know right ! It's disgusting and also ignorant on the front of now knowing anything about Iran, its capabilities and the overall ramifications of the current situation.

You also have posters from far away countries that are out of the scope of the current events who are crying wolf and looking for a struggle " omg we're gonna die :'( " type . No, it's people here in the ME who will be the key target of this with Iranians at the top if this is aggravated.

Yeah and only WW2 did we have the stomach for mass casualties. All recent military action shows us once the images roll in America loses the stomach for it. Yes we are militarily superior and we would win, but Iran has enough ordinance to do major damage in that region. And who knows how many terror cells are over here waiting. I just don't want people to think it will be a walk on park and not a big deal because we will just "deal" with them.

And politically America is tired of this war shit. Every poll says it. No way we get into a contracted war.

Yes. Moreso because Iran has massive influence over other countries in the region. It's intrinsically linked to the Syrian regime, Hezbollah and the resistance in Lebanon with a stronghold on the Iraqi status-quo. It really isn't as direct as people presume

Guddha

Sep 5, 2019
Anyone who thinks we can just fly over and bomb Iran is ignorant. They country is loaded with S300's and other modern anti-air systems that will make any such attempt costly at the least. I feel bad for the pilots and everyone else whose lives have put in harm's way by this repugnant orange tumor.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I suppose it's war then. People really called it when they said Trump was going to start one to try to stay President.

Oct 25, 2017
Is this from now or is this old?

EDIT: think it's old. From the comments:
ENt_eGbW4AUzmDI

lucas_hood

Mar 20, 2018
And I want to see what batman looks like in the Matt Reeves movie! and also, maybe try one of those popeyes chicken sandwiches. Ok, that's it.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck Trump for instigating a war for his own personal gain. I hope we learned form what Bush did and coordinate mass protests.

Oct 27, 2017
When was the last time America was attacked by a nation? Terrorist groups, Taliban, yes. But another country? This is war, isn't it.

Oct 27, 2017
Like I said, Iran is practically uninvadable. Peppering population sites with ballistics is going to make everything Trump has done in his time so far that has hurt the US' global image look like childsplay. Allies are not going to flock to America's side here.
And it will inspire thousands of people willing to attack us elsewhere.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
We killed a thug general of theirs, they got pissed off, and they launched a bigger attack at our base.

They have always wanted us dead. Whether you choose to believe it or not.
what the fuck are you talking about

we launched an aerial strike on someone in another country with absolutely no provocation at all while our president just pardoned a very public war criminal

Iran only has its regressive government right now because the US couldn't stand to lose its puppet state and overthrew Mossadegh who was democratically elected and brought back the Shah that was terrible and thus the Iranian revolution blossomed